Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Leader

Leader What type, what weight, what length, etc.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 27-01-2015, 12:11 AM
Piranha's Avatar
Piranha Piranha is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Yarrawonga Vic
Posts: 1,229
knot assist 2.0

Just recieved the above in the mail, unfortunately it showed up with the lanyard part broken, can anyone that uses one tell me if the lanyard part is useful when tieing knots? not sure if i should send it back to Japan for replacement or just try to use what iv'e got?

any help from users much appreciated.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 27-01-2015, 12:26 AM
Piranha's Avatar
Piranha Piranha is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Yarrawonga Vic
Posts: 1,229
Have worked out it's a very necessary part so will have to send it back
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 27-01-2015, 12:29 AM
nagz's Avatar
nagz nagz is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sh!tney
Posts: 3,370
Any idea how it happened?
Poor packaging?

I'm looking to pick one up in the near future

Nagz
__________________
tight linez and singing dragz
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 27-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Green Hornet's Avatar
Green Hornet Green Hornet is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sth Coast NSW
Posts: 1,256
The lanyard part is only a lock so the unit can "fold down" to fit in your pocket or whatever when not in use, assuming you mean the pin in the hinge and not the line clip.
It serves no purpose for tying the knot.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 27-01-2015, 04:35 AM
Piranha's Avatar
Piranha Piranha is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Yarrawonga Vic
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
The lanyard part is only a lock so the unit can "fold down" to fit in your pocket or whatever when not in use, assuming you mean the pin in the hinge and not the line clip.
It serves no purpose for tying the knot.
Thanks mate, just to double check

it was a small piece of plastic underneith the middle , its the sheild piece around the internal (underside) spring which connects to the lanyard piece on the top, so now the lanyard piece of plastic pops off.

Do you normally hold the arms open to tie a knot or is it soposed to lock open?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 27-01-2015, 04:37 AM
Piranha's Avatar
Piranha Piranha is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Yarrawonga Vic
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagz View Post
Any idea how it happened?
Poor packaging?

I'm looking to pick one up in the near future

Nagz
Not sure mate, it was well packaged with no visable outside damage! it's only a small piece of plastic so i'm hoping the thing is still usefull
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 27-01-2015, 04:04 PM
Green Hornet's Avatar
Green Hornet Green Hornet is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sth Coast NSW
Posts: 1,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piranha View Post
Thanks mate, just to double check

it was a small piece of plastic underneith the middle , its the sheild piece around the internal (underside) spring which connects to the lanyard piece on the top, so now the lanyard piece of plastic pops off.

Do you normally hold the arms open to tie a knot or is it soposed to lock open?
Yeah, that's the bit I thought you meant. Its only to lock it shut and serves no purpose in tying the knot.
The arms don't lock open. The spring in the hinge provides the tension on the braid and the arms start to come together as you wrap the knot. Its a bit hard to explain but when you give it a go you'll see what I'm trying to say.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the locking pin.....I never use it. Sucks though that it arrived broken.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Piranha's Avatar
Piranha Piranha is offline
Blue Lip
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Yarrawonga Vic
Posts: 1,229
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Hornet View Post
Yeah, that's the bit I thought you meant. Its only to lock it shut and serves no purpose in tying the knot.
The arms don't lock open. The spring in the hinge provides the tension on the braid and the arms start to come together as you wrap the knot. Its a bit hard to explain but when you give it a go you'll see what I'm trying to say.
I wouldn't be too concerned about the locking pin.....I never use it. Sucks though that it arrived broken.
Thanks very much for that Green Hornet, very reassuring mate It's my first item from os that has arrived broken, lucky in a way that it's a $40 tool and not an Exist
Thanks again mate

wes
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Google