Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 16-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bass View Post
I would be one of those people that have a very smooth reel that has never been serviced and is 4 years old. I have 5 brand new steez and a brand new exist to compair it to, it feels the same

Just cause that stella you have in your pic is all sloppy and grindy

I dont believe you

Cheers
Chris
Agreed I have a three YO d.aiwa used prob 2-3 a week albeit short after work sessions (less in winter). but just a rinse and it is as smooth as the day I bought it. I have another one which I sent fro a service and hasnt come back the same. I have a third unused for a control. So im certain that it is as smooth as new.
Over the years I have sent two d.aiwas for servicing and is has been a 100% dissapointment. One hasnt come back as smooth and the other came back with an extra fault. I didnt bother returning in for fear they eff it up more. SO from my own perspective avoid as much salt splash as you can rinse after each salty soujourn and oil externals. and shes apples.

As for the original question, I belive form the FD on the stellas have made up ground and would be happy with either. But to be extremely picky The stella has a little more free play. The difference in smoothness I feel is mainly due to the different gear ratios. Stella generally run a higher ratio therefore more start up inertia. For finess applications I prefer the lower gear ratio.
Old 18-05-2012, 05:05 AM
Big Bream

Stella FE 4000

If anyone wants to buy a stella I have one I'm asking $560 for it. Thanks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: