Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Motors

Motors Get the low down on which outboards perform best…

Old 27-10-2006, 06:08 AM
Mature Bream

Re: In response!

Quote:
Originally posted by trouty
All I will say is this. (And likely it's a lot more than I should!)

The beauty of the internet is that you have the ability with google search engines etc to discern from any replies you get - what action to take - which parts of who's advice to acept.

I am 100% sure that you will NOT cause ANY damage to a 75 Chrysler if you run the new TCW 3 oils with unleaded petrol and a lead replacement additive, at either 25:1 or 50:1 ratio as I advised!

In that respect there is absolutely NOTHING whatesoever wrong with my advice insofar as it may damage the engine - so I stand by what I've written and you are 100% wrontg and an idiot into the bargain for suggesting so!.

I will never fail to give advice if I think my considerable experience and qualifications enable me to do so - and I will never try to stop anyone else from giving their own advice (including yourself no matter how self deluded it may be!).

Let the readers decide Mad Surfe. That is their prerogative!

Builfd a bridge and get over it Mad surfe as Foghorn Leghorn would say - this kids about as sharp as a bowlin ball! Ya startin to bug me kid - ya ain't no chicken hawk and i ain't no chicken!

Got the message?

Cheers!
Geez us trouty get off ya high horse!!!!

Facts only here:

The valve additive you mention for unleaded fuel is designed for early 4 STROKE CAR ENGINES ONLY ie holden 186 or early 70's CAR engines...... No Japanese car ever needed it (they all had hardened valve seats from the get go)

NO outboard engine has needed that additive EVER and to advise someone to use it with an obvious lack of understanding of what it is actually does and used for is just plain dumb.....

Even the current crop of outboards are designed for 89 RON fuels..... Many countries do not supply 91 or 95 (pulp) fuels at all and these engines are designed for the WORLD market not just Australia and it's fuels.

If some trusting soul took your advise thay may get stranded with fouled plugs and a non runnung engine.... Quite possibly dangerous should they get caught out at the wrong time don't you think?

Remember LRP (lead replacement petrol)?
It was premium unleaded with the anti valve seat wear additive you mention mixed in.......
It was taken off the market because the very additive you mention was causing more harm than good, it doesn't burn and coats the spark plug insulator with a conductive deposit that DID cause ignition faults and breakdowns.....

The lead replacement additive is only for slowing valve seat reccession in old cast iron heads where the casting itself was used to seat and seal the valve when closed......

With the lead oxide (which is what tetraethyl lead becomes when burned) removed from fuel there was nothing to chemically surface harden the valve seats and in SOME instances there was accelerated seat wear, the news media and oil companies put the fear of god into those people who owned older cars at the time by stating that ALL vehicles 10 years old or older at the time would suffer engine failures if precautions we not taken...

It was a fallacy then and still is now..... They were trying to cover up (i.e hide) the change from OCTANE rated fuels to RON rated fuels. All motive fuels (except diesel- which is cetane numbered) are RON rated in Australia now including various Aviation grade fuels that still contain trace amounts of tetraethyl lead.

And as far as your attack on JP, who rebutted your lack of credibility on this matter. He was making it obvious to 'laymen' who may not have understood your gobbldy gook and to clarify the error in your post..... Which I concurr.

And looking at your response..... Just because your entering the twilight of your life (MEH! you're only 47!) doesn't mean you are correct every time you think you are, you should be able to process criticism from another person without getting personal or taking it personally!

Ot: I deal with ill advised, misinformed people like you everyday....... They usually learn once they make their first $1000 mistake.....

P.s before you try have ago at me.... Consider this: I began building cars with my grandfather 25 years ago and have been in the automotive industry for 17. I have built 4 cylinder and Rotary street cars with well over 500 hp at the wheels, I have built my own fuel only injection computers from scratch, programed and dyno tuned them myself......... I have been there done that as far as engines go be it 2 stroke bikes, v8's, 4 & 6 cyl turbo jap and Mazda Rotaries....... No ego here just facts mate!

Swan/Canning PB 43cm
"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"

¸.·´``·.¸.·´``·...¸><||||(º>
Old 27-10-2006, 08:05 AM
Blue Lip

Cool

Thanks for all the advice....My there certainly is alot of it

I certainly did not intend to start a debacle at all

Many thanks again to everyone,

Gae.
Old 24-11-2006, 01:10 AM
Big Bream

This one got heated

Going over old ground here but would you guys in the know please list from best to worst all the brands of fuels....

I do know that a lot of different companies pull off the same BP tanks in Kwinana, so what should we two-strokers be putting through our donks....

That sounds funny

Thanks in advance
Old 24-11-2006, 05:36 AM
Blue Lip

I love that red herring thown in Andrew - that should distract the jousting match Good question which a lot of people would like to know

BTW I can't shut Mum up about her crays! Cheers for that mate
Old 25-11-2006, 03:56 PM
Big Bream

no worrys Stu.

Hopefully we can get some more