Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #196  
Old 19-07-2020, 12:40 AM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 13,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManDude View Post
to a point yes... i have a heater in the shed so i turn that on for a few hours prior to starting
Clever
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 14-10-2020, 10:17 PM
IceManDude's Avatar
IceManDude IceManDude is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melton, Melbourne
Posts: 3,988
i just realised i hadn't posted an update here for a while...

not much has happened due to other projects and work taking up my time, plus i lost a little bit of motivation

The underfloor boxes have been glassed and are now all finished!!

And one of the other projects finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200801_170816 e.jpg (409.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg 20200911_185641 e.jpg (322.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20200911_185738 e.jpg (284.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20200913_155052 e.jpg (346.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20200913_162028 e.jpg (431.9 KB, 1 views)
__________________
Craig

Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 14-10-2020, 10:20 PM
IceManDude's Avatar
IceManDude IceManDude is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melton, Melbourne
Posts: 3,988
had to build the transom doubler... so the outboard has some meat to mount to.

lots of ply, all glued up and is now glued and glassed in place.

Next task is to install the chase tubes/conduits for the electrical systems and plumbing... fun!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201004_192229 e.jpg (508.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20201008_160213 e.jpg (515.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20201009_195134 e.jpg (528.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20201010_130927 e.jpg (439.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20201010_130937 e.jpg (417.5 KB, 1 views)
__________________
Craig

Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 14-10-2020, 10:37 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 13,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManDude View Post
i just realised i hadn't posted an update here for a while...

not much has happened due to other projects and work taking up my time, plus i lost a little bit of motivation

The underfloor boxes have been glassed and are now all finished!!

And one of the other projects finished.
Thanks for the update Ice - love that wooden box with the carving
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 14-10-2020, 10:39 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 13,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManDude View Post
had to build the transom doubler... so the outboard has some meat to mount to.

lots of ply, all glued up and is now glued and glassed in place.

Next task is to install the chase tubes/conduits for the electrical systems and plumbing... fun!!
Look like you are in the home straight now Ice - Giddy Up
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 16-10-2020, 03:01 AM
IceManDude's Avatar
IceManDude IceManDude is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melton, Melbourne
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Thanks for the update Ice - love that wooden box with the carving
it was a lot of fun to build, i think i enjoyed the carving more than anything.

the celtic knots took a bit to work out but they came out pretty good and didn't take as long as i first thought.

the hummingbird was a lot of fun, it has a significant sentimental meaning for who i built it all for.
__________________
Craig

Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 16-10-2020, 03:02 AM
IceManDude's Avatar
IceManDude IceManDude is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melton, Melbourne
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Look like you are in the home straight now Ice - Giddy Up
in all honesty i'm probably about half way through... but its not going to get any easier...lol
__________________
Craig

Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 16-10-2020, 09:58 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 13,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManDude View Post
it was a lot of fun to build, i think i enjoyed the carving more than anything.

the celtic knots took a bit to work out but they came out pretty good and didn't take as long as i first thought.

the hummingbird was a lot of fun, it has a significant sentimental meaning for who i built it all for.
Yeah Looks Schmick

I watch a few wood working you tube channels. And they sometimes talk of the importance of doing smaller projects during a large one. Just to prove to yourself that projects can actually end😉
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 16-10-2020, 10:06 PM
yellow door 1's Avatar
yellow door 1 yellow door 1 is offline
LEGEND Unicorn
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: melbourne
Posts: 13,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManDude View Post
in all honesty i'm probably about half way through... but its not going to get any easier...lol
Yeah a mate is restoring my old tinny. It surprising how many hours, go into all the little processes, which are no where near as involved as what your up to.

But the rewards are going to get bigger the further you go. My mate Said slapping a coat of paint on was especially satisfying
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 19-10-2020, 07:08 AM
IceManDude's Avatar
IceManDude IceManDude is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melton, Melbourne
Posts: 3,988
managed to start on the pipework on saturday... i need to sort out the fuel tank so i can finalise the pipework

i still have to seal all the holes and glue up all the joins but will do so once all the pipework is done
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20201017_174951 e.jpg (389.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201017_174953 e.jpg (345.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201017_175003 e.jpg (451.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20201017_175040 e.jpg (453.8 KB, 0 views)
__________________
Craig

Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 19-10-2020, 07:09 AM
IceManDude's Avatar
IceManDude IceManDude is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melton, Melbourne
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Yeah Looks Schmick

I watch a few wood working you tube channels. And they sometimes talk of the importance of doing smaller projects during a large one. Just to prove to yourself that projects can actually end😉
its a bit like that
__________________
Craig

Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 19-10-2020, 07:13 AM
IceManDude's Avatar
IceManDude IceManDude is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melton, Melbourne
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Yeah a mate is restoring my old tinny. It surprising how many hours, go into all the little processes, which are no where near as involved as what your up to.

But the rewards are going to get bigger the further you go. My mate Said slapping a coat of paint on was especially satisfying
i do have moments where i wish i just rebuilt a tinny... but then i realise i'll have a boat that will ride and feel better than a tinny of the same size and completely custom to how i want it.

plus it won't cost anywhere near as much as a full tournament ready 4.8-5m boat with a 90hp on the back
__________________
Craig

Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 19-10-2020, 03:47 PM
Green Hornet's Avatar
Green Hornet Green Hornet is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sth Coast NSW
Posts: 1,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceManDude View Post
i do have moments where i wish i just rebuilt a tinny... but then i realise i'll have a boat that will ride and feel better than a tinny of the same size and completely custom to how i want it.

plus it won't cost anywhere near as much as a full tournament ready 4.8-5m boat with a 90hp on the back

I'm sure you'll be happy you when the jobs done and the boat's on the water.
I've been watching a similar build on another site that is nearing completion and its an awesome looking craft.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 19-10-2020, 06:32 PM
spoonta66's Avatar
spoonta66 spoonta66 is offline
Big Bream
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: South of the border....
Posts: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
I'm sure you'll be happy you when the jobs done and the boat's on the water.
I've been watching a similar build on another site that is nearing completion and its an awesome looking craft.
Got a link Green Hornet?
__________________
I love flathead!
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 19-10-2020, 06:55 PM
IceManDude's Avatar
IceManDude IceManDude is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melton, Melbourne
Posts: 3,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
I'm sure you'll be happy you when the jobs done and the boat's on the water.
I've been watching a similar build on another site that is nearing completion and its an awesome looking craft.
I wouldn't mind seeing it, could pick up a few ideas if you have a link to share
__________________
Craig

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Google