Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 07-01-2013, 05:58 PM
Mature Bream

I reckon with the Shimano Vanquish C2000 you've already got the best of both worlds… Light cranking and low start up inertia (Daiwa trait) with stella internals!
Old 07-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Blue Lip

They're both good. I think Daiwa have more variety though, especially with finesse fishing across various price points.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Mature Bream

Benno do own a c2000 Vanquish?, what is it like compared to a Stella?
Old 07-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frithy View Post
It's like the Holden V Ford.... if either was distinctively better, than the other would be out of business, they are each other's biggest competitors which means they keep each other on their toes.
personally, I prefer Daiwa... just like I prefer Ford... I don't think either of them are superior, I just like them more.
Actually they did go out of business, then the US govt prop them back up to save jobs.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meh? View Post
Benno do own a c2000 Vanquish?, what is it like compared to a Stella?
Soon I will! I've had a play and I'd say it's like a stella crossed with an exist. Sexy reels.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrocket View Post
The short story is It's not superior mate, both shimano and daiwa make top quality gear, where daiwa win is with bling factor.
I agree entirely, i use both Shimano and Daiwa, i'm not out to make a statement, its fishing not a fashion statement. Each to their own though, don't get suckered into the whole Daiwa vs Shimano debate, just stick with what works for you.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:22 PM
Blue Lip

I personally cant get enough of either brands and tackle full stop. Though i definitely think daiwa wins in the rod depmartment. Havent been that impressed with shimano rods for a while. And yep my heart used to lie with shimano
Old 07-01-2013, 07:37 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamobsession View Post
I agree entirely, i use both Shimano and Daiwa, i'm not out to make a statement, its fishing not a fashion statement. Each to their own though, don't get suckered into the whole Daiwa vs Shimano debate, just stick with what works for you.
absolutlely fishing is not fashion. Just have a look at that hurricane hoodie your wearing.

CHECK THIS.......

http://www.facebook.com/BreaminNPerchin
Old 07-01-2013, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlipz View Post
absolutlely fishing is not fashion. Just have a look at that hurricane hoodie your wearing.
Lol good point mate haha. I know but that's promotion not fashion I almost never wear fishing brands ect.

Last edited by Breamobsession; 07-01-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCYL View Post
Actually they did go out of business, then the US govt prop them back up to save jobs.
Big difference between going bankrupt and being bailed out by the govt and going out of business (they are still operating)- GM going bankrupt had nothing do with the quality of GM vehicles but was more a result of Lehman Brothers collapsing.
In principle, what I said is still right, you can't argue that Lamborghini are rubbish because one of their dealers in Sydney went bankrupt.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Mature Bream

I use both and continuously find myself going back to daiwa purely for the fact thier finess reels are of a better class than shimano. For example a 1000 Stella jut dosnt compare to an exist or a similar size IMO. In saying that shimano have some great heavier reels. I only really ever fish light finess tackle hence my love for daiwa.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Mature Bream

Agree Daiwa seems to have the Rods covered better. Used to like Shimano back when a lot of their reels like Stradics were made in Japan and good quality, not made in Malaysia now. Having said that most of my Daiwa reels are made in Thailand/Malaysia etc but they just seems better now. Also had some issues with line twist with Shimano so switched to Daiwa and they seemed better so never went back, as fairly happy with the Daiwa reels. Daiwa also seems to pack more higher end features in their lower priced reels so you still get a great reel, like the Tierra that feels almost identical to the luvias DA just for half the cost. Must say the paint job on the Zaion is rubbish and chips so easily, Shimano definately had better paintwork! don;t think I've bought a new Daiwa reel that wasn't already marked. But I still love my Japan made Stradic 1000!
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Blue Lip

daiwa is only considered superior because of two reasons.

Marketing and range.

they market everywhere and anywhere and reach their intended audience. They don't rely on ifish to market their products. seriously open up the cover of fishing world and when did you last see a shimano advert.

Secondly the daiwa aust. domestic range if far superior to the shimano domestic range! for me it has nothing to do with finesse or durability it's the fact that shimano only bring in a small portion of thier reels to aust.

the 2000 size vanquish would easily compete with a certate or steez but they just don't bring them into the country.

seriously a 1000 size reel to a 2500 size reel is a big gap which is why daiwa have found a market with their 2000.

also the ability of the 2506/2508/2500 daiwa. it's just so versatile and thats what is lacking in the shimano range and why unless you go to the stella or maybe a biomaster daiwa will be considered superior!

www.crankalures.com
Old 07-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennno View Post
Soon I will! I've had a play and I'd say it's like a stella crossed with an exist. Sexy reels.
Stellas and vanquish are very similar.
Differences being single vs double line BB and one less under the spool I think.
Also it has aluminium vs brass gears
Lastly the rotor is made from ci4+ instead of mg.
I got it cause I didn't feel the need the toughness of the Stella (for tough reels I prefer twinpowers to stellas) and balances beautifully with the F2-610XSRC
Old 07-01-2013, 08:05 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
I have. Many times.
same here, I'm just like shi that look good but while fighting a fish your not worried about looks but the perormance yu get from great gear
Daiwa + Megabass all the way