Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Boating Accessories

Boating Accessories Sounders, Fixings, Safety Gear and More

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Big Bream

Hi redrocket
LSS1 has extra ports as well so there is no worries there about hooking up another unit at the front of your boat
LSS2 will work with GEN1 units
but you cant overlay structure scan side image with your mapping
Pflueger
Berkley
Old 08-08-2012, 05:28 AM
Big Bream

Cool, will a gen 1 unit preform better with a lss2 ??, its only $20 diff between the two
Old 16-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Big Bream

Hi red rocket
im not sure how much better the pix will be
i just know that the LSS2 has a greater range
Pflueger
Berkley
Old 08-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Mature Bream

hi Stephen

Got a couple of questions for you if you don't mind,

Just installed my HDS 5x gen2 and took it out on the water yesterday. i have been playing in the menu to get it mostly setup for on the water and noticed a couple of options eg show time, temp, trip time log and speed. i set the time zone etc and put all these options on the main sonar screen however when got out all didn't display (except depth and temp) so i'm wondering do i need to check something else to get them to work or don't they some with this unit?

Also does the temp need calibrating, because it was showing 20.7 deg C and i didn't think the water temp was that high in morten bay, could be wrong.

Whilst familiarizing myself with the unit i was sure i saw scroll speed bar somewhere. just wondering if you can point me in the right direction please. its not the ping bar is it?

i dont have a screen shot cause i dont think i can transfer them off but there where some big arches eg stretched out could that also have something to do with the scroll speed because certainly wasnt expecting anything big to be underneath (maybe i need a photo pic to describe what i mean)

thanks for your help
ryan
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 AM
Mature Bream

Managed to have a play around last night with the overlay data stuff. reselected the voltage display and it came up even after shuting down and restarting however the other displays eg time and time log wont work. do you need a gps for this to work. i also reset the time about 3 times so i dont know whats going on there. the temperature must be about right cause out of the water it was showing about 22deg c which was prolly right for last night in the garage at home.

i have found that i can set the speed by going back into which water mode i have picked eg shallow water and going faster and slower. i think ill pump it up to 2x when out on the water and have turned up the ping speed to about 17 - hope thats not too high.

so pretty much all questions i have managed to sort out except the time display and the log. if you can suggest anything that would be great
cheers
ryan
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Big Bream

question regarding my elite5xdsi: I've noticed that you can display the speed in which you are travelling on the screen...but it just stays at 0 no matter how fast i go? does the sounder need to be hooked up to the motor or something like that?
also, I cant clean that screen for the life of me!
Old 12-09-2012, 08:11 AM
Big Bream

Hi Siddo
the 5X is sounder only therefore im pretty sure that is why you cant have time on your unit i will find out more and get back to you
Red rocket the lss2 unit runs at 450khz and has a narrower beam which gives better detail
Pflueger
Berkley
Old 12-09-2012, 08:24 AM
Big Bream

Chrislocke
as above 5X is sounder only so there is no GPS and therefore cant do speed
You cant connect Elite5XDSI to your motor as it doesnt have NEMEA 2000 and your motor needs NEMEA output as well.
As for cleaning your screen just run some water over the screen, then when it dries use the cloth that comes with the unit to wipe it clean
get back to me if that doesnt work
Pflueger
Berkley
Old 13-09-2012, 08:38 AM
Blue Lip

Hey,

I have a couple of questions about the lowrance units.

A) Is it true that in the HDS 7 and bigger units, that you need to buy a seperate transducer? If so, why is this?

B) Regarding structure scan, is there a maximum depth that I can use this in? and any idea as to what transducer I would need to say use it water that is 150m deep?

I have a mate with a HDS 5, and he can't get his sounder display to display one single image on his screen, its always showing a split screen when on the Sonar page (Either GPS, duel beam screen or motor gauges). Is there anyway to get around this?

Cheers,
Dion.

www.crankalures.com
Old 13-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Big Bream

Hi fosterfisho
to answer your questions
A You can buy any of the units from HDS 5 to HDS 10 with head unit only or with 83/200 or 50/200 transducer so take your pick your choice. so no they dont come without a transducer unless you order head unit only
B Structure scan.... the new LSS2 HD will give you about 180m coverage each side and down........if you want to use it in water of 150m or deeper i would suggest the 50/200 transducer with the LSS2 structure scan
as for your mate i think he needs to go back through the pages button and choose the sonar screen on its own and see if that works if not get someone that has a unit (must be someone he knows that has one) and test it out with him............and if that fails ring the Techs at Navico/Lowrance and have a chat im sure they can help
Have you had a look at it Dion???
hope this helps......
Pflueger
Berkley
Old 13-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks for your reply, I haven't had a look at the unit myself I got a phone call looking for help, but I will check it out.

Thanks again

www.crankalures.com
Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 AM
Big Bream

Guys here is the new update for the HDS Gen2 and Gen2 touch
go here
http://www.lowrance.com/en-NZ/Softwa...ates/HDS-Gen2/
and touch here
http://www.lowrance.com/en-NZ/Softwa...DS-Gen2-Touch/
Pflueger
Berkley

Last edited by Stephen Wilson; 10-06-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old 15-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Fingerling

Elite - 7HDI

Hi

I have a question about which Navionics charts (SD cards) I can use in the elite 7HDI combo, currently I have the gold XL9 (I think) SD card that came with it but in some water ways down south it gives very little details like no markers or depth contours and just a very basic map, but on say the hacking it shows most markers and depth contours.

So my questions is would I get any more information by upgrading to one of the other charts like a platinum chart cards or one of the gold charts that only cover the east coast or smaller areas.

Any info will be appreciated

Halo
Old 15-06-2013, 07:30 AM
Big Bream

Hi Halo
you need to see what is written on the card as in 8G164S or 8G163S or
32XG If its covering that area
then you need to contact Navionics and ask them about there coverage of those waterways if that doesnt help get back to us
Pflueger
Berkley
Old 15-06-2013, 07:31 AM
Big Bream

Hi Halo
you need to see what is written on the card as in 8G164S or 8G163S or
32XG If its covering that area
then you need to contact Navionics and ask them about there coverage of those waterways if that doesnt help get back to us
Pflueger
Berkley

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: