Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Blue Lip

Wink

"Ditto"
"It's nice to be important,but it's more important to be NICE!!!
Now,back to 'peaceful fishing' ;-)

Gae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __MATT__ View Post
how it is that you haven't yet been banned when you constantly hang DohDohDohDoh on a sponsor of this site is beyond me tupac.

Last edited by SOL_LADY; 07-02-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
Don't worry about it Steersy, he won't be bothering us again.
insert hand clapping icon here......
Old 07-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steersy View Post
We thought we had done everything by the book and had planned to fish each location at the same stage of the tide as we had fished them on the pre-fish day to ensure that we did not miss the narrow bite window that the bay is renowned for. Anyway, what we think had happened to our fish covered shores was that a wind direction change overnight had pushed the fresh that was still spewing out of the Georges River mouth from recent floods directly onto our chosen fishing shores... bugger! My fishing partner Andrew Cox and I even spoke about the slightly different water color we were seeing on these shores compared to the pre-fish day (slightly more tannin stained/brackish) but still it had not twigged to us that this may be the reason that we were not seeing anything like the fish activity on these shores. Everything looks clearer in hindsight!
Dont really agree with that thoery at all.....if you check the Georges River it is Tanin stained naturally and has been running at almost normal levels for the last 2 weeks or so.....I drive over it twice a day, any flood effects are all but finished....and to that a week after the flood event there were Bream feeding hard in shallow, dirty, brown water that was clearly fresh so I dont think that has much effect on them either.
A lot of the shellfish usually founds up on the flats were effected from the floods reducing the amount of food available to the Bream in those areas....something to think about in the future no doubt....but the Oyster farmers do put there stock out onto the deep water racks and drop them below the fresh water on top so when the baskets are placed back into the shallow water racks there is plenty of food on them for the fish to feed on, a couple of teams obviously were aware of this fact.
Most of Moulting Bay cops the biggest influence from any flood effected water flowing down the river regardless of wind direction and the two top finishing teams that both caught their 10 fish for the weekend spent some time in that area, one team saying they witnessed huge schools of fish in the shallow water at the top of the bay.....but very spooky.....St Helens fish dont cope well after the pressure of a Pre Fish day and by the sounds of the amount of teams that caught good bags on Pre Fish its no wonder they were spooky during the following 2 days.
The tides were however progressively smaller with less flow each day, lower low tide and low high tide never makes for a good bite in Georges Bay, the key was to find areas that had some water and some flow to have the fish in a feeding mood and hopefully not so spooky that you couldn't cover them with lures.
The weeks leading up to the comp the Bream fishing had been fantastic with a good proportion of larger fish coming from the system than what we have seen in previous years.

Just once I would like to see the format changed and see comps fished with no Pre Fish day at all.....all teams on a level playing field on comp morning and no pressure on the fish for the week or two previously.......would be interesting to see the results when the half of the group who don't Pre Fish are on an even footing with those that do....a true angler should be able to walk out read a system and catch fish

cheers
Mini

Last edited by ministarlo; 07-02-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:58 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
...a true angler should be able to walk out read a system and catch fish
A true angler would have been fishing in said comp, don't you think Mini?

Crankas work. Simple - And with their fatter profile, it's no wonder the mainlander dong so many fish on them. I've had some success on the vibes but personally, I can't wait for a slim-lined Cranka to enter the stable. The new colours are very, very sexy and several will be making their way into my box, you would be silly not to.

As for the comp - It was bloody tough.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Blue Lip

Hey Mini, I will take your expertise and suggestions on board and maybe i can do as well as you have done in these tournaments!

Missed you fishing this comp mate but I look forward to catching up with you at the next round. Heres hoping i get you as my non boater as i am sure you can teach me a lot about Georges bay that i am presently unaware of considering you have lived in the area most of your life and should have racked up some secret spots over the years you have fished the place.

Anyway thanks for the words of advice and your take on the situation that we were faced with on the day its all good info for next time.

Cheers
Steersy
Old 07-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ministarlo View Post

Just once I would like to see the format changed and see comps fished with no Pre Fish day at all.....all teams on a level playing field on comp morning

cheers
Mini
It would not be a level playing field for folks that have not fished a system before or rarely tho,

I would like to see no hooks on lures on prefishes right around Australia, a fish hooked on a prefish can mean a fish that will not be caught during a comp,,folks can still feel the bites on lures without hooks and then they can go back the next day to that area and catch them.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shortytheyakker View Post
It would not be a level playing field for folks that have not fished a system before or rarely tho,

I would like to see no hooks on lures on prefishes right around Australia, a fish hooked on a prefish can mean a fish that will not be caught during a comp,,folks can still feel the bites on lures without hooks and then they can go back the next day to that area and catch them.
I'll second that, all in all will make the comp days much better with bigger bags weighed in.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:32 AM
Mature Bream

Hi guys.
Seems its show and tell, I got a bit bored with work, and as the sun was out, thought I would take the camera out for a quick pic.
Used my daughters reptile tank for a place to sit the lure for a pic.

Wicked Prawn
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wicked.jpg (34.0 KB, 640 views)
Old 08-02-2011, 12:47 AM
Mature Bream

What goes round comes around
Attached Images
File Type: jpg crank macros.jpg (102.3 KB, 640 views)
Old 08-02-2011, 01:22 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beevor View Post
A true angler would have been fishing in said comp, don't you think Mini?
Quote:
Missed you fishing this comp mate but I look forward to catching up with you at the next round.
Good point, but fortunately for me my very successful Fishing Tackle Retail business dictates that I have very little time these days to spend fishing Tournaments......however my sponsored teams results do speak for themselves........especially considering they are new to the Tournament scene with barely 2 seasons under their belt.
It surprises me Steersy being so busy selling and designing new lures that you are able to fish the Tournaments still.....or am I missing something

Quote:
Hey Mini, I will take your expertise and suggestions on board and maybe i can do as well as you have done in these tournaments
Always seem to manage a top 5 place in the Qualifiers as a non-boater......have been waiting years to be your non boater too, am sure it would be a hoot.....better brush up on your navigational skills though, would hate to end up stuck on a sand bank somewhere.

cheers
Mini
Old 08-02-2011, 03:16 AM
Blue Lip

round a round a garden like a cranka there
1step 2 step pole'm into here.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Big Bream

A picture says a thousand words.... Im sold!

Nice work Dan

PB, Big SA Coorong Black, 47cm fork, 3" Shrimp
----------
For the record I'm not kiwi, I just like taking the puss out of them....
...Smashing black
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 AM
Big Bream

Can't wait to try these bad boys

Smoke Prawn & Pink Bits
Old 08-02-2011, 03:47 AM
Blue Lip

Best of luck Mini with your tackle store glad to hear it is going well for you mate!

There are some fantastic non boaters out there these days so i guess you have done well in your career as a professional non boater to date on your home waters. Hope you can find the time one day to take a step up the ladder and challenge yours skills as a boater? and also fish in some systems you may never have fished before...I and many other boaters I know in the tournament circuit certainly find it a real challenge to get everything right at times!

Mini, I couldn't think of anything i would like to do more than sit on a sand bank with you all day and pick your brain about St Helens and all things fishing would be an eye opener for me for sure!

Mate, if you ever get some time off work maybe we can work something out where we get to fish together? ...then again I guess it would be difficult for such a busy man to find the time to go fishing... what a bugger! I mean it must be hard to keep your fishing skills honed up with so much work on your plate now days!

If i ever get to your level of success in the fishing industry mate and I am always too busy to go fishing on a regular basis, someone please SHOOT ME!

Cheers
Steersy
Old 08-02-2011, 04:49 AM
Blue Lip

Hey steersy
I took the plunge and got a couple cranks last week before we went to snellens, honestly I was expecting a cheaply made lure that just looked like some of the others but, when I got them my opinion changed, was very impressed with the finish hardware and colours, very original and well thought out, a job well done.

I gave em a run on pre fish and comp days with no luck only lure that worked for us was a stiffy minnow prowler.
I'd also like your thoughts on what colours you would use i'n shallow clear water? And weed beds for tassie and NSW? PM if you like, I wanted to talk to you on the weekend but everytime I tryed to make eye contact or slow down to chat you put your head down n kept walking so i just gave up.

All i'n all a tough weekend Isaac and I just needed one more good fish and we wouldv been right up there oh well.
Is this mini bloke for real?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: