Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 02:14 AM
Fingerling

Just got an update on the Outlaw 424 I have on order.

It will be ready in about 3 weeks , so pretty much on time as agreed. Apparemtly there was a minor holdup with the painting as theres a bit of a wait but its being resolved. Theres a lot of hulls waiting to be painted this time of year.

So i should have my Outlaw 424 pro at the end of the month with a bit of luck.

I also read a few mag articles on the 424 pro and am confident that the 30hp 2 stroke ive ordered will be enough for my amateur fishing giving the ridiculous 80kph+ they got with the 50hp.

I dont need that much speed. No where near it. Im sure a goot 20-30 knots will be more than enough for me.

cheers

russell
Old 15-10-2009, 05:26 AM
Mature Bream

Just purchased the Chaser Hull,picking it up on Sunday cant freakin wait..
http://www.anglapro.com.au/chaser.php
Old 15-10-2009, 05:55 AM
Fingerling

Wow that was fast! You didnt need to get them to build it? Any customization? I take it your doing the trailer and motor? Good price?
Old 15-10-2009, 06:42 AM
Mature Bream

my friend has one he likes it.
Old 15-10-2009, 06:55 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntzu View Post
Wow that was fast! You didnt need to get them to build it? Any customization? I take it your doing the trailer and motor? Good price?
had one in stock,yeah great price,got a few extras..will post pics on Monday...
Old 25-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Fingerling

Any pics yet? My Outlaws coming soon and Im keen to hear your opinion of your new hull.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:30 AM
Mature Bream

Tested on Friday MAGNIFICENT!!!! fished up to the heads with no problems what so ever..if i had the extra cash would have got a 40hp..but 30 is plenty ..
Old 01-11-2009, 06:40 AM
Mature Bream

Here are some pics of the oat (i didnt take them)...lazy
http://www.goodtimesmarine.com.au/sh...p?id=177&img=0
Old 17-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Mature Bream

It has been quite sometimes since the thread was created. Just wondering if there is any update review about anglapro boats? The bandit and the outlaw definitely stand out. There seems to be a lot of magazine reviews but not many real life user reviews. It would be really good if Anglapro owners can share what they like about their boats and what they don't like their boats etc.

Cheers

Brian
Old 18-09-2012, 04:02 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by singjai82 View Post
It has been quite sometimes since the thread was created. Just wondering if there is any update review about anglapro boats? The bandit and the outlaw definitely stand out. There seems to be a lot of magazine reviews but not many real life user reviews. It would be really good if Anglapro owners can share what they like about their boats and what they don't like their boats etc.

Cheers

Brian
I've had my anglapro 424 pro for over three years. The hull and construction is top notch and the boat was inexpensive compared to the quintrex and equivalents.

It's very stable and rides well. Gets on fine with stock 30HP 2 stroke with 2 people but struggles a bit with 3 plus live tank full (extra 100kgs). Will get up but takes a bit. Goes to 45kph (GPS) with 2 up at WOT.

The boat was finished in a rush at Good Times marine and a lot of the screws holding the floor were over-driven, and despite me ordering well in advance the two basic customizations (which good time advertise as their speciality) were not completed.

Also, the ply and flooring is of poor quality and has all warped in 3 years to the extent I have replaced the 16mm ply. It looked like the ply wasn't protected well against moisture.
I have replaced the 16mm ply plus carpet with a superior home made variant.

I used 9mm form ply. Then impregnated with quality marine 5:1 flexible epoxy. The second coated with fibreglass weave matting. Then sanded and coated with TREDGRIP latex anti slip paint.

The 9mm ply is probably stronger now than the 16mm, doesn't warp, is totally waterproof, the carpet is gone and doesn't fill with water and crap. I can hose the boat out to dry easily.

And most importantly the boat is at least 60 kgs lighter overall. That's almost a person of weight saved.

Also the dunbier supplier trailer lights were $5 chinese garbage and failed down the coast after 2 trips. Yes I always flush the boat.

I actually emailed dunbier as I was so angry about their product almost stranding me at the coast unable to return in the dark. I manage to fix it ok. The managing director told me they only use quality parts. Honestly it was the nastiest set of lights. I gave up on them.

I replaced these lights with fully sealed ebay (probably Chinese lol) led trailer lights that cost $120 and its working brilliantly and reliably.

So in short.

I would have got the 444pro size. Extra space for little weight.
No floor or extras, just hull.
A better trailer with quality lights.
Probably 40hp 2 stroke. Or 4S 50hp if you have the budget. I didn't and the 30 serves me well a s I drift with plastics.

Then fitted my own custom floor. I had to eventually anyways.

So good solid boat, stable, great layout and top price. But consider the price means some of the extras are a bit marginal and allow for this.

I hope this helps.
Old 18-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Mature Bream

Thanks Suntzu, its great to see some honest reviews. How does your outlaw ride in the chop? Is it a dry or wet ride? Would you buy Anglapro again or would you buy another brand?

Thanks
Old 18-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Fingerling

It sits up nice and square and is pretty beamy. So unless the wind is coming in wrong and the chops bad its a dry boat.

Good in the chop up to a point, though it depends on the trim setting.

Its doesn't really slap even in the rough stuff unless your savage on the throttle but at the end of the day its a hybrid hull suited for lake, river and great for estuary.

Smashed the bream at Mallacoota last year in it. I was getting in where the big and powerful boats had zero chance. I was pulling about 30cm draft on the flats and drifting when everyone was anchored.

I had a 42cm bream in about 5 minutes of casting my first 2 inch banana prawn!

Id never seen one this big before and immediately caught a 40cm. Unbelievable.

But back on topic. You can get out on quiet days if you are sensible but be prepared to give it up and not to exceed the anglapros mandate - which is big estuary's and lakes.

I love my boat now its sorted.