Go Back   Bream Master Forums > BreamMaster Competition Corner > BreamMaster Monthly Competition

BreamMaster Monthly Competition See What Competition the Guys Have in Store This Month

Old 02-04-2018, 10:35 PM
The Angry Administrator

April COMPETITION TIME

Hi Guys,

OK bream nuts, here are the details for the April competition.

For our third comp for the year, we are chasing your best ever bream fishing trip, new or old, or even just your most memorable day out chasing bream… with no more than 5 images.

It can be a short or long report that is up to you. Be creative, and failed trips with no captures are also welcome, sometime they are still a cracking trip!

Post your efforts below, entries close April 30th and the winner will be announced in the following days.

The prize is handy little Bream pack consisting of: two packs of plastics, three lures, jigheads and some leader, and I'm sure we threw something else in as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Prize_pack_sample.jpg (378.2 KB, 0 views)

"Kill, Grill, Chill and Swill"
Old 03-04-2018, 01:38 AM
Big Bream

Marlo 28/12/15
After a little more preparation than usual Niroj and I decided to go on a trip to east Gippsland, destination unknown. We set off on Sunday night and after a lengthy discussion on the way the decision was made to fish Marlo, we arrived extremely late set up camp and set our alarms early to fish first light. When we woke up in the morning we made our way down to the beach to find it was low tide and the flats we had intended to work with surface lures were in fact dry.
A quick change of plan and a decent walk later we arrived at Frenches Narrows a section of inlet where deep water was easily accessible at all tides and the decision to move clearly paid off with Niroj’s bent minnow attracting a lot of attention early before finally something hooked up and we beached the first fish for the trip, a small bream of about 25cm.
We continued flicking bent minnows into the deep water and it didn’t take long before Niroj’s lure was crunched yet again. After a much better fight Niroj had his second bream for the trip this time at 36cm.

As we continued to work our way around the system Niroj had a few more swirls at his bent minnow but mine was being left untouched. Finally something hit my lure but when I lifted there wasn’t much weight and a short fight, if you can call it a fight, later a small tailor popped up.
We moved away from the tailor which were now making us nervous striking at anything that moved near them threatening to cut the line with each missed swoop but alas we managed to stay connected to our lures and find a section that they weren’t in or at least that’s what we thought but again they managed to find our lures and after possibly the lamest double hook up in history we had a pigeon pair of baby tailor to hand.

We continued to move around the system eventually swapping to diving lures as the sun slowly crept overhead, and it didn’t take long before the change proved worthwhile for niroj who banked his third bream for the trip, a solid 33cm bream that looked enormous compared to the tailor we had been handling.

At this point the beach started to fill with people and the bite completely shut down for everything except for small mullet and even smaller mullet. We didn’t let this deter us and continued to move about the system, by the afternoon it had become clear that the additional activity on the water had well and truly shut the fish down. Extremely hungry and thirsty we retired to the pub for an early dinner and set about planning our evening’s fishing. After dinner we made our way back to the narrows and tied he bent minnows back on, not much was happening but as the sun approached the horizon Niroj hooked yet another bream on the surface this time with a spectacular take as the bream smashed the bent minnow as it sat motionless on the surface.

We continued fishing excited by the prospect of a hot surface bite into the night but a few casts later disaster struck and a guide wrap saw Niroj’s bent minnow go flying out without any line attached, and Niroj eventually went in after it to rescue the lure of the trip. I managed to grab a half decent snap amongst the laughter

When Niroj got back to the bank it became clear that all wasn’t well and the cool air that was now around us left him extremely cold. Niroj went back to the car to warm up and left me with the pearl bent minnow to fish into the sunset I had a few swirls and one big take but nothing was finding the hooks. Finally I decided to call it quits and see how Niroj was fairing back in the car.
Day 2 saw us fishing the Narrows again at first light but this time there was a complete absence of any surface activity or any activity for that matter. We continued fishing until the system yet again was littered with people, this time we packed the car and started the trip home stopping at a few spots for a fish along the way but we couldn’t escape the crowds and as a result didn’t find any feeding fish.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers Alex

Last edited by mazman; 03-04-2018 at 01:42 AM.
Old 02-05-2018, 08:27 PM
The Angry Administrator

GDay Mazzman,

Tough choice this month, but you have got up!!

Please PM your address through, and we will forward your pack out.

Cheers for your contribution, it really was a great read.

cheers

"Kill, Grill, Chill and Swill"
Old 02-05-2018, 08:33 PM
Mature Bream

Well done mazman nice write up and pics mate

I kept putting it off to enter sort of kept getting side tracked chasing squid oops

www.razoredgelures.com

www.rapidfirefishing.com
Old 02-05-2018, 09:01 PM
Big Bream

bugger, totally forgot about this comp haaha
well done alex and niroj!
Old 03-05-2018, 11:27 AM
Big Bream

Much like the other I forgot about the competition, fortunately this was after I made my submission. Look forward to the may comp now

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: