Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Getting Started

Getting Started If you’re new to the Sport then this is the forum for you.

Old 21-12-2002, 09:16 PM
Poddy Bream

Car Security

A warning to the people fishing the swan.
Went out in my boat on Saturday after launching from Pickering park at 5am.Had a bit of a chuck around the snags for a couple of hours before returning to the ramp to find my car now minus CD player and speakers(and broken door lock)

Dont leave anything of value in your cars as it may not be there when you get back!

Jeff
Old 21-12-2002, 09:54 PM
Poddy Bream

Had mine done over about a week and a half ago at the carpark at point walter while I was wading the sandspit between 5:30am and 8am......all they took was a coolerbag with a half dozen cans of cokes and a pair of rex hunt sunglasses ohh and my bloody spotters case(also busted my door lock)

Try not to leave anything in plain sight cause they seem to break into them for anything nowadays.

Dave
Old 21-12-2002, 11:37 PM
Big Bream

gday guys
this is actually a funny car theft story onw morning at about 3 00 am 2 cops start banging on the door i am sitting in bed thinking i havent done anythingwrong have i well in turned out our boat car which is a very old ford XF i dont no y anyone would wont to steal it beacuse it had rust holes everywhere doors were crunching the panel work. but anyway they found the car at my little sisters kindy and when they searched the car the stupid idiot of a thief had left his lunch box,wallet(with licence),work shirt and a few needles. what a idiot
thanks michael
Old 22-12-2002, 04:13 AM
Blue Lip

Its sad really, its happening everywhere around the Swan these days.

Causeway at night has been bad for a while, Guildford and Garret Rd bridges are both a raffle and I've also been broken into at Tranby House.
Old 23-12-2002, 02:05 AM
The Angry Administrator

G`day Jeff,

Not a nice way to end the first launching of your boat mate. And to say the least I was far from impressed to find my car broken into at the Maylands ramp when I got back on Saturday as well, and right behind the police place as well, although all they got was $6 in change. It was the thought that this is happening far to regularly around these spots. I know a lot of councils have security patrols, and I wonder if any frequent the launch ramps in the mornings. Because this seems all to easy for a group of shitheads to go through each ramp or fishing spot and raid cars knowing theres nobody around. Im far from happy Jan. Please all keep an eye out for these incidents. We`ll get them.

Cheers

Richo
Old 29-12-2002, 10:13 AM
Big Bream

Its a hard thing to combat because the theifs know the cars in the carpark are an easy target.

One way may be to get dropped off with the boat and picked up when needed but that might not always be possible (to far away, no1 to ask, etc)

Grant