Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 07-03-2019, 05:45 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Someone finally got that T-Shirt made

Someone finally got that T-Shirt made
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 960.jpg (103.1 KB, 2 views)
Old 07-03-2019, 10:42 PM
Poddy Bream

Yeah the 'A' hole with that shirt will be the first one yelling for someone to grab a net we he finally hooks up
Hooked - Captivated by or devoted to a custom or thing.
Old 08-03-2019, 07:43 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

When I first started fishing the CBD we used to joke about getting these shirts made up.

Because civilians think there are no fish in the Yarra - seeing a fisherman fishing in the city raises alot of questions - and all of them need to be asked in person

If you love having 20 unsolicited conversations from people you would never willingly associate with - head down the Yarra on a Friday night. At first its fine - but after a few months, you'll begin to think that T-shirt isnt such a bad idea

Nearly all the conversations start with Variants of - "Theres no fish in the Yarra, why are you fishing there" - So you have to explain yourself over and over and over and over.....in a single session.

And the Yarra has a very good evening edge bight - but they can be spooked by looking over the edge - so what does every person that comes up to question your sanity do - they look over the edge.

So I spose what I'm trying to say is - those T-Shirts wont make sense to alot of anglers who only have a few pleasant conversations with strangers a session. Its the ones who spend more time explaining what they're doing than doing it - that might get a giggle from it
Old 08-03-2019, 08:29 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

I found the blueprint for the one we were working on back in 2004

But the Yarra was a different place back then - It was full on wild west in the evenings - I had cops warning me not to fish in some spots - There were druggies of all description roaming up and down the banks - chroming was very big in those days - and Drunk people everywhere.

These days there is a big police presence with foot patrols roaming up and down the river - so they move any trouble makers on pretty quick - where as in the old days before south bank was developed - it was a very different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
I remember fishing with Swanke and we were having a laugh about printing up a T-Shirt with answers to frequently asked questions on the back.

"Yes there are fish in the Yarra"
"No they dont have 3 eyes"
"Bream"
"No I dont eat them"
"Just for fun"

If I got off my arse and got it printed it would save me having the same coversation over and over again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: