Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-07-2015, 02:09 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastquest101 View Post
just bought a v17 ready to transform,
was thinkin of doing a write up on here??
Do it.
I am sure you would have no trouble getting a well written backed up with suitable pics article published on this subject.
The fact that there is plenty of interest here alone suggests it would be a winner for any fishing or boating mag.

Its a work in progress
Old 09-07-2015, 08:15 PM
Mature Bream

I doubt the 60 would cut the mustard with 2 blokes and a full live well though.

One day I would love to rebuild a v17 or preferably a v19 as the ultimate centre console. Can do everything the 445 can do slanted more towards saltwater work which is what I do.

In the meantime here's some pics. Don't worry about the rear. I bought it like that. Will have a rear casting deck at some point when I get around to it.

As I bought it.

Ditched a shite load of stickers. Put some new ones on

Work space mid session the other day. Note the shitty exposed steering cables. The renovation will include new front and rear casting deck. New console. Underfloor fuel and cabling and a re flow coat of the whole boat. But in the mean time it still fishes well. Just isn't peerrdddyy.

Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 PM
Blue Lip

Great Looking Rig.

Thanks for Posting the Pics

Interesting your thoughts on the 60hp, sounds like a 60 just does the job.

I do more flat Water so looking I think at this stage for more speed.

May have to go 2 Stroke keep the weight down.

I love to speak to someone with a Haines or Formula 445 with a 150kg Plus Outboard on the back

Cheers Nordy

Hurricane Lures Australia

Website www.hurricanelures.com.au

Check Out Our Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hur...79922355413407
Old 10-07-2015, 10:33 AM
Poddy Bream

hey ducky
do you have any pics of your transom layout with the tiller
cheers
Old 11-07-2015, 01:30 AM
Poddy Bream

Here are some photos of a tiller steer I did for a customer this year

Cheers
Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 445 3.jpg (546.7 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg 445 photos.jpg (594.4 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg 445 photos2.jpg (605.7 KB, 97 views)
Old 11-07-2015, 03:48 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
hey ducky
do you have any pics of your transom layout with the tiller
cheers
It's not a tilller mate. It's an ex tiller converted to centre console when the old owner replaced the outboard.
Old 11-07-2015, 10:59 AM
Poddy Bream

sjc71 awesome thanks for that

ducky wud matey tiller that puppy all day
Old 11-07-2015, 06:53 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjc71 View Post
Here are some photos of a tiller steer I did for a customer this year

Cheers
Scott
Looks Great,

What Hp is the Merc pls

In your opinion on past experience etc, do you think the heavier 4 Strokes at 155 - 170 kg which seems to be any Hp rating after the 70hp yammy or after 60hp in other brands would suit this hull, or would they be too heavy ?

Other than these Heavier 4 Strokes it only Leaves 2 Strokes as a more horsepower option. Mmmmm Difficult Decission

Any feedback on HP would be great.

Regards Nordy

Old 11-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Poddy Bream

Nordy,
The Merc. is a 60Hp 4-stroke and pushes the boat at about 32knts .
We have done a 60Hp 2-strole last year and it pushed the boat about 36Knts . ( tiler steer )

Not much in it .
What I would do is go up to a 70Hp 4-stroke tiler , which should give you around the same top end as a 60Hp 2-stroke
I prefer the 4-stroke better as they are less noise and you don't have to keep worrying about having enough oil or going to buy oil all the time .

Don't worry about the weight as these boats can handle it . for example , my live well is 100ltrs and sits at the front of the engine well , took two people out fishing the other day and they sat on top of the live well , with the live well full and the boat rode fine . Only lost a couple of Knts on top end speed . You will be surprised how much weight these little boats can handle .

Cheers
Scott
Old 11-07-2015, 08:51 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Nordy,
The Merc. is a 60Hp 4-stroke and pushes the boat at about 32knts .
We have done a 60Hp 2-strole last year and it pushed the boat about 36Knts . ( tiler steer )

Not much in it .
What I would do is go up to a 70Hp 4-stroke tiler , which should give you around the same top end as a 60Hp 2-stroke
I prefer the 4-stroke better as they are less noise and you don't have to keep worrying about having enough oil or going to buy oil all the time .

Don't worry about the weight as these boats can handle it . for example , my live well is 100ltrs and sits at the front of the engine well , took two people out fishing the other day and they sat on top of the live well , with the live well full and the boat rode fine . Only lost a couple of Knts on top end speed . You will be surprised how much weight these little boats can handle .

Cheers
Scott

100lts wow that's 100kg that's great to know.

The only 70hp 4stroke that's under the 155 kgs is the Yammy 70hp at 120 kgs I think, But most guys I speak to with the Yammy are little dissatisfied on this hull. Must be the deep V as there are awesome motor, I had one few years ago on a Southwind UB580 it's was fantastic. But for this Hull I'm hear Not the Greatest. Mainly what Im hearing is the Yammy 70hp struggles to get the 445 out of the hole.

The only 4 Stroke I've found to date that guys are happy with in the Lighter kgs Range is the 60hp Merc Comand Thrust Model, Spins Bigger Prop and different gear ratio, at 5000 rpm it's doing 30mph burning 15lts per hour, revs out to 5800 rpm I think. Apparently the Comand Thrust gets it out of the Hole easy as well, just thought I'd mention it, may come in handy information etc.

Thanks for your Reply , much app

Last edited by NORDY; 12-07-2015 at 02:14 AM.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:21 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORDY View Post
100lts wow that's 100kg that's great to know.

The only 70hp 4stroke that's under the 155 kgs is the Yammy 70hp at 120 kgs I think, But most guys I speak to with the Yammy are little dissatisfied on this hull. Must be the deep V as there are awesome motor, I had one few years ago on a Southwind UB580 it's was fantastic. But for this Hull I'm hear Not the Greatest.

The only 4 Stroke I've found to date that guys are happy with in the Lighter kgs Range is the 60hp Merc Comand Thrust Model, Spins Bigger Prop and different gear ratio, at 5000 rpm it's doing 30mph burning 15lts per hour, revs out to 5800 rpm I think. Apparently the Comand Thrust gets it out of the Hole easy as well, just thought I'd mention it, may come in handy information etc.

Thanks for your Reply , much app
The photo of the 60 HP Merc is the command thrust and it will push the boat about 32knts.

Our boat has a 70hp Yamaha on it ( only because we had that motor laying around the shed ) would like to put a 80hp Yamaha 4-stroke on it instead , but our boat is not a tiler steer, and I'm getting around 29knts with the live well full 100ltr , 2 people and full of gear .
So If I'm getting around 28 to 29knts fully loaded with front and rear casting platforms , 100ltr live well , centre console and 8 x rod racks , and gear and 2 people on board . You would think that the 70 hp Yamaha would push a tiler steer around at about 32 to 35knts .

If anybody has any stats on this set-up I would like to know, please.

Cheers
Scott
Old 12-07-2015, 02:42 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
The photo of the 60 HP Merc is the command thrust and it will push the boat about 32knts.

Our boat has a 70hp Yamaha on it ( only because we had that motor laying around the shed ) would like to put a 80hp Yamaha 4-stroke on it instead , but our boat is not a tiler steer, and I'm getting around 29knts with the live well full 100ltr , 2 people and full of gear .
So If I'm getting around 28 to 29knts fully loaded with front and rear casting platforms , 100ltr live well , centre console and 8 x rod racks , and gear and 2 people on board . You would think that the 70 hp Yamaha would push a tiler steer around at about 32 to 35knts .

If anybody has any stats on this set-up I would like to know, please.

Cheers
Scott
Cheers Scott,

I recon your 100% Correct a Tiler with a 70hp Yammy 4Stroke should get up around that. You doing Ok with that 70hp Carry fair load etc a well. Your Tiller Steer Looks Great in Pics by the way.

The Two Guys Ive spoken to running the 60hp Command Thrust Merc , One is a Centre Console with Casting Platform Built By Formula 1. The Other is a 445 Rebuild with casting platforms and side console etc etc.

Im thinking the Command Thrust is Great Match for This Boat ATM

Id Love to hear some more Stats on Motors.

So Any Bream Masters please comment would be much appreciated

Also I hear Formula 1 Boats are now shut down.

Cheers Nordy

Old 12-07-2015, 03:05 AM
Big Bream

i own a command thrust merc and love it.

But there is no way its better then the suzuki 4 stroke equivalent.

If a few grand isnt an issue id be reccomending a new suzuki 4 stroke everyday of the week against a CT merc.

The merc is very good value though i had a strict budget and the dealer i was buying through could get me a merc at a very good price.

5 of the 6 boat mechs i consulted with on the gold coast said go suzuki only one of them was an actual suzuki rep.

Of course they all said the yamahas were bullet proof but said the new 4 strokes suzuki's are the best on the market at the moment.

(they all said DO NOT go near e-tecs )
Old 12-07-2015, 04:29 AM
Poddy Bream

my etec 50 is a DohDohDohDoh
hate it
Old 12-07-2015, 04:52 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
my etec 50 is a DohDohDohDoh
hate it
Why ?