Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 14-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Blue Lip

Short answer.... No!

Ruptured a ligament in my left ankle two weeks ago and have only in the last two days been putting weight back on my left leg. Its been killing me!!! (the non fishing bit) but im gonna try hobble to a spot i can fish after work this week if i can manage it. Not long after the stella arrived so did the EX AGS 71.5L-S that its paired with. Spooled and ready to go!! Ive been that desperate i may be found sitting on the couch with the leader tied to the tv cabinet just so i can load it up........

Ill let you know as soon as it sees a fish of some description!
Old 14-04-2014, 08:37 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
Short answer.... No!

Ruptured a ligament in my left ankle two weeks ago and have only in the last two days been putting weight back on my left leg. Its been killing me!!! (the non fishing bit) but im gonna try hobble to a spot i can fish after work this week if i can manage it. Not long after the stella arrived so did the EX AGS 71.5L-S that its paired with. Spooled and ready to go!! Ive been that desperate i may be found sitting on the couch with the leader tied to the tv cabinet just so i can load it up........

Ill let you know as soon as it sees a fish of some description!
Unlucky man about the ligament!!

Super keen to hear how the reel goes though! I think the shape is starting to grow on me, I guess I'll see when it gets here

www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 15-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
Short answer.... No!

Ruptured a ligament in my left ankle two weeks ago and have only in the last two days been putting weight back on my left leg. Its been killing me!!!
I know them feels mate. Did mine sand boarding north of port stephens and had to crawl/hop 1km back over the dunes to where we were camping. Not fun.
Old 01-06-2014, 12:56 PM
Poddy Bream

I was (sad I know) looking at the FI / '14's specs and I've just realised that Shimano have actually dropped the old 1000 body size - they are now effectively running with 2000, 2500 and 4000 body sizes - FE featured 4 body size variants. Quite smart actually and not a particularly big deal but gives an indication of the cost pressures they are under. The other tell-tale is the port machining on the spools - I bet the machining cost of the FI spool is much lower than the FE's. With the nuclear power plants shutting down after Fukushima and the massive increase in fossil fuel imports to keep the lights on I think we will see more economising on the energy intensive bits of tackle still made in Japan. I think the FE was the last Stella model we'll see where reducing production cost was not a significant design driver - hope I'm wrong!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: