Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 27-12-2015, 04:56 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nereus View Post
there aren't any in Aus,i've seen ferals to about a metre TTT but you'll never see one TTF
cheers nereus
You maybe right - but unless you smear yourself in dead deer before you go for a walk - they might have sniffed you before you got anywhere near them.

When I see footage of a scientist with a neat hair cut and a camera crew walk into the bush trying to find something - I always think at least one of the crew is giving the game away
Old 27-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
You maybe right - but unless you smear yourself in dead deer before you go for a walk - they might have sniffed you before you got anywhere near them.

When I see footage of a scientist with a neat hair cut and a camera crew walk into the bush trying to find something - I always think at least one of the crew is giving the game away
Yeah ok, because the crew of The World Around Us are the only people to have ever seriously looked for these things. As has been said, not a carcase, no footage, in fact they're the only species to collect their own DohDohDohDoh and hide that away too, all part of their elaborate plan to perpetuate the mystery....
Old 27-12-2015, 05:10 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

I've bred maggots......

Old 27-12-2015, 05:11 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

And also spent a bit of time around wild dogs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4271.jpg (80.4 KB, 142 views)
File Type: jpg 4272.jpg (106.4 KB, 142 views)
Old 27-12-2015, 05:12 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
All this talk reminds me of an experience I had a few years ago.
I was wandering along a creek bank flicking a lure into the snags when in the bush behind me came a blood chilling growl. I didn't pay too much attention until a minute or so later I heard it again.
Curiosity got the better of me and I just had to see what it was. So I crept into the bush and a lyrebird comes charging out straight at me giving me the fright of my life.
Now this creek is only a couple of hundred metres off the Princess Highway where there's a steep hill and a couple of sharp turns. The lyrebird was imitating the noise of the exhaust brakes on the semi trailers heading down around the corners.
The noise i heard when a mate and i were deep in the scrub one night about 25 years ago chilled us to the bone..it was a BIG BIG cat (no lyrebirds around here).......when we heard it we just looked at each other with stupid DohDohDohDoh scared looks on our faces, we jumped on our bikes and went flat out home and never went back to that area after dark .
I should add that my bike started first go and got me well out of there, about 30 minutes after i got home old mate turned up white as a ghost and not very happy with me (his bike wouldn't start and he recons he knows exactly how a livey feels when fed out on a hot bite).
I will never ever forget that sound.
Old 27-12-2015, 05:16 AM
Blue Lip

Another great yarn for the camp fire.....
Old 27-12-2015, 05:19 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
Yeah ok, because the crew of The World Around Us are the only people to have ever seriously looked for these things. As has been said, not a carcase, no footage, in fact they're the only species to collect their own DohDohDohDoh and hide that away too, all part of their elaborate plan to perpetuate the mystery....
The reason I mention scientists, is most people look to them as guru's of whats out there.

They can only mention what "they" can record and prove with hard scientific evidence.

Look at the record fish captures - there have been far bigger fish caught by blokes who didnt get it registered.

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
- Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio
Old 27-12-2015, 05:29 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Manno - you've got to let go - lifes more fun when there are yowies and big cats out there. And you're missing the obvious thing that all big predators do - they always have a lair full of bones and they eat the guys who may blow their cover

Old 27-12-2015, 05:33 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

And unless you have Val Kilmer or Arnie in your crew - you may missing what it takes to ge the job done

Last edited by yellow door 1; 27-12-2015 at 05:36 AM.
Old 27-12-2015, 05:41 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Sometimes it takes a Billy to spot things other trained professionals cant spot

Old 27-12-2015, 05:45 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Cats bury there crap
I also know of video footage of a big cat attacking a 5 foot kangaroo that was given to the powers that be, they told the public that it was just a very large feral cat, however they also told the owner of said video that it was a "puma" but would never say that to anyone but him because they didn't want the Grampians overrun with knobheads shooting everything that moves
Old 27-12-2015, 06:05 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

When I get a crew together for a hunt - I like to include the best of the best from different cultures - coz a man who knows how to knock out a bear with his bare fists may not know how to weasel his way into a weasels den

Old 27-12-2015, 06:07 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
You liked it then ?
Old 27-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
When I get a crew together for a hunt - I like to include the best of the best from different cultures - coz a man who knows how to knock out a bear with his bare fists may not know how to weasel his way into a weasels den

Now im suddenly interested....
Old 27-12-2015, 06:58 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
depending on which camp fire you are sitting at - your view may be received with open arms and sugary treat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (77.2 KB, 135 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: