Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Closed Thread

Old 21-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftcorp86 View Post
agreed its a shimano just leave it at that guys no biggy
Well down mate, your first post to this 5 page thread has had absolutely no input at all.....it really just shows your inner fanboy colours...
Maybe go trawl the Daiwa website for the 14th time today, or go take some more selfies of your super awesome Daiwa bream reels in your bedroom.

Fanboys that just jump on the bandwagon are pretty annoying, especially in the threads that a lot of people have interest in
Old 21-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Blue Lip

Theres 2 options, you either agree with the extremely thorough review that has been conducted by arguably one of the best product reviewers, or you disagree, buy one yourself and conduct YOUR OWN THOROUGH review which disproves it.

Threads like these which go from being a source of wisdom from the brains trust as a whole, that turn into petty bickering matches between adults is exactly why I got over this site. FFS grow up...

www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 21-07-2013, 07:53 AM
Blue Lip

Also I might add just so I dont get called out for not contributing to this thread , I will be moving to Townsville in the coming weeks and I was very interested in investing in a new Stella but after reading the entire article submitted by Alan, I am now thinking twice about it. Also going off of a few other reviews I have read that have all come to a similar conclusion it seems to be cementing that decision. A grand better in my pocket I guess.

www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 21-07-2013, 07:55 AM
Blue Lip

(RIPS OUT HAIR)

Its very simple.
Everybody has 2 opotions.

You can read the most comprehensive INDIPENDANT FREE review on the internet. Done by an engineer who has fished with almost every big reel on the market. And also has seen the internals of every reel and has an understanding what works best.

OR

You can walk into a tackle store pick up a reel and buy it.
You might read a reveiw done by a Mag who has been GIVEN a reel to review and who advertise heavily in said mag.
You can also read comments on forum where people who have forked out for a reel and wont really want to say anything bad about a reel that just cost them a weeks wage.

In the end whether you buy a 09 Stella a 13 Stella a Old Saltiga or a new Saltiga.
Im still going to be super jealous as i fish next to you with my 4500 Capricorn J

I for one salute site like Allan Hawks and Tackle Tour who both PAY for the reels they review

Why you'd want to provide a free service to have yourself abused is well beyond me

Australian Designed and Owned
Old 21-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle101 View Post
Theres 2 options, you either agree with the extremely thorough review that has been conducted by arguably one of the best product reviewers, or you disagree, buy one yourself and conduct YOUR OWN THOROUGH review which disproves it.

Threads like these which go from being a source of wisdom from the brains trust as a whole, that turn into petty bickering matches between adults is exactly why I got over this site. FFS grow up...
Hahahaha
This is what happens when you write,delete and then rewrite you comment.

Australian Designed and Owned
Old 21-07-2013, 08:05 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchtwitch... View Post
Well down mate, your first post to this 5 page thread has had absolutely no input at all.....it really just shows your inner fanboy colours...
Maybe go trawl the Daiwa website for the 14th time today, or go take some more selfies of your super awesome Daiwa bream reels in your bedroom.

Fanboys that just jump on the bandwagon are pretty annoying, especially in the threads that a lot of people have interest in
Someone had to say it
Old 21-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Mature Bream

Im new too this site and have never read allans reviews before but I service reels for various people and there was so much useful info in there. Ive now read a whole heap more of his reviews. Thanks for putting me on to this. Cheers
Old 21-07-2013, 08:55 AM
Mature Bream

Fishing is serious business.i love my fishing but I prefer pussy over a fishing reel
Old 21-07-2013, 09:09 AM
Mature Bream

The only fishing reel that have really let me down is the Zeebaas. Funny enough that guy had high praise for it.
Old 22-07-2013, 01:27 AM
SLAZMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by manno View Post
What on earth "seems a bit foul play" to you? I hope to god that your not seriously suggesting that Allan Hawks review and there for reputation must be a fraud because...hold on everyone... IVE DONE SOME GOOGLING!!!??
+1
Old 22-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Blue Lip

If you are going to spend that sort of money on a reel then you should be skeptical in the light of a review like this. To be otherwise is being a blind fanboy, not the other way around.

I am sure that the Stella would handle anything that I could throw at it, as could the Saltiga as could the Catalina. The difference is you don't just buy stuff for their minimum performance you also buy for their maximum. the Stella seems to have taken a step back in QC and a step up in $. I personally am looking at the catalina and getting a little moist.
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."
Old 22-07-2013, 03:28 AM
SLAZMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamingwithjoy View Post
The Stella seems to have taken a step back in QC and a step up in $.
That has happened with every manufacturer in history with cars, bikes, knives, torches and the list goes on...

Shimano make good products - this seems to be a step down for them, but you watch the next series will be better. If the last series was exceptional in most ways what could they improve - evolution and devolution work hand in hand...
Old 22-07-2013, 03:32 AM
Blue Lip

Wow
This thread is going off!!!!!

I agree and disagree with a lot of why has been said, but..........

In the end, its up to the buyer to buy the reel and the seller to sell it.

I like to research and read and learn and assess bits and pieces

I like to think I'm a switched on buyer. If people wanna express their views and reviews in public to aid me in my decisions, then I will contemplate their literature.

If the this literature is from a reputable source with sound physics and reason, then yes, it will effect my thought process.

I may buy a '13 stella, fish it then sell it or keep it, or I'll buy a dogfight and give that a run, who knows, I'll see what happens.

Be confident in your logic and the thought prcoesses. Ad don't bother listening to people who've barely held a stella/saltiga in a shop and not fished em hard, that's my advice.

Take it or leave it, but good luck with your hard earned

Sincerely, still undecided nagz lol
Old 22-07-2013, 04:05 AM
SLAZMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukereneeseth View Post
I assume they cant go ceramic sealed bearings and titanium components because no one would pay $2000 for a reel.
Vann Stall, Zeebas and other reel manufacturers. You only have to look at these smaller manufacturers to see that they're keeping things interesting.

http://www.zeebaas.com/who_we_are.html

Hybrid ceramic bearings are becoming cheep enough to install into their premium range (mere mortals go through Boca) - I am suspecting that their ARB bearings are just good enough as they like to maintain the parts flow. Their ARB bearings arent that good in the real world - they still rust as it seems that they're 304 stainless good enough not to rust straight away but will for those that dont maintain them!!! Introducing hybrid ceramic bearings would make a reel last longer than wanted by Shimano - this would keep things truer and would incline less wear and wouldnt be prone to rusting and noise that you get with rust pitting a race.

Introducing parts made from Ti would introduce a hyperinflated price tag - McGizmo torches are going for a price more off to bling factor than the Ti they're made from. Ti torches are cheap these days eg: Jetbeam / Sunwayman / McGizmo / Klarus etc etc etc - so cant understand why introducing these exotic materials would introduce such a inflated premium other than to gouge the consumer.

I can assume that Shimano will start introducing these components "eventually" - why throw everything into their reels now? They would have a business plan for the future to keep people hanging on - they will eventually do some interesting things that will keep our consumer dollars with them.
Old 22-07-2013, 04:13 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix88 View Post
Fishing is serious business.i love my fishing but I prefer pussy over a fishing reel
I can't argue with that.
Closed Thread