Go Back   Bream Master Forums > All Things Camping > 12V, 24V, 240V

12V, 24V, 240V How to power, what to power. Lights, solar, what's around to make it more comfy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 19-09-2013, 07:28 AM
Mature Bream

Waeco all day everyday
Old 19-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Mature Bream

Well said Luke!

Engels tend to sell more on reputation but put it into a fishing reel perspective, penn spinfisher.... Once the reel to have for $250 now they can be bought for $69 so don't always buy on a reputation.

I was told by a repairer the Engels electronics are more simplified and the suspension on the compressor is better than waeco so if u do more rough terrain off-road stuff stick with engel but the waeco is just as capable for everything else. This was based on the old model waeco also not the new cfx model
Old 19-09-2013, 08:04 PM
Big Bream

I like heaps of WA tournament fisherpersons own with pride heaps of Engel gear which I have acquired through the unsurpassed support given to the bream classic series here in Perth.
For that reason alone I would not even entertain another brand. Even if I have to pay a little more for their superior quality of product it would not even be an issue, I would consider it money well spent and an investment in my piece of mind to the quality of the product, and supporting the guys that support bream fishing to such a massive extent here.
Old 19-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Fishing Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Hollywood View Post
I like heaps of WA tournament fisherpersons own with pride heaps of Engel gear which I have acquired through the unsurpassed support given to the bream classic series here in Perth.
For that reason alone I would not even entertain another brand. Even if I have to pay a little more for their superior quality of product it would not even be an issue, I would consider it money well spent and an investment in my piece of mind to the quality of the product, and supporting the guys that support bream fishing to such a massive extent here.
Well put Leon.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 30-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Poddy Bream

Engel, I have two, one it 28 years old and still going strong!
Other is 6 years old, great bit of gear!
Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Poddy Bream

Go the Engel

I've had my MT45 Engel for 3 years now and it run all day every day in the back of my ute(never know when you will need a cold beer). It runs as a fridge most of the time but on a extended trip I just turn the dial up and it freezes and keeps frozen. Mine is in the back of a dual cab ute with a flat fiberglass hard cover (not a canopy) and runs fine. Car sits in the sun all day at work no issues. It running off a dual battery set up and has run for over 6 days in fridge mode as a beer fridge down the coast with out starting car. Been a beer fridge it was opened and closed quite a few time during the day. But please note I do have the Engel fridge cover fitted aswell.

Aussiematrix
Old 22-01-2014, 10:10 PM
Mature Bream

Old thread I know, but I had to get my Waeco repaired and chatting to the repair guy he showed me torn down waecos vs engels. Waecos use separate componentry for different electrical controls and engel is all on one board.

Lots of other pros and cons to weigh up, but if something electrical fails in an engel the replacement part is generally big $. You have to replace all the circuitry. My waeco thermostat was only $120 because it was separate.
Old 23-01-2014, 05:08 AM
Big Bream

I have a 80lt waeco and a 40lt engel, only gripe with the waeco is it uses a shed load of power and you have to run it through a dc to ac box while at home.

Engel only sells the whole cooling unit these days, if it breaks, its a whole cooling transplant, cost a lot but you don't hear of it happening often.

I keep mine running 90% of the time and I think that's the key.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Mature Bream

I have a 95ltr fridge freezer fridge mate travels around on the draw bar of the camper and also the draw bar of the bike trailer ,can get wet doesn't need a cover and works like a charm virtually an Esky with a motor. Hold enough food for 6 while camping and one side set on freeze keeps ice blocks frozen for the kids.
FIRST EVER COMP RESULT 4TH on atomic muddy prawn
DAIWA LUVIAS 1003 Major Craft Crostage
DAIWA LUVIAS 1003 Diawa Black Label
DAIWA LUVIAS 2004H Major Craft Volkey
G Loomis Custom Blank

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: