Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 26-03-2012, 02:28 AM
Big Bream

Need advice or help

Hey guys time to get my noob on... May be a stupid question but anyway..

So every time I wind my braid in instead of going on evenly on the spool |__|. It's does this \__/

If been told it could be due to the way I wind the bushings? Or even the way the wind is lol
Anyone able to give me some advice
Thanks
Old 26-03-2012, 02:41 AM
Mature Bream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xc6-Vdwfcg
Old 26-03-2012, 03:18 AM
Mature Bream

I find problems with uneven line lay are usually due to a cheap reel with a poor level wind or the last time the spool was taken off someone forgot to put the wahsers back on the spindle before replacing the spool or put the washers on in the wrong order. If it's a decent reel & all the washers are where they are supposed to be then look to see if you can add or remove a washer on the spindle to get even lay. If the line is all going to the top of the spool then add a washer, if it's all going to the bottom, then remove one.
Old 26-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Blue Lip

I reckon its the washers you put under the spool from memory. When you buy a reel, you get some extra washers with it. I know daiwa high end reels come with them, not sure about others. You use one, none or a combination of these washers to get the desired line lay. Your manual should have more comprehensive information. Each spool line lay type has its own advantages, disadvantages and applications. For example, i think if ypu have the line concentrated towards the top, you will get longer casts, i think
I just do it normal aye
Old 26-03-2012, 03:48 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagz View Post
I reckon its the washers you put under the spool from memory. When you buy a reel, you get some extra washers with it. I know daiwa high end reels come with them, not sure about others. You use one, none or a combination of these washers to get the desired line lay. Your manual should have more comprehensive information. Each spool line lay type has its own advantages, disadvantages and applications. For example, i think if ypu have the line concentrated towards the top, you will get longer casts, i think
I just do it normal aye
Thanks a heap nagz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: