Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Leader

Leader What type, what weight, what length, etc.

Old 19-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Mature Bream

does this look right?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50m-4lb-G...#ht_7198wt_952

says its made in japan, but coming from china? just skeptical thats its genuine.

thanks
Old 19-03-2013, 03:42 AM
Mature Bream

[QUOTE=micko_the_fisho;540379]http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50m-4lb-G...#ht_7198wt_952

says its made in japan, but coming from china? just skeptical thats its genuine.

thanks[/

It's only 50m of fluoro after all, bit steep if you ask me!

Gagga

Last edited by Gagga; 19-03-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 19-03-2013, 03:51 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagga View Post
Looks reasonable to me, it's only 50m of fluoro after all, bit steep if you ask me!

Gagga
thanks mate, not so much worried about the price, but where its coming from.

any other suggestions on good leader for less $
Old 19-03-2013, 03:59 AM
Poddy Bream

i can tell you the photo of the clam shells they are coming in actually have lots of Chinese made flouro in them so be wary

we were looking for packaging for our fluoro and these were offered to us maybe the japanese do this and just buy their packaging from the same place but why would it come from china?

cheers
dan
Old 19-03-2013, 04:02 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by yutryn View Post
i can tell you the photo of the clam shells they are coming in actually have lots of Chinese made flouro in them so be wary

we were looking for packaging for our fluoro and these were offered to us maybe the japanese do this and just buy their packaging from the same place but why would it come from china?

cheers
dan
hmmmm thanks mate,

thats exactly why im worried about it, if its made in japan why is it coming from china?
Old 19-03-2013, 05:11 AM
Blue Lip

Fc rock can be had for that much and you get more line on a spool and bought locally for similar price.
Old 19-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
Fc rock can be had for that much and you get more line on a spool and bought locally for similar price.
thanks mate will look into it, i was looking at this stuff as i heard it was supposed to be top shelf.
Old 19-03-2013, 06:02 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
+1

Kayak PB's - Rainbow Trout 43cm - Bream 41cm - Flathead 55cm - Tailor 60+cm - Flounder 44cm - Sand Whiting 31cm - KGW 35cm - Mangrove Jack 33cm.
Old 19-03-2013, 06:22 AM
Mature Bream

You most likely use a quality rod, reel, line and lure... why try save a few extra $$ if it means losing a good fish...
Old 19-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walker View Post
You most likely use a quality rod, reel, line and lure... why try save a few extra $$ if it means losing a good fish...
i can completely understand, and agree. but whilst i was on holidays in vanuatu, i was thrown from a horse and broke my back, have struggled to find work ever since, every fortnight after all my bills are paid i have $16. and thats without putting fuel in my car. so i need to find something that isnt too expensive but half decent quality.
Old 19-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by micko_the_fisho View Post
i can completely understand, and agree. but whilst i was on holidays in vanuatu, i was thrown from a horse and broke my back, have struggled to find work ever since, every fortnight after all my bills are paid i have $16. and thats without putting fuel in my car. so i need to find something that isnt too expensive but half decent quality.
I use basic FCC man , only cost me around 25/30$$ for 300m spools and I've never had a problem with it
Old 19-03-2013, 06:46 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by micko_the_fisho View Post
Gee, ok. I thought it was different. I hope you are all ok then. If needed, I reckon some members on here will lend you some leader.
Old 19-03-2013, 07:35 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frewzy View Post
I use basic FCC man , only cost me around 25/30$$ for 300m spools and I've never had a problem with it
was just looking at fc rock. seems like alot of people on here use it. i was originally ising 6lb vanish, and was thinking of going down to 4lb and seeing if that improves the strike rate, im a bit hesitant tho as where i fish there is alot of flatties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Walker View Post
Gee, ok. I thought it was different. I hope you are all ok then. If needed, I reckon some members on here will lend you some leader.
thanks mate, everyday is different for me, depends on how i slept. some days i feel fine, others its not so good. i dont doubt there is members on here willing to help, and thats one of the great things about this forum. i have always worked for everything i have got, so asking for help doesn't come naturally to me.