Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 21-02-2015, 09:03 PM
Mature Bream

Glenelg Trip

Hey Guys,

I am heading over to Nelson in a couple of weeks for a bit of fishing with the family, I have been there before and caught a few fish. I am looking for some advice on what lures to use.
I have Ecogear blades, Hummers, chubby vibes, atomic grubs, z man grubs, Ecogear sx, jackal chubby and a lots of other assorted hard body minnow lures. I have one megabass cicada looking top water lure and no bent minnows.
What am I missing, what should I go out and buy before the trip? What fishing style is most productive in March, only ever been there in Winter.
Old 22-02-2015, 01:02 AM
Blue Lip

Stick mainly to your minnow type lures and buy some OSP bents in white and pink head (clown) 76 and 86 . March april can see the very best surface bite
Old 22-02-2015, 01:42 AM
Mature Bream

Thanks Mr Perch, should i be fishing the osp in the daytime or are they a nightime option. Should i concentrate my efforts in the lower or upper sections of the estuary? Whats the retrieve style required to fish an osp?
Old 22-02-2015, 04:09 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzza View Post
Thanks Mr Perch, should i be fishing the osp in the daytime or are they a nightime option. Should i concentrate my efforts in the lower or upper sections of the estuary? Whats the retrieve style required to fish an osp?
Try them anytime , late and early is by far the best though.
Twitch them nice and slow through the most lure grabbing snags you can find , any part of the river will hold fish at this time of year