Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Boating Accessories

Boating Accessories Sounders, Fixings, Safety Gear and More

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 20-12-2014, 06:16 PM
Poddy Bream

This happened to my hds7 gen2 my sonar still worked but no water temp there ended up being a small kink in the transducer cable from the folding system on the bow mount minnkota,I swaped the transducer over(lucky I had a spare) and bingo working water temp again
Old 20-12-2014, 09:58 PM
Poddy Bream

A victim of my own advice. I use my sounder at various fishing shows doing demo's, as it turns out the temperature wasn't displaying because I or someone "playing" with my sounder at the recent Cod Classic altered the transducer setting. I had even posted this up on our Facebook page & it's worth noting again..."A must read for all Lowrance owners, I get to see on average 3 sounders a week and not one of them is set up properly with the most common error being the wrong settings in the transducer installation. This is very easy to check, first up take note of the transducer type, this is found on the silver tag attached to the transducer cable. Then power up the sounder select "Settings" "Sonar" "Installation" In the drop down list, select the transducer type and save. There is a very good reason why these transducers are sold separately as applications change depending on areas fished. Having the correct transducer installed can make a massive difference." Thanks for the reply breambarron, got me thinking along the right path.
Old 20-12-2014, 10:13 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr244 View Post
A victim of my own advice. I use my sounder at various fishing shows doing demo's, as it turns out the temperature wasn't displaying because I or someone "playing" with my sounder at the recent Cod Classic altered the transducer setting. I had even posted this up on our Facebook page & it's worth noting again..."A must read for all Lowrance owners, I get to see on average 3 sounders a week and not one of them is set up properly with the most common error being the wrong settings in the transducer installation. This is very easy to check, first up take note of the transducer type, this is found on the silver tag attached to the transducer cable. Then power up the sounder select "Settings" "Sonar" "Installation" In the drop down list, select the transducer type and save. There is a very good reason why these transducers are sold separately as applications change depending on areas fished. Having the correct transducer installed can make a massive difference." Thanks for the reply breambarron, got me thinking along the right path.
I didn't even know that!!! Thanks for the info. Is there any other way to find out what type my tranny is? My one is installed already that's why...

Bash
Old 21-12-2014, 01:56 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
I didn't even know that!!! Thanks for the info. Is there any other way to find out what type my tranny is? My one is installed already that's why...

Bash
No way of looking at transducer cable? the silver tag is usually very close to the head unit. I think the only other way would be to try & match up the ducer via photo's on web site.
Old 21-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr244 View Post
No way of looking at transducer cable? the silver tag is usually very close to the head unit. I think the only other way would be to try & match up the ducer via photo's on web site.
All done mate. Thank you again for the info. Does structure scan need a special setting for it as well?
Old 21-12-2014, 07:43 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
All done mate. Thank you again for the info. Does structure scan need a special setting for it as well?
No Bash, use 455khz not 800 they say better results, that's all
Old 05-01-2015, 02:27 AM
Blue Lip

Too much sensitivity on the right and not enough on the left?
Cant see where to adjust the sensitivity in dsi though??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2015-01-05 16.53.25.jpg (581.8 KB, 3 views)

Its a work in progress
Old 05-01-2015, 07:14 AM
Blue Lip

Hey Ck. You can't adjust the sensitivity on the down imaging. Just contrast. Given that it runs on a different frequency is often the reason why you don't get identical images on both. Also depends on the species of fish and how quickly they are traveling.

Crank up the sensitivity on that traditional sonar. Your screen looks way too clear and uncluttered

Follow my fishing travels on Facebook
Old 05-01-2015, 03:11 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks Ruski.
Any idea what the downscan image might be showing?

Its a work in progress
Old 05-01-2015, 05:41 PM
Blue Lip

It's definitely a school of fish - moving quickly. There's a couple in the bottom left of the downscan image that are fairly well stationary and they look like white rice grains, but the others are on the move so it's hard to say! Could be a big school of slimeys, salmon, tailor etc...depends on where you were i guess mate.

Cheers,
Paul

Old 05-01-2015, 11:04 PM
Blue Lip

Thanks Ruski.
The lines are remenisent of what i would expect to see if salmon trout were about. So i guess this is what they were.
So being quite a noob at these things could the fact that the 455kw cone is wider than that of the 200, that the fast moving fish are outside of the 200 cone?
Sensitivity is currently at 43%
I also had another screen shot where there were some sizeable cigar shaped objects on the dsi but nothing on the sonar. At the current setting i am still picking up and seeing clearly, bait schools on both the sonar and dsi at times

Its a work in progress
Old 06-01-2015, 01:38 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Thanks Ruski.
The lines are remenisent of what i would expect to see if salmon trout were about. So i guess this is what they were.
So being quite a noob at these things could the fact that the 455kw cone is wider than that of the 200, that the fast moving fish are outside of the 200 cone?
Sensitivity is currently at 43%
I also had another screen shot where there were some sizeable cigar shaped objects on the dsi but nothing on the sonar. At the current setting i am still picking up and seeing clearly, bait schools on both the sonar and dsi at times
That's spot on, given that the 455 is much wider, those fish could have been likely just outside the field of the 200khz beam...BUT the other key reason they're not on your standard sonar screen is because your sensitivity is at 43% Crank it up to at least 60-65 and up from there. Yes there will be clutter but you will pick up a LOT more detail than what you are currently seeing (or not seeing by having it so low).

Cheers,
Paul

Old 04-02-2015, 11:46 PM
Fingerling

HDS7 Gen2 – Structure Scan Transducer Set Up.....

Hi,

Could anyone help me with a bit of info on installing my LSS 2 Transducer onto my Quintrex 435 Hornet?
I currently have a 50/200 mounted on the starboard side and was thinking of installing the LSS 2 between this and the motor. This would put the distance between the two transducers around 150mm. (Lowrance recommend keeping the two ducers within 300mm for the overlay feature)
Is this the best place to mount the LSS2 ?
Does anyone have a Hornet that has Structure Scan and a 50/200 mounted up all working correctly as a reference?
I’d appreciate any help I can get before I start drilling holes all over the place.....
Cheers in advance
Shane
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6602.JPG (696.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6604.JPG (603.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 06:16 AM
Big Bream

Shanga,

It can be tricky to get it all perfect in one go as all boat set ups are different. What I did was bolt a piece of plastic to the transom and then screwed the transducers into that. This allowed me to move them around without adding more holes into the boat.

I personally think you would be better off moving the 50/200 more towards the right and mounting the LSS transducer where the 50/200 was. Going closer to the outboard may cause more water disturbance. Also make sure the LSS is slightly lower than the 50/200.

Something like this image here. I just bought a cutting board and cut it to suit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1314.jpg (33.2 KB, 116 views)
Old 05-02-2015, 07:46 PM
Mature Bream

I did the same as nabs, used chopping board incase i needed to move it around and also to limit holes in the hull.
This set up works perfect, my structure scan holds bottom at 50kmh not that it really needs to as the skimmer does also.
The only thing is when on side scan the leg of the motor does block the left side unless i have it trimmed right up which isn't a problem as I'm only putting around when sounding usually

Hey nabs do you get a rooster tail off your transducers? my was really bad sprays all over the motor so i got a stainless bracket made up to divert the spray.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transducers.jpg (72.9 KB, 96 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: