Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 25-11-2010, 01:20 AM
Hyper Tackle

Thanks for the info there guys very nice indeed

Mark
Old 25-11-2010, 01:32 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dror View Post
Yep Paul has beat me to it. The Laniers are my favourites, one day I will own one, oh yes I will own one.
This is the picture I have as my screen saver. The boat is doing 118mph in this shot and yes that is mph not km/h.
Pretty sure Blair has one of the stroker bass boats at 118mph, with the hydro yammy. Insanely quick in anyones books for a bass boat.

Cheers

LEe
Old 25-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track 'em down View Post
they are very nice but really why would anyone need to get up to speeds of 100+mph?

do these people have a death wish?
i think your missing the point.. its not because they need to.. its because they can

http://waves-anglers.com/
Old 25-11-2010, 02:18 AM
Blue Lip

Yeah nice rig, mmm yeah fast.

But my sentiments are on par with track em down, Can't launch in shallow water, forget fishing the shallow flats, or accessing those little hidey hole lagoons that are hidden behind the mangroves.

But still a nice rig!!!

How do you boys think it would be in regards to noisy hull slap????
Old 25-11-2010, 03:25 AM
Blue Lip

The Lanier boats float in 9" of water which is 5" less than a 170 Skeeter and is on par with little 4.5m ali boats. They can apparently get onto the plane in 12" because they don't bury their bums like a mono. I don't know of any boats bigger than about 4m that could do that.

Cheers, Dror

Proudly associated with:

Millerods
www.millerods.com
Searing Tackle
www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 25-11-2010, 03:50 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
The Lanier boats float in 9" of water which is 5" less than a 170 Skeeter and is on par with little 4.5m ali boats. They can apparently get onto the plane in 12" because they don't bury their bums like a mono. I don't know of any boats bigger than about 4m that could do that.

Cheers, Dror
I reckon my Tracker floats in less than that and is 5.2m long plus I can launch it in a foot of water, but it doesn't get anywhere near 118mph, I'm happy with 60kmh and small fraction of the price
PB Golden Perch: 52cm
Old 25-11-2010, 04:29 AM
Blue Lip

Yep ok I probably should have been more specific in my explanation. Yes your Tracker proably does float in shallower water but my point was more that for a 20 foot plus boat that has such high end performance it doesn't suffer the larger draft that a high performance conventional V hull does.

Leelee, there are other faster boats out there like the Strokers and Allisons (come on Mr Welfare I know you want to make a comment). I wasn't claiming that the Lanier was the fastest bass boat.The thing that impresses me about the Lanier is that it has such a great combination of performance, rough water handling, stability and shallow draft and an insane amount of storage under the decks.
An Allison XB-2002 still holds the speed record for a Bass boat as far as I know.

Cheers, Dror

Proudly associated with:

Millerods
www.millerods.com
Searing Tackle
www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 25-11-2010, 04:33 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy View Post
bloody hell how many 250 you want on that thing
Enough to move a hull load of cocaine FAST!!!!

D'B
PB Vibe Mulloway 103cm West Lakes

http://www.tackletactics.com.au
Old 25-11-2010, 04:38 AM
Blue Lip

Yeah customs had a hell of a job tracking that boat as it did drug runs across the English Channel,,nothing could keep up with it,,
Old 25-11-2010, 04:59 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Yep ok I probably should have been more specific in my explanation. Yes your Tracker proably does float in shallower water but my point was more that for a 20 foot plus boat that has such high end performance it doesn't suffer the larger draft that a high performance conventional V hull does.

Leelee, there are other faster boats out there like the Strokers and Allisons (come on Mr Welfare I know you want to make a comment). I wasn't claiming that the Lanier was the fastest bass boat.The thing that impresses me about the Lanier is that it has such a great combination of performance, rough water handling, stability and shallow draft and an insane amount of storage under the decks.
An Allison XB-2002 still holds the speed record for a Bass boat as far as I know.

Cheers, Dror
The lanier are a nice looking rig and yes the strokers, hence my orignal post about them. I left the allisons off that trying to get a bite from Dave, but it has not happend yet

Not to sure about the speeds of the strokers now, but last times I checked I was pretty sure Blair had cracked a 118mph+ in full comp trim with the hydro yammy, and these were 300hp modded hydro yammy's not the 350 v8 either.

Cheers

Lee
Old 25-11-2010, 05:00 AM
Hyper Tackle

How much to pick one of these up in the USA used?

Very impressive looking boats and 118mph what a blast that would be, I really want one now

Mark
Old 25-11-2010, 05:05 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Tackle View Post
How much to pick one of these up in the USA used?

Very impressive looking boats and 118mph what a blast that would be, I really want one now

Mark
The other thing often overlooked is that 90% of the time when we run these boats at sea level here we tend to get a few extra mph then the same setup in the states. I know of a few boats up here proving that theory correct, mainly because of the different alltitude I suspect

Cheers

Lee
Old 25-11-2010, 05:14 AM
Blue Lip

Lee are you saying that someone in Brisbane has a Stroker running 118mph? Those Hydro Yamaha's are pretty insane. I don't think they have set a Lanier up with one yet. All the faster boats have had 300x's fitted to them but with some tweaks from Brucato or Simon Motorsports.

Cheers, Dror

Proudly associated with:

Millerods
www.millerods.com
Searing Tackle
www.searingtackle.com.au
Old 25-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Lee are you saying that someone in Brisbane has a Stroker running 118mph? Those Hydro Yamaha's are pretty insane. I don't think they have set a Lanier up with one yet. All the faster boats have had 300x's fitted to them but with some tweaks from Brucato or Simon Motorsports.

Cheers, Dror
nah mate not over here, in the states it ran that. Don't know of any strokers here in oz, but they are super quick straight from the factory with the 300's stock. They even pull impressive numbers with 250's as majority of the big bass comps over hte states now have max hp for 250, wouldn't be suprised if we don't see that here soon, as it helps restrict these high hp missles from appearing.

The hydro yammy pushes around 420hp+ from the orignal 300v6, so imagine what they will get from the 350v8 crazy

Cheers

Lee
Old 25-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Blue Lip

Ah ok. Yeah both the Strokers and the Allisons run mighty impressive numbers with relatively modest horsepower.
Not sure how the weight of the 350 V8 would go on the back of a bass boat but I would love to see someone give it a go.
I think you are right, we will eventually see a HP limit here in Australia to keep the speed down to sane levels.

Cheers, Dror

Proudly associated with:

Millerods
www.millerods.com
Searing Tackle
www.searingtackle.com.au

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: