Go Back   Bream Master Forums > FishPhart > Product Reviews and News

Product Reviews and News Check Out the Info on the Latest on Offer

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 08:46 PM
Mature Bream

Come on YD ask your questions................
Old 03-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Banned

He can ask but there will not be a response
Old 03-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Blue Lip

They only way a reveiw can be fair and unbiased is if the person writting the actually BOUGHT the product.

Also it helps if you have something to compare it against.
I laugh when I see people recomending one reel over another when they havnt even used the other reel.

Alot of the reveiws you read in mags are often products that have been given free to be reviewed.

I have been testing a 3000 Calida up against a 5000 Sustain over the last few months.
Plan one sending it to one of the fishing mags.
Will be intersting to see if they try and edit the article. Especially when one of the reels dont perform as well as they should have and both manufactures both spend alot on advertising
Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madeye View Post
They only way a reveiw can be fair and unbiased is if the person writting the actually BOUGHT the product.

Also it helps if you have something to compare it against.
I laugh when I see people recomending one reel over another when they havnt even used the other reel.

Alot of the reveiws you read in mags are often products that have been given free to be reviewed.

I have been testing a 3000 Calida up against a 5000 Sustain over the last few months.
Plan one sending it to one of the fishing mags.
Will be intersting to see if they try and edit the article. Especially when one of the reels dont perform as well as they should have and both manufactures both spend alot on advertising
Speaking from personal experience you might have a hard time getting it published but not for the reasons you may think. In my experience reviews are generally done in house so that they have a consistency across the board. Outsider reviews were generally passed over for this reason alone. Yes there are commercial interests that would be protected but if you have a look at other types of magazines you very rarely see a review between two products written by a reader, for example in wheels magazine the new holden and the new ford would be written up by a staff writer not a reader even though the read may be very capable to review the two.

Then again they may reject it because they don't like what you have to say about one of their advertisers products
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."
Old 03-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breamingwithjoy View Post
Speaking from personal experience you might have a hard time getting it published but not for the reasons you may think. In my experience reviews are generally done in house so that they have a consistency across the board. Outsider reviews were generally passed over for this reason alone. Yes there are commercial interests that would be protected but if you have a look at other types of magazines you very rarely see a review between two products written by a reader, for example in wheels magazine the new holden and the new ford would be written up by a staff writer not a reader even though the read may be very capable to review the two.

Then again they may reject it because they don't like what you have to say about one of their advertisers products
Hey mate.
Fair call.

Though i think there is a major demand for these sort of articles.
Which rod/reel should i buy ? would probably be the most asked question on any fishing forum.

www.tackletour.com has a massive reader base due to it being indipendant and not holding back on what they trully belive.
I have tried to base my article using the same sort of format they use.

Here is my first attempt at writting a review of a 2010 Certate 3000 http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42394

If reviews in SOME fishing mags could be trusted as much as articles in Wheels etc there would be no issue.
They have built a reptuation. And they also compare like for like.
Also they dont drive the car home at the end of day .

I have seen a couple of Australain tackle reveiw sites pop up that sparked my interest. At the start the reveiws seem honest and well tested. However it seems now they are more advertisments for upcoming or new products rather than tried and tested reviews
Old 04-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Hey mate.
Fair call.

Which rod/reel should i buy ? would probably be the most asked question on any fishing forum.

www.tackletour.com has a massive reader base due to it being indipendant and not holding back on what they trully belive.

Here is my first attempt at writting a review of a 2010 Certate 3000 http://www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42394

If reviews in SOME fishing mags could be trusted as much as articles in Wheels etc there would be no issue.

I have seen a couple of Australain tackle reveiw sites pop up that sparked my interest. At the start the reveiws seem honest and well tested. However it seems now they are more advertisments for upcoming or new products rather than tried and tested reviews
I tend to agree with you more than you might think. A tackle tour style site/magazine feature would be great but getting the gear in would be the hard part. You can only buy so much stuff and in the end to get a comprehensive library of products you probably will need to form a relationship with the distributors.

And there in lies the rub Will they send you a reel after you slammed their last one for being overpriced and low quality (if that is the case)?

I know some companies won't send you product at all regardless of wether you are sending it back or not.

Just some feedback from a guy who has written a few reviews
If they're on, I'll be late, if it's quiet, I'll be late."
Old 04-06-2012, 02:17 AM
Mature Bream

I placed 5 reviews a while back, and dman, what a mess !

The feedback was ok, but every1 had there own view, i mean, look at the Modulus Rating debacle, what a cluster !

If a section on Reviews is passed, i reckon have it as a 'Review Section', no posts...

Unsponsored persons only.
Old 30-08-2012, 06:32 PM
Mature Bream

Ive done a review on Squidgy Wriggler in Bloodworm colour 80 mm & they are the best rubber ever made..but thats not news I guess.
Old 30-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by max View Post
Ive done a review on Squidgy Wriggler in Bloodworm colour 80 mm & they are the best rubber ever made..but thats not news I guess.
Dead wrong!! Wasabi 100mm
Old 24-09-2012, 02:30 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Hey mate.
Fair call.

an Australian 'tackletour' style review board would be good but only if its modelled along the same lines. im sick of reading finnese reel reviews that have were tested with 50yds of 65lb braid on them...
Old 24-09-2012, 03:41 AM
Fishing Tragic

If people have reviews they would like to submit, send them to me bear@roaminangler.com.au and well go through them and post if it's the sort of content we're looking for. We don't really want a free for all.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: