Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Leader

Leader What type, what weight, what length, etc.

View Poll Results: What leader are you currently using ???
Berkley Vanish 45 33.83%
Yamatoyo 33 24.81%
Stren 6 4.51%
Penn 15 11.28%
None of the above 26 19.55%
None at all 8 6.02%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20-11-2003, 01:15 AM
Ecogear Distributor

Hi Samuri,

For example, I use G.Lommis myself and I find it is great. But I don't have to compare loomis to other brand side by side because it cost too much. And I don't get anything from them

So you were giving product for testing because one "Independent" Company in US which is not associate Yamatoyo(obviously) and Stren paying all the cost for product giving you freebie to test and which don't make any benifit for the company. It doesn't make sense. So why they test the product for? Also that Stren Fluro is not avaible yet in Australia and why do you have to recomand people for it?

I think Yamatoyo is great and I say so...people know I didn't lie. it is my nature as an angler.
you were sponsored by Yamaha and Black Diamond etc, of course you will recommand them too !!LOL

We all can recomand the product no matter you were sponsored or not. It become to the personality of the angler who has creditbility or not.

Enough say, You use Stren, I use Yamatoyo and I will defend my product no matter what I also have great support so I am happy!

Happy fishing
Old 20-11-2003, 02:29 AM

Madfish, sorry to burst your bubble but Stren had nothing to do with the test and the inderpendent company who the test was done for supplied both the Stren and the Yamatoyo.
And please get your facts right Stren saltwater High Impact fluorcarbon is in fact available in Australia at selected tackle stores and has been for some four years.

I'm pleased you are happy with your product, and no one said it was not great or that you would lie about it.

I do quite a few test for many US companies every year on tackle and if a importer, manufacturer or who ever does'nt like or agree with our findings, tough, We are not a fishing mag where a importer or manufacturer can refuse not to advertise with us if we give their product a bad review. (when was the last time you seen a product get a bad review in a fishing mag?)

The man in the street is entittled to see the good and the bad of a product be it yours or anyone elses not just what pleases the importer or manufacturer.

After all that is said and done, if your product is as good as you say then why worry, or get all fluffed about it just ignore it.

Cheers Samurai
Old 20-11-2003, 02:40 AM

BTW Mad Fisho,
We also did some testing of Soft stick baits for barra, you will be pleased to hear the ecogear one came out on top, see when some lose some

Cheers Samurai
Old 03-12-2003, 05:40 AM
Fingerling

siglon is the only way i use it in the 4,6,8,10,13lb ive tried everything and in my personal oppinion it has been the best i wont use a product just to say thats what im using i will only use it if i think its the best for my application and this stuff got me to a NSW Pro Bream series win ive landed afew 1.2 to 1.4kg bream around racks and had them do some rubbing but it still hung on even had it with little frays up the leader then tried to break it and it broke at the not and to this day ive never had it break at the mainline not but in saying this eveyone has thier own oppinions and thats the way it should be this is just mine. thanks Glenn
Old 03-12-2003, 06:06 AM
Fingerling

Thumbs up Stren MagnaThin

I personally use Stren MagnaThin 6lb.... now all I have to do is learn how to tie it to the fireline and stop the birds nests!!!

... Tight Lines!