Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 17-11-2016, 06:46 PM
Big Bream

It's interesting that in the mornings it runs fine but late in the afternoon it slows right down. This is what leads me to think it may be a hardware issue whereby they "throttle" the hardware resources back on what the hardware hosting provider believes is an off peak period, as I still see the resource errors come up in the arvos.
Old 18-11-2016, 02:34 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Here's some tech dudes discussing why a forum started to slow down. There might be some clues in this thread.

http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...topic=548285.0

And here's how the thread ends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 803.jpg (25.7 KB, 2 views)
Old 18-11-2016, 02:42 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Heres another thread from the same forum -

The guys at "Simple Machines" seem to be miracle workers. Of the 2 threads I've read - they've diagnosed and sorted the problem out very quickly

http://www.simplemachines.org/commun...topic=490232.0

Last edited by yellow door 1; 18-11-2016 at 02:46 AM.
Old 23-11-2016, 02:51 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

For what its worth - I just uploaded a few photo's and the speed was fine - actually the last 2 times I've visited its been good
Old 23-11-2016, 05:46 AM
Poddy Bream

Me Too ,

Load time is fine now, Just have to be patient , these things will sort themselves out, no point getting Angry about it , will work out in the end

Thanks Ian
Old 23-11-2016, 06:38 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej525 View Post
Me Too ,

Load time is fine now, Just have to be patient , these things will sort themselves out, no point getting Angry about it , will work out in the end

Thanks Ian
I hear that -

When I was 12, I was fishing the creek at my grandparents farm.

It was a cold miserable day - so I was wearing Blundstones with my footy socks tucked into my jeans - my top layer was - a T-shirt - a woolen jumper - and a Driza-Bone 3/4er Jacket.

I was leaning, with my back to a gumtree to get out of the rain. The rest of the 25 or so grand kids, were spread out, up and down the creek, doing the same

The difference between me and the other grand kids was - my tree had a bull ants nest at its base.

The jeans tucked into the socks, meant it took a very long time for me to recognise something was wrong - coz the soldier ants had to climb up my jeans and crawl through my untucked T-Shirt before their bites registered.

But the extra time it took - seemed to coordinate their attack - the first bight felt like I had leaned into a black berry thorn - but it was the next 5 that made me go white with panic.

After slapping my back - there was a Fire-work of pain blasting off all round my mid section - stomach... - back..... - and everything inbetween.....

And when the initial wave of hysteria abated - for a second - I looked down at my jeans and there was a swarming, writhing mass of bull ants charging up my legs..................................

My Aunty and Uncle were the first to hear the screams.....but not the last.

By the end of the ordeal, every set of eyes within 100m (including cows) were firmly fixed on me.

It was the quick thinking of Aunty Judy that saved my life - it didnt save me from personal disgrace and family "nick names" I prefer to keep to myself

But I would have been stung to death if it wasnt for her intervention.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know if you've ever been 12 years old - stripped naked in front of your entire extended family and thrown into a creek on a chiily day.

but there have been times, when I'm on hold to "Telstra ADSL Tech support" -That I wished I was back at the Farm and taking an unplanned dip in "Sheep Station Creek"

Massive props Ian - those of us who have dealt with "Tech Support" over an extended period can only begin to feel the pain you have endured on this thankless task

Last edited by yellow door 1; 23-11-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 23-11-2016, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Awesome, story YD, the sad and most annoying part is that we were just about to pull the trigger on a new plan to hopefully resolve the problem. As far as I am aware, nothing has changed. Apart from all parties denying it has anything to do with them...

We will wait and see how this goes for a few days before we change anything again.

Keep on the updates as to how it is travelling, by net is dodgy at the best of times so sometimes hard to tell if it is my puter or the site.
Old 23-11-2016, 09:21 PM
Big Bream

It's certainly a lot faster the last few days, hope it stays that way !!
Old 24-11-2016, 04:58 AM
Mature Bream

Could be hacker attacks on the site from overseas, most forum admins block certain countries to help from these attacks that cripple forums and servers. If the site is hosted by someone that also hosts various types of sites including shopping or the likes, the hackers can be trying to get secure information. Server might not be able to keep up, might not have enough bandwidth from the forum host.

vBulletin is complex and takes a lot of time to keep running and especially implement new features. vBulletin's support isn't that great either, their updates are often long times between and they are usually buggy. They will never except responsibility for anything.

Plenty of vBulletin experts in Australia that may be able to help out.
Old 27-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Blue Lip

Righto working pretty well, some slow points here and there but manageable so far...

Next question is the private messages.

Whats happened there... 😯

Was a simple and manageable format before and now its just "what the"... Anyone have any issues or understand the changes to give me a quick tutorial?
Old 28-11-2016, 06:01 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Very slow tonight - denied access a couple of times (resource limit reached)
Old 29-11-2016, 09:01 PM
Administrator

So we are changing our hosting however what is described as "a simple process that we will take care of for you" does not actually translate as you would expect. In the "real world" of code based society.

After this ordeal is over I may consider adopting pen and paper again. Is it just me, life was far easier then! (if anyone remembers pen and paper and phones on cords attached to walls!)

Yes I am old and I can say, I remember the good ol days!
Old 30-11-2016, 12:06 AM
Mature Bream

I remember when they delivered ice for the fridge with horse and cart
Old 30-11-2016, 04:50 AM
Big Bream

Some pretty strange shite going on that's for sure !! From the PC, the site works OK, from a mobile device, I cant even get to the home screen, it just times out.

When you ping the site address, it varies between 100% loss, 75% loss, 50% loss and 25% loss !! WTF ?
Old 30-11-2016, 09:55 PM
Administrator

It looks like they have completed or are swapping the site over, hopefully things will finally start to revert back to what it once was. Once again fingers crossed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: