Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 03-12-2021, 01:54 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggo_1 View Post
Sounds like there's a well informed audience there too.
Yeah that’s how I found the site. I was specifically searching for fishing innovators and a link came up. Started reading then had to join.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:27 PM
Mature Bream

strike hook fishing forum is now under siege
Old 04-12-2021, 02:16 AM
Blue Lip

I'm still here ... and on S&H too. Regards, HBt.
Old 04-12-2021, 09:51 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Heres what Site Administrator Ian Sewell had to say about the issue when it came up 3 years ago

https://breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sewell View Post
Breammaster essentially died when it was offline for a numbers of days, nearly a week from memory. At the time we were having major issues with our host company and were in the process of moving hosts when it all went down, as a result we ended up crashing on the new hosts platform even though they assured us it was all fine and that they would be able to handle the traffic and the size of the site. We then had to go back to the old host and re set up the site. Shortly thereafter they also had an issue which caused the site to run as it should with lots of glitching and freezing etc, our quotas were also being gobbled up by what I later worked out was spam bots attacking our registration page, I also think there was an issue with whatever site or sites we were sharing our server with.

Our host company were of no help telling us that there were no issues, while clearly there were plenty. Eventually while searching for other options the site finally came good, I presume the host compant finally found the issue and resolved it.

The sponsors of the site are actually not so much sponsors of Breammaster but are in fact sponsors of the WA Bream Classic series of fishing comps, it was just another avenue to show our support and to thank them.

Site sponsors in the past rarely if ever paid their bills even though it was some of the cheapest sponsorship going. Many went broke without paying a cent while others still continue on, yet ignore invoices and statements (I will also note that many over the years were very prompt and always paid their bills). As such the site is paid for by the company that owns the site.

We paid for a new platform in the shape of V bulletin 5 however it sits there dormant as no one we know has the ability to transfer all of the website onto the new platform.

Before the devastating crash we had over 600 members a day logging in to see what was going on. Now we average about 150 members, Usually visitors are 5-10 times the number of members so it was a lot of traffic.

During the crash the old host also managed to lose some of the old posts from the very beginning.

I think in our time off line many members got sucked into the void that is social media and lost the free time to return.

Where to from here? Well time will tell I guess so in the meantime we still have some of the comp sponsors product left so we will be giving it all away.

Last edited by yellow door 1; 04-12-2021 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-12-2021, 10:21 PM
Blue Lip

Yeah I got sucked into Facebook for a bit and stopped posting here. Now I don't have Facebook or Instagram because social media is toxic. I don't even read or watch the news either these days. I'm much happier without any of that in my life to...

I'm not fishing as much as I used to aswell. Other hobbies like clay shooting and hunting are what I do through winter a spring mostly.
Old 04-12-2021, 11:32 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChief View Post
Yeah I got sucked into Facebook for a bit and stopped posting here. Now I don't have Facebook or Instagram because social media is toxic. I don't even read or watch the news either these days. I'm much happier without any of that in my life to...

I'm not fishing as much as I used to aswell. Other hobbies like clay shooting and hunting are what I do through winter a spring mostly.
Clever move Chief - Im with you on the NEWS - watching that stuff is bad for your health. I'd rather keep it light and talk fishing

Sure you run into negative nellies online - but watching the news is like pouring darkness straight into your soul. Theres only so much doom and gloom you can take before its starts effecting your mood.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:32 AM
Mature Bream

It's my bet that there will be quite a few who like us that read the site often but do not post very much. The Facebook, social media thing definitely took a toll not only on this site but others also. Many return members are perhaps over posting fearing abuse similar to what they had to wear on the social media platforms. Personally we here don't do social media because we are to old to understand it all and find no reason to soak up unwarranted abuse over offering well meaning advice or opinions. This site continues to be well mannered and is still a wealth of information through the search bar so we will continue to read, research and make the odd post. A big thankyou to Yellow Door who has single handedly kept the site going, his knowledge, humour and handy craft projects are what makes us open the site just to have a look.
Old 05-12-2021, 04:56 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Thanks for the kind words Sevric. Good of you to say
Old 12-12-2021, 11:54 PM
Big Bream

Iam still here , Since 2002 .

Have tried to contribute as much as possible in that time.

Everyone evolves and changes overtime ive always loved what this site was about hence why i still check in every now and again.

Over those years I have still picked up plenty of ideas and tips ( not just about Breaming), and everyone that has kept this site going deserves a beer.
Old 13-12-2021, 12:01 AM
Big Bream

Also love to check in on what Yellow Door has been up to .

Well done over the years to you mate on keeping everything moving and bringing whoever is still here back and back again .
Old 13-12-2021, 02:14 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Folley View Post
Also love to check in on what Yellow Door has been up to .

Well done over the years to you mate on keeping everything moving and bringing whoever is still here back and back again .
Thanks Daniel. Good to be part of the die hard crew that help keep the place ticking over.

Last edited by yellow door 1; 13-12-2021 at 02:18 AM.
Old 28-12-2021, 02:29 AM
Blue Lip

I'm a regular visitor. Don't post as much these days but still read thru the posts since my last visit.
As above agree social media has changed it, unfortunately for the worse
Old 15-02-2022, 04:35 AM
Mature Bream

I stopped coming on here when Warren stopped selling his lures on here
Old 22-02-2022, 04:56 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik View Post
I stopped coming on here when Warren stopped selling his lures on here

Bahahahaha. Got a few swimbaits if you are interested
Old 27-04-2022, 08:10 AM
Blue Lip