Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 14-09-2012, 01:13 AM
Mature Bream

Bream in gippy lakes

G'day all. Quick introduction. My names Michael. I'm a 24 year old electrician from south east Melbourne. I mainly fish westernport bay for gummies. Snapper and whiting.

I'm heading up to paynesville (gippsland lakes) tonight to chop up some wood for the dear old nan. However I will have time for a quick fish on Sunday before I come home.

Now I only fish for bream once every 18 months or so when I go up to my nans house, I've never tried hard however this trip I want to make a change henceDohmy new membership here. I'm planning on having one rod fishing with bait whilst I flick around an ecogear vibe on another rod.

Should I be trying to get hold of some sandworm or some frozen prawn? I'm planning on running a small pea sinker to the top of a size 4 hook.

Also what's a good bream hardbody that isn't going to break the bank, wouldn't mind having a couple of spares if/when I lose the vibe

I'm currently planning on fishing the Mitchell river somewhere near the silt jetties. I have fished here in the past. Dohdespite attempting a to catch a fish each year that I go up I've never been successful. I really want to change that this year with a bit of forethought. I'm open to suggestion about the location to try.

Sorry to ask so many questions but I really appreciate any and all help.
Old 14-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Banned

Welcome to the site!
Old 14-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Blue Lip

Gday Michael

If you do what you are planning on doing and persist, i dare say youll land a few...The guys on here are mainly lure anglers/ catch and release .. But saying that 99.9 percent went from dangling a sandworm or prawn...to spending their life saving on small pea sized lures... Crazy yeah, but thats the sport

The ecogear blades and a few others work a treat... Just search up "Hurricane ", on the forum... These anglers are locals down that way who dont mind catching a few...

As a sparky... Just remember red to red, black to black.... And charge the bloody earth....

Good luck Nicko
Old 14-09-2012, 02:43 AM
Banned

Hey mate welcome to the forum first of all shoot me a pm mate and i will see how i can help you out. No secret spots or anything but may be able to put onto a few so long as you stick to your bag limits and release anything you don't need lol, most of us on here are pretty keen on Catch and Release for Bream Can put you onto some flattie if your after a feed

Great site mate you will learn a lot on here if you decide to fish lures more regularly.
Old 14-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Mature Bream

Cheers for the help fellas. I'm not chasing a bag full of bream. However it's been about 8 years since I've tried it so I'd like to take one for the table. However I do love my flatties. I'd forgotten about them up this way. I've got a veritable smorgasbord of plastics and jigheads in the tackle box. So I reckon targetting flatties would be the better option. I'll shoot off a pm too mate. Cheers.

Thanks for the sparky tips. I'll take it on board. Haha

Last edited by ducky; 14-09-2012 at 05:34 AM.
Old 14-09-2012, 05:35 AM
Banned

Already pm'd you mate
Old 14-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Mature Bream

Had a look at those hurricane lures. I'll have to get onto him tomorrow when I go into bairnesdale. Those Fattys look good.
Old 14-09-2012, 07:58 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcrusher View Post
As a sparky... Just remember red to red, black to black.... And charge the bloody earth....

Good luck Nicko
Welcome Michael and good luck in Gippy.

Nicko that is one of the best lines I have ever heard Gold!!!
Dale.
Old 14-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Mature Bream

Lol. Electricity is pretty simple 95% of the time. Any dunce can do it. It's only when there's faults you need to use your brains. But yes most of the time it is red with red. Black with black and don't charge up the earth. Lol