Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Jigs

Jigs Want to find out which jigs perform best, drop in here…
Gamakatsu, Slider, Ecogear, Nitro, Assassin...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Poddy Bream

Have you had a look at the GRC-7-A mold? Specialized for the Gama hook? It states a size 1 604 for the 1/32 cavity, but from experience you can usually go either way a size or two.

If you get really stuck I have a stock standard round head mold you can send me a 604 down and I'll see if it fits.

Ultimately if you only want a 1/32 and you have a bottom pour pot a
PRO-102 SERIES - PRO-102 RHB 1/32 would be the go if the hook fitted, so you could pour 6 in the size at once.

Otherwise how steady is your hand, could be dremel time? But you have to be aware a dremel can ruin your mold if done wrong, I mod mine a lot, but in a different way.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:12 AM
Poddy Bream

The other thing to consider if using a mold made for the eagle claw or mustads, is that your Gama isn't too thick, and restricts the lead flow into the keeper, I modify molds for my spinnerbaits (I use Gamas) and notice this being an issue (which I then modify the mold to eliminate) but something to be aware of.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:07 AM
Big Bream

I use a production pot that pours downwards into the mold and it is the best thing you can ever use!

I use size 1 hook in my 1/32 jig head mold (model number RHB-7-A), it is designed for a size 6 eagle claw 570. A size 2 is smaller and would easily fit.

You get a far amount of play in the hook sizes. I can also fit upto 8/0 in the 3/0 hook cavities.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:15 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks Edgecrusher and Chanlo, I will check out the pro range again, it's good to know there is a bit of play with the hook sizes in the molds.
I have looked at the gamma mold gcr-7-a but it's only got one 1/32 cavity and the rest are heavier than I require.

Which production bottom pouring pot do you recommend Chanlo?

Cheers
wes
Old 11-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Big Bream

My pot is http://do-itmolds.com/shop/index.php...ath=4_188_2056
Just make sure you dont go to low on the lead, when I first got it i stuffed the exit drip point by not keeping the pot full of lead and junk got stuck in the exit hole. I had to drill it out eventually and it now pours faster then it should.

Another tip is to 'heat' your molds ready to pour by sitting them on the top. this gives your jigheads a smoother better finish.

I have this mold at the top - http://do-itmolds.com/shop/index.php...y&path=1_7_206 but down the bottom there is a 1/32 only mold.

Pro Series mold http://do-itmolds.com/shop/index.php...y&path=1_7_210 is another option

I would be purchasing these from Lure parts online if possible because the postage from Do It Molds is atronomical because (I'm assuming this but) Frogleys is the Australian Distributer. Another option is http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/do-it-molds/ but i've only bought from them once.
Old 11-12-2013, 04:13 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks for all the info Chanlo it's very much appreciated

Did you have to re-wire the pot? I noticed their not 240 volt.

cheers
wes

Last edited by Piranha; 11-12-2013 at 04:16 PM.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:49 PM
Poddy Bream

Make sure you buy a export version, 220v from memory, the 110 is not suitable.
I have the model up from his pot, the 20lb version and love it.

Of course you pay more for the 220v pot. If you want to source locally Shooters.com.au I think are the Aussie agent for the pots, otherwise I find ebay usa (yes 220 pots do come up) can sometimes save you some money.

Make sure your lead is clean too, to avoid clogs.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:30 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks for the help Edgecrusher I might look locally for pots first as the shipping weight is getting up there with a few extras i ordered, I have a neighbour whos aus champ trap shooter so i might ask him for a local source first before importing.

Ended up ordering mold RHB-8-1632 which has all 8 cavities in 1/32
and also ordered pony head mold with blades J-H-8-1632 4 cav at 1/32 4 at 1/16. Plus all the hardware.

cheers
Wes