Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Closed Thread

Old 27-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper Tackle View Post
Not that I care...

I think you should just leave it as is. The article may not be an accurate representation of the actual top 10 lures and the writer may not have said that the results were taken from a forum from people who may have never even caught a bream before. I havent read the article and am just going by whats been said on here.. I still dont see the need for you to get so involved because you didnt receive a bit of free advertising. Im suprised that some lure companies were left out. Jackall for one. But dont see them whingeing about it. Once again I think you may be better off just letting this one slide and concentrating on selling your lures.

Cheers
Old 27-01-2011, 05:30 AM
Hyper Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocksy View Post
8 pages? really?

The Zipbaits vs the World thing is getting a bit long in the tooth Mark, your products are good. Virtually EVERYONE knows that. I don't understand what the fuss is about, forums were polled and you lucked out.

for the record, i own and love zipbaits i'm not bagging your gear.
Rocksy this info was printed in a nationally circulated publication and as mentioned if I make that top 10 or not is beside the point, if you don't mind reading incorrect or inacurate articles that most certainly do sway people to buy products then that's up to you but personally I don't like reading incorrect or false info in magazines and publications.

It's not about Zipbaits vs the World its about a poorly put together article where the writer got it wrong at our expense, ultimately you decide but can only state the facts as they appear to me and I don't think anyone can deny it because it's all there to count yourself if you please, maybe another one of those my generation things but questioning results that are incorrect is my right I think.

You the reader can now make your own decision and if you wish to believe that the article is correct or not and if I hadn't brought it to the attention of others then I guess some may have taken these results as being true when they're not.

Why defend when there is an admission that they got it wrong?

Mark

Last edited by Hyper Tackle; 27-01-2011 at 05:38 AM.
Old 27-01-2011, 07:26 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acanthopagrus View Post
"According to one online bream lure shop the Jackall chubby is Australias best selling lure,

Does anyone have photos of Bream with the chubby hanging out its mouth?

Please...

Check my avatar if you want to see a Bream with a Chubby

Mark,

Chubbies have various different models, sx40's have a couple of models, most soft plastics have different models (sizes), shirasus have different models, so to use that as an arguement that Zipbaits was misrepresented in the poll, while being sowewhat correct is also correct to alot of lure brands so I would not get a bee in your bonnet over this
Old 27-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Hyper Tackle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emo View Post
Check my avatar if you want to see a Bream with a Chubby

Mark,

Chubbies have various different models, sx40's have a couple of models, most soft plastics have different models (sizes), shirasus have different models, so to use that as an arguement that Zipbaits was misrepresented in the poll, while being sowewhat correct is also correct to alot of lure brands so I would not get a bee in your bonnet over this
No bee in my bonnet believe me we'll have to see the top 10 and you may well be right about other brands also although haven't checked, but if this is the case as well may be then you'll never exactly know specific models that were voted for just a general model name for example Rigge that could be any in the range from 35mm-90mm and a range of variations from deep diving to shallow , Floating, Sinking ,Slow Sinking we may never know exactly which lures anyway????
If this is the case still done badly and would like to see another writer try and do it properly perhaps another mag might take up the challenge and if it were me a simple voting ballot slip with a blank 1-10 to be handed to anglers at tournaments and then collected and do this around the country would be a far more accurate representation IMO and also as people will and did in this case specify a particular variations of models then this should be collated otherwise none of us will ever know exactly

Mark

Last edited by Hyper Tackle; 27-01-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 27-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Blue Lip

1. Atomic 38 crank deep
2. Atomic 38 crank medium
3. Jackall Chubbie Deep
4. Zipbaits Khamsin
5. SX 43F
6. Gulp! 2" shrimp Pepper prawn
7. Gulp! 3" minow Pepper prawn
8. Powerbait 3" minow pearl water mellon
9. Powerbait 2" Hawg
10.Tiemco soft cicarter Black
Old 27-01-2011, 09:04 AM
Big Bream

it might be time to start reading the tea leaves and see that everyone thinks you're over-reacting about a little poll in a fishing mag. You're acting like there's some absolute truth to all this, when its clear there are a thousand ways people can interpret the question and a thousand more ways the poll could be dodgy. People aren't stupid - they can see that and take what they want from it. Its doing you more harm than good to keep going on about it. Still think that the funniest thing is that you haven't even read the article but continue going on about it.

Last edited by Cortinaboy; 27-01-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Closed Thread