Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 09-11-2003, 06:24 AM
Mature Bream

Hi,
Sorry for interrupting "A brief history of time" but Samurai's point is an excellent one. Would we wilfully inflict pain on another creature in the full knowledge that's what we are doing? (Assuming they feel pain). I'm not sure I would. I guess I've always assumed fish felt some low level pain from being hooked but that that was outweighed by the more general stress of not being able to escape an unseen adversary. And, since I also assumed fish would recover from that stress once released, I've happily continued catch/releasing for a decade. If they feel high order pain (which I'm not convinced about) I'd have to rethink things.(Maybe!)
Cheers,
Rigzz
Old 09-11-2003, 06:38 AM

Wink I think

that all depends how hungry you get Rigz.

While we "pay" other people to do our pain inflicting for us (the slaughtermanat the abbatoir or the pro fisher who guts andfillets your fish fingers) then we can debate those finer ideals.

But take the "hired assassins" out of the equation give a a knife a gun and a fishing rod and two weeks without food and maybe then we can discuss the finer points of inflicting pain.

Personally I'd have no trouble - I find taking personal responsibility for my own survivial no problem at all whether it's filleting, cutting a sheeps throat or shooting something to eat - they all taste good to me - and thats all the 'justification' I need!.

Cheers!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:42 AM
Big Bream

Haha trouty, my knocking physics remark was for the sake of humour only! I must say though I can't say much about your derivations with nothing more than year 12 physics under my belt. Heck I don't even know if you were being serious!

I will however, run it by and see if it has any merit to it

I'm not even going to attempt to disprove you. It all seems to be fine for the fact that the whole thing has to do Bearden's theory, which I have no idea about

The only thing I can agree with in confidence is the prerequisite of 4 dimensional space for motion.

Does the name Peter Stansbury mean anything to you?
Old 09-11-2003, 06:43 AM
Mature Bream

Hey Trouty. I like cats too! They taste like chicken.
if you think beagles are good to troll, try possums. the sharks love em and they never climb back aboard and steal your sandwiches.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:47 AM
Big Bream

btw are you saying nuclear energy is released at the rate of 9E16 js^-1??? You realise how insanely huge that is? Won't the world blow up?

Thats not it. If I remember right the energy released from splitting an atom is quite small, the fact that there are so many atoms is why so much energy is released!
Old 09-11-2003, 06:51 AM

Thumbs up Surright Torvic

Quote:
Haha trouty, my knocking physics remark was for the sake of humour only!
I wuz only teasin ya Torvic - don't sweat it bud!

As fa Tom Bearden - well .. lemme see now -if your to bamboozle ya physics lecturer then you'll need to read and understand (and be capable of reproducing Beardens proofs for E = Δ TC^2 which no doubt you could do if you search the links off this site of Beardens to his proofs.

http://www.cheniere.org

I believe he has a US patent issued for his MEG invention (Motionless Electromagnetic Generator) which "harvests EM energy" from the ether of space which depends upon E = Δ TC^2 theory for it's development and operation.

Cheers!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:08 AM

Lightbulb Time is a momentum force.

9 x 10 ^16 (Nine times 10 to the power 16) yup - thats a lotta energy isn't it Torvic!!

But whats Time Torvic?

Is time your clock ticking?..is it the earth revolving about it's own axis with the sun rising and setting every 24 hours or is it something else?

Is time the planet earths annual eliptical orbit about the sun where we experience the 4 seasons before the earth comes back to the same point in space it started 12 months before?

Did you know that caeseum clocks tick faster on top of mt everest than they do at sea level Torvic? Thats because their mass alters!

So...

what is TIME?

Lets take the earth spinning about it's own axis every day...doesnt that spinning motion - give us gravity?

So maybethe earths spin gives us gravity while the earths motion thru space on it's annual eliptical orbit about the sun is what we perceive as TIME.

And the planet earth has Mass - The Planet Earth has velocity.

Mass and Velocity give us? Momentum!!.

Ergo Time Torvic - is a momentum Force!

What are the untis of mass? Kg's?????

So we take a known mass weighing 1 KG and remove it from the earths gravitational force and what does it weigh?

Exactly zero kiograms- so units of measurement of MASS arent kilograms as modern physics teach.

Mas is compressed time energy in 3 space. It's units of measurement are seconds (not kilograms)!!!!

So much to learn Torvic, but FORST you have to learn everything in classical Quantum mechanics maxwellian vector physics before you can then realise much of it is WRONG and must be thrown out to take account of what we now know to be true with regard to the weakest forces in the universe Time, Gravity & Magnetism.

Have you ever witnessed a "sticky space" experiment with a neodymium magnet and a suspended piece of aluminium alloy?

Maybe I can find a short video clip - I'll have to go see!

Cheers!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:11 AM

Well after all that dribble I only got one person willing to answer my question Thanks Rigzz

Cheers Samurai
Old 09-11-2003, 07:28 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Lets take the earth spinning about it's own axis every day...doesnt that spinning motion - give us gravity?

So maybethe earths spin gives us gravity while the earths motion thru space on it's annual eliptical orbit about the sun is what we perceive as TIME.

And the planet earth has Mass - The Planet Earth has velocity.

Mass and Velocity give us? Momentum!!.

Ergo Time Torvic - is a momentum Force!

What are the untis of mass? Kg's?????

So we take a known mass weighing 1 KG and remove it from the earths gravitational force and what does it weigh?

Exactly zero kiograms- so units of measurement of MASS arent kilograms as modern physics teach.
How can you define time so simply? Of course any mass moving at any velocity has momentum, and when you define time in terms of an orbiting mass then of course time is momentum!! But then your initial definition of time is a funny assumption!

And mass and weight are different things. Mass is a measure of the amount of matter in a given space, whilst Weight is a measure of the acceleration experienced by that mass in a gravitation field - it has inertial properties!

Of course, take an object and stick in a vacuum like space it has no weight. Thats not to say though that it has no mass!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:34 AM

Thumbs up Exactly

Nuthin like a fresh mind!

Check this out and tell me what you think you see.

https://home.att.net/~saefting/alummag.MPG

Remember the magnet is a neodymium magnet and the suspended disc is aluminium - which is NOT normally attracted or repelled by ferrous magnets.

Cheers!
Old 09-11-2003, 07:44 AM
Big Bream

Thumbs up

That, is Lenz's law at work.

The movement of the magnet produces a change in the magnetic flux (field) of the magnet. Any change in flux, according to Lenz law induces a current and therefore a force that opposes the initial motion.

Although that disc is not magnetic and is not attracted to the any magnet, the change in flux induces in that disc a force that opposes the motion. Therefore, a force is induced in the disc towards the magnet. However, because of action = reaction, the disc will move the other way, in the SAME direction of the magnet

This theory is better demonstrated with a slightly different arrangement that we did in Physics. Take a similar disc that can rotate in the axis so it can spin freely. On top of that stick a bar magnet or so and spin it above, the disc will move along with it, hence that 'sticky' type of motion
Old 09-11-2003, 07:49 AM
Big Bream

If my explanation didn't make sense (you need to know the properties of magnetic field, lenz's & faraday's law etc which I dont doubt you do!) theres another way of explaining that from a relative point of view.

Take the situation from the magnet's point of view. If you were the magnet, then the disc is moving towards you and away from you cyclically! Again, due to Lenz's law a current and therefore force will be induced to to oppose the initial motion - therefore once the motion has occured this force will act to slow the disc down until relative to you, the magnet, it stops still!!

Of course, when the disc is 'still' relative to the magnet, then both are moving the same direction with the same speed! Thats why they move together
Old 09-11-2003, 07:57 AM

Wow man, I just have to remember all this next time I want to find a barra.

Samurai
Old 09-11-2003, 08:01 AM
Big Bream

Yeah Samurai...remember, take out all the magnets u have and wave em around! It'l attract any barra within a 2k radius and make ur boat go faster, nothing like fishing with the 'force'

Ah yeah, and I personally do believe fish feel pain, but then I have no troubles catching and releasing them...I'm not really a cruel person, I'd hate to see some guy torturing a seagull. If that makes me sound like a sadist then too bad, I'l fish if I want to Besides, its only a sting!
Old 09-11-2003, 08:05 AM

Thumbs up Well done Torvic,

I hold high hopes for you indeed!

100% - you can have the rest of the week off!

Next we need to talk about gravoty - but enough for one night - the minds usually only capable of accepting 3 new things a day!

Tomorrow will reveal more.

In the meantime, you will need a small rubber sucton cup and a piece of plastic perspex whatever (something you can stick the 'suction' cup too!).

Until then!

Cheers!