Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Lures > Hard Bodies

Hard Bodies Diving minnows are the name of the game here…
Attack, Halco, Oargee, Tilsan. Rebel…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 21-08-2011, 01:03 AM
Blue Lip

Show us your Lure Collection!

Hey Gang,

Over the past few years I've collected quite a few hardbodies. It's an addiction to be honest. Everytime I visit a tackle shop I have to buy at least one.

Now I am no Trout_Bum that's for sure but I'm pretty proud of my collection and I enjoy having a large assortment like this.

Post your Lure collections and how they're stored.

Also if you like maybe you can mention what you do to them for storage such as spraying with Innox/Lannox or anything to improve longevity. Or maybe you can let us know something pictures can't depict about your collection. For example do you remove all trebles and replace with W or Single hooks? Do you replace the eyes with your Wifes jewellery beads out of her Jewellery box for more bling factor? Do you sleep with your lure collection under your pillow?

Here's Mine!

Last edited by joelozzy; 16-03-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 21-08-2011, 01:21 AM
Big Bream

Thats a bloody nice collection mate! you should buy my lures for sale in the classifieds to add to your collection
Old 21-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Big Bream

ripping collection mate how i wish i had those haha
Old 21-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Blue Lip

Not a bad collection there mate. Lanox your trebles and they shouldn't rust.

It's interesting looking at other peoples collection. I love it actually! My collection is a bit different. I have a lot more larger Minnows(50-80mm) Living Tas obviously is why.
Old 21-08-2011, 01:30 AM
Blue Lip

Put rice in the trays for rust...
Works a treat
Old 21-08-2011, 01:34 AM
Banned

Very nice collection mate! Heard from a mate that he sprays his lures with olive oil cooking spray and it prevents the Trebles from rusting and I'm sure they won't be put off by the scent. I love seeing other peoples collections aswell chief

Todd
Old 21-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Big Bream

Will Lanox put the fish off at all?

Also Joelozzy whats in the stocking looking thing??

Nice collection btw!
Old 21-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bream2nv View Post
Thats a bloody nice collection mate! you should buy my lures for sale in the classifieds to add to your collection
Hey guys cheers for the responses. Haha Mr Zing I'm only allowed 1 lure pack per week and I've already taken this weeks

Took me ages to collect this amount Beechey. Although all the ecogears wear actually bought in one go you can see them in the Show us ya Bling thread. Infact I might post those pics in there.

And Cheif yeah I absolutely love seeing what other peoples collections are like. I like seeing what mods they do and how they store things. I've had a look at Innox and Lannox but am a little hesitant I've always stuck to simply freshwater cleaning at home for my rods/reels and lures. I might man up and give it a crack.

I'm wondering if these stay at home and hardly even see daylight or any moisture will they still rust in a few years time?
Old 21-08-2011, 01:53 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_87 View Post
Will Lanox put the fish off at all?

Also Joelozzy whats in the stocking looking thing??

Nice collection btw!
Hey Mate,

They are small ankle stockings which I "Borrowed" from the mrs and I have filled it with white rice and put a knot into it. Basically in theory acts to draw any moisture out that may be present in the case from handling lures etc. Pretty much the same thing as the silica gel pack put in shoe boxes which you can see with the stocking rice ball haha.
Old 21-08-2011, 01:59 AM
Mature Bream

I have used Inox on my lures for years. I don't ever get corrosion and I have seen nothing to indicate that it affects strike rate, in fact I will often get more strikes/hookups than others I fish with who don't use inox.
Old 21-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBreamReaper View Post
I have used Inox on my lures for years. I don't ever get corrosion and I have seen nothing to indicate that it affects strike rate, in fact I will often get more strikes/hookups than others I fish with who don't use inox.
Oh ok wow I might have to pick some up! How would you recommend I go about coating them? Do I try aim for the trebles only or do you coat the whole lure?

Thankyou for your info and help.
Old 21-08-2011, 02:17 AM
Blue Lip

I personally think that the only way to stop corrosion is to give them all to me..
Old 21-08-2011, 02:25 AM
Blue Lip

Since it seems like you guys like having a look at other collection here's mine....... So far!
DSCF0143.jpgDSCF0144.jpg
DSCF0147.jpgDSCF0148.jpg

Fishing flats a lot I have a lack of Vibes and Blades. Not much Top water stuff either but lately I've been focusing on getting more of those. Plus Sinking stick baits.

Plus there's another box of random lures missing. They are ready to be sent of to be pimped.
Old 21-08-2011, 03:30 AM
Blue Lip

Haha stella fella that's a fair call mate flick me your address.

Chief that collection is sensational I'm jealous of your Crankas I plan to add their lineup to my collection next.

Also I can see what you mean about having larger Minnow lures. Haha they are monsters I love it. Also do you spray your lures with Lannox? How do you spray them exactly? Also what's the diff between Innox and Lannox?

Thanks for posting Chief love the collection. When the mrs complains at how silly it is to have this many I can show her this thread and say It's perfectly normal to have this amount of lures!

Win!
Old 21-08-2011, 03:44 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelozzy View Post
Haha stella fella that's a fair call mate flick me your address.

Chief that collection is sensational I'm jealous of your Crankas I plan to add their lineup to my collection next.

Also I can see what you mean about having larger Minnow lures. Haha they are monsters I love it. Also do you spray your lures with Lannox? How do you spray them exactly? Also what's the diff between Innox and Lannox?

Thanks for posting Chief love the collection. When the mrs complains at how silly it is to have this many I can show her this thread and say It's perfectly normal to have this amount of lures!

Win!
Yes the Crankas are great. Lava and Bling Prawn are my favourites but I have a few there that are new so that could change! The bigger Minnows are the go on the flats down here plus on the Trout. Big lures=Big fish

When I spray them I usually put them in a old container and aim for the hooks/tow point. Leave them over night and then wipe the body clean and put them back away. If you are worried about the scent from it you can always use some Dizzy's or S factor.

Lanox has Lanolin in it and Inox doesn't I think. Lanolin I think helps with the rust protection for longer.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: