Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2006, 06:25 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

slang terms used while breaming

Spaz castin' - when you go to bomb a long cast but the lure slams into the water a few metres away.

Cat dogging - the act of scampering around the boat trying to get a good angle to cast from.

Fleagaling (fishing illegally) - fishing in spots where "The Man" says you shouldnt.

Prop Munching - Fishing in shallow water

The Sparrow Hunter - the bloke who's lure always ends up in a tree

Net Net Net - get off your arse and give me a hand - ie pass the pliers, get the net, drop everything you're doing and help me out - "I have a treble stuck deep in my finger and I understand capturing the moment with your camera is of utmost importance but I would appreciate it, if you passed me the pliers so I can alleviate the pain"

Belly aching - complaining about trebles stuck in your finger while I try to get a photo of the event"

Does anyone have any other slang terms to keep his thread going?
Old 04-08-2006, 06:32 AM
Blue Lip

Re: slang terms used while breaming

"I have a treble stuck deep in my finger and I understand capturing the moment with your camera is of utmost importance but I would appreciate it, if you passed me the pliers so I can alleviate the pain"
bahahaha i heard about that incident, i bet those werent the exact words used
only slang term i got is "poaching" which is when you mate says "ooh theres a hit" or "check out that bream on that pylon" and you proceed to cast to the exact place they are referring to..even better when you get the fish they spotted. definately a favourite technique of mine
Old 04-08-2006, 06:52 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

from my bait fishing days we used to have a few aswell

Anchor DohDohDohDohDoh - (when under-way) if you were sitting down and you looked to your right and you were looking at the skippers left ear - you were anchor DohDohDohDohDoh. Anyone who wants the front passenger seat has to raise and lower the anchor.

"Today is Going To Be A Great Day" if this phrase, or anything similar was heard on the way to the ramp - (even if you thought it) you would have to own up and fish a different bay if you were to have any success.

Military Precision
- it was a bit of a piss-take on the accuracy of US Missiles at the time but we used it as a reminder to be mindful of everyone else on the boat. Where they had cast - how far they had cast - and maintain an even spread until the fish were located - once located (whiting) bring in all other rods and systematically decimate the school with pin-point accuracy. ie always keep a bait within a metre of the last fish caught
Old 04-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Bream_flu

NET NET NET - that sounds familer while your busy taking photo's

cheers Brad
Old 04-08-2006, 07:14 AM
Fishing Tragic

Tinny Slut - someone who will do anything to get a ride each weekend. Usually very skilled with the provision of supplies and good yarns.

Smoked - what bream do to you in structure

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 04-08-2006, 07:28 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Re: Re: slang terms used while breaming

Quote:
Originally posted by luke_H
"I have a treble stuck deep in my finger and I understand capturing the moment with your camera is of utmost importance but I would appreciate it, if you passed me the pliers so I can alleviate the pain"
bahahaha i heard about that incident, i bet those werent the exact words used
only slang term i got is "poaching" which is when you mate says "ooh theres a hit" or "check out that bream on that pylon" and you proceed to cast to the exact place they are referring to..even better when you get the fish they spotted. definately a favourite technique of mine
I cant believe I forgot "Poaching" we spent so many years perfecting the art that it became second nature. It was no longer some thing that needed a name. It became a way of life.

Every time we took to the water we poached in the most merciless fashion. Admitedly we behaved in a manner that I would not be proud of today. In fact, I have alot to be ashamed of.

But the beauty of poaching is - there will come a day when you have distilled all the info you stole and come up with some theories that work.

You head out - put your theories into practice and then the results come. And when you are having the best session of your life - a crew of young blokes in their first boat will land right on top of you.

and the circle continues
Old 04-08-2006, 07:37 AM
Blue Lip

Horse - A REALLY BIG BREAM (or it only looked big under water but not so when it comes up on the boat).

Just the other day - The one day when EVERYONE supposedly caught a Sh!tload of fish when you were home gardening.

Mooching - feeding

Ping - Used to replace the phrase "Flick a quick cast NOW at"

Deadsticking - Very useful technique for catching bream: Step 1 - Let the plastic sit on the bottom of the river, step 2 - put your rod down to take a sandwich, step 3 - realise fish took the plastic while you weren't paying attention, step 4 - land the PB bream and tell your mates on Breammaster about it and when asked what technique ... "deadsticking".

Paternostering - Yellow door's description of a very sophisticated technique also known as Dropshotting.

Finesse - What you believe you have mastered and what the guy fishing next to you lacks.

How it all comes together is when you're fishing next to someone and no one's catching anything and then you start having a yarn " You know just the other day, I was at the Bridge dropshotting my gulp minnow when I saw this horse mooching on the other side. So I crept up and Pinged the pylon, deadsticked for a good 10 seconds and saw the horse just suck in the minnow and with great finesse, I lifted the rod tip ever so slightly and BANG! I was on. Was my PB too... "
Old 04-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Mature Bream

chasing caught fish! how many of us fall for that one? When you get home fishless and report back into your mate who pointed you that way, the standard answer is "well they were there yesterday!"
Old 04-08-2006, 07:40 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Bear
Tinny Slut - someone who will do anything to get a ride each weekend. Usually very skilled with the provision of supplies and good yarns.
I'm lovin' that one Bear.

I would Like to know of a breaming boat that has launched from the warmies that hasnt had the "Golden Greek" on board. If you havent had the pleasure - I highly recommend it. West side - old school breamin' never goes out of style
Old 04-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Bream_flu

get on msn
Old 04-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Bream_flu

that bream just tore a new hole in my ass - when your lure gets smashed butween the pyolons.

cheers brad
Old 04-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Mature Bream

Talking

Deacon, Go ahead and post some of mine up ?????? And see how long it takes Bear to delete them lol

Korg
Old 04-08-2006, 07:55 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

"Uncle Larry's drop-back"
The single most effective snapper catching technique known to man.

It has less street cred than gulps and makes dropshotting look sophisticated.

Requires at least 10 knots of wind and 1/8th heads
Old 04-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Bream_flu

inconsiderate BAS*ard's - when the cops check over your saftey gear for the 2nd time .
Old 04-08-2006, 08:38 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

The Juicy Dangler - the lure that works best on any given day