Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 25-02-2015, 05:54 PM
Big Bream

I have a some up for sale in the classifieds section.

Cheers Alex
Old 25-02-2015, 06:04 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribskull View Post
Just lost my nories laydown minnow without getting a bite. Hardbodies are getting me fed up. You can explain how to use them, but until I see it, I wont understand.

The lure works, I know it does, but I never caught bream on hardbodies, I don't have a clue how to use them, slow rolling seems waaaaaay to fast, I'm like 2x longer-3x longer when I retrieve a soft plastic.
If you can cast your lures into a pool or maybe somewhere with really still clear water then you will be able to watch their actions and dive depths etc. I spend a fair bit of time casting lures into my pool so that I see what the fish will see (pretty much). You will be amazed at just how different some lures look in water even though they look so similar in a tackle box. It also allows you to get an idea as to what is too fast, too slow, too high, too low, sinking speed etc. I can't recommend that highly enough.

I've never fished where you are fishing but learning how and where a lure swims is a universal truth.
Old 26-02-2015, 04:38 AM
Mature Bream

thanks for that, ill have to go to my father inlores sisters house i think
Old 01-03-2015, 03:27 AM
Big Bream

Personally I use HB and am much better at using them because of this because you get snagged so much less and they are so much easier to bump off.

Because if this I'm not a great catcher of bream when I chuck on a soft plastic because;

1. Don't have much confidence
2. When it inevitably gets snagged 4th cast I crack the shits and tie on a bibbed lure or a blade.

Oh, and I wouldn't personally throw anymore worth more than $15-20 in the nong. Just too frustrating when you lose them. Not sure a Nories laydown is the most effective lure in there anyway.

Well done on those two fish and hope your good luck continues.

Probably get another 6 weeks of edge fishing in the nong. Maybe 8 then we'll all be back to the Docks lol
Old 01-03-2015, 04:58 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambo_Junkie View Post
Personally I use HB and am much better at using them because of this because you get snagged so much less and they are so much easier to bump off.

Because if this I'm not a great catcher of bream when I chuck on a soft plastic because;

1. Don't have much confidence
2. When it inevitably gets snagged 4th cast I crack the shits and tie on a bibbed lure or a blade.

Oh, and I wouldn't personally throw anymore worth more than $15-20 in the nong. Just too frustrating when you lose them. Not sure a Nories laydown is the most effective lure in there anyway.

Well done on those two fish and hope your good luck continues.

Probably get another 6 weeks of edge fishing in the nong. Maybe 8 then we'll all be back to the Docks lol
I don't know how to use hard bodies, I don't have friends that fish in Victoria, I need to be shown, like twitches and tweaking and stuff, that won't make sense until someone tells shows me what it is, also, I don't know what a good speed to retrieve hard bodies, because to get any action its like 3-4x Faster than I fish Soft Plastics which confuses me, because you can't just slow down a hard bodies unless its a sinking HB with no bib.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:28 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribskull View Post
I don't know how to use hard bodies, I don't have friends that fish in Victoria, I need to be shown, like twitches and tweaking and stuff, that won't make sense until someone tells shows me what it is, also, I don't know what a good speed to retrieve hard bodies, because to get any action its like 3-4x Faster than I fish Soft Plastics which confuses me, because you can't just slow down a hard bodies unless its a sinking HB with no bib.
Cast into the pool,and experiment. It all makes sense when you can see it in action
Old 09-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Mature Bream

Caught up with an old mate, he loves fishing, but hes a baito. I went out with him we slapped on some chicken, but the fish werent quite ready to feed on it so i went for a walk to use my lures. I was bouncing a dragon grub along the rock wall and i could feel my plastic catch weed every cast. I put on my thinking cap and started brainstorming, "do i put on a jackall chubby and swim it over the top? No im not confident. How do i fish the bottom but get weed all over, surely this whole river isnt covered ib weed, maybe if i cast a little deeper it will land next to it on the edge of the weed bed, yes ill do that"

1St cast after this i snagged a bream next cast i was hammered by a horse of a fish but dropped it, then landed 2 lil pinkies in a row. I learnt that you cant just do what you know, you gotta adapt, in my case the weed bed was right against the rock wall so i put my lure where i thought the edge might be and hopped it back.

First bream on this style and also not a bad area to fish, felt quite comfortable there.
Old 24-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Mature Bream

PB 40Cm Bream in South Australia, went like a freight train and was nearly unstoppable. Going out again this morning to attempt another one as im told they get much bigger.
Old 24-03-2015, 09:55 PM
Fingerling

Holy Moley!!!
The look says it all mate, Nice fish! Glad the persistence clearly paid off!!
Old 24-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Mature Bream

It was the first real workout for The Oathkeeper, i never had a 40cm bream go so hard, i thought i hooked into a Marlin but I guess this is what 6lb fishing is like.
Old 25-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Big Bream

Good on you mate!

Good fish.
Old 27-03-2015, 01:34 AM
Mature Bream

HindmArsh river. Pulled this guys out of a foot of water tempting him out from under an over hanging tree, got it on my gopro too.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Mature Bream

Been hunting these all week, and finally got my first Mulloway. 2 in a row(consecutive casts) in fact, measuring 60 and 75cm.

Last edited by Ribskull; 05-04-2015 at 03:08 PM.