Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:34 AM
Big Bream

Boat maintenance!

Hey guys,

Well i'll be the first to admit that i'm not the best with boat maintenance, not because i'm lazy but just because I don't really know what's best to keep my boat up to scratch. This often results in things rusting out and more money being out-layed to replace the said part!

With the likelihood of getting a bass boat in the near future, i'm definitely going to have to learn more about what's best for the boat.

Having said that, does anyone have any routines they follow (Aside from the standard trailer wash down and flush out of the motor) every time they head out, or monthly, quarterly etc.

Everything from maintenance of the motor, electrical connections, corrosion protection. I'm all ears!!

Todd

Pure Fishing

Follow my team page:

www.facebook.com/toddrichesfishing
Old 08-03-2015, 05:17 AM
Mature Bream

I've got into the habit after a fishing mission to just walk around the boat usually while having a beer checking out my trailer for problems for example just now I've found that the bracket that my spare wheel with the hub and bearings had vibrated loose on some corrugated roads and id lost the screw that holds the electric in place on the slide plate (padlock kept it there ) Just simple things like spraying some WD40 on your ratchet straps, Checking shackles and winch cables.
While leaning against the boat looking and dreaming of your next trip I guarantee you will find something that needs a bit of TLC.

Shimano Sustain FG 1000 on 13 ENVY Black 6.10
Shimano Stradic Ci4 1000 on 13 OMEN Black 6.10
Shimano Stradic FJ 1000 on Rapala X Rap Xtreme 6.0
Shimano Stradic Ci4 2500 on Rapala X Rap Xtreme 6.10
Old 08-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Mature Bream

I'm not sure how right I am, but I generally Lanox most of the trailer (nuts, bolts etc.) monthly and I always wash my boat and trailer with Salt Away which I've found has stopped the glass having any salt residue. As far as the rest of the boat I'm pretty anal, so I generally try and spray the hatches (even though they're stainless) whenever I have a few minutes and I polish the glass every 4-6weeks (no set routine, just when I feel like it).
Old 08-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Blue Lip

Spray a little T303 Aerospace Protectant on a sponge and wipe over every piece of plastic exposed to the sun.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:09 AM
Mature Bream

Hey todd, i pay particular attention to ensuring he boat is completely dry after cleaning it before putting it away. I towel or chamois it down, incl the hatches and internal areas etc i just bought a new bass boat and the bilge area was pretty dirty so I gave it all a good clean incl bilge pumps. Fairly important as the area holds the batteries etc