Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members If you have just registered, pop in here to meet the gang.

Old 25-01-2016, 01:24 AM
Fingerling

Hi All

Well after spending my fishing life almost exclusively from a boat, to not fishing at all for the past two years due to poor time management, I am now in the situation where all my fishing will be land based. This is because I never owned a boat, but all my friends who did are now married with kids so the free spots on boats don't exist anymore.

So I decided that I wanted to focus on a specific fish and really try to master it.

As a group we go to Lake Tyers and fish the big dusky flatheads, but of course anyone who lands a bream is king. I still manage a seat on a boat for these trips thankfully.

Previous years growing up we fished the Tambo River for Bream as well, but over the course of the last 8 years, the catch numbers have dramatically decreased.

So I decided that I would like to target Bream specifically, and the first thing I need to learn is patience.

On the weekend I went to Inverloch and had every intention of fishing the Tarwin River for Bream, but got antsy and after 3hrs packed up and target whiting and flathead. Got neither of those as well, but did land a few juvenile salmon which were fun.

So this post contains very little information, but thought I'd introduce myself here, because as I start to read more and more, I am likely to come armed with plenty of questions.

I am also ashamed because I love fishing so much, but am yet to teach my 9 year old son to fish, Tis is the year I change all of that.

Happy fishing!
Old 25-01-2016, 01:32 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunnaLittle View Post

I am also ashamed because I love fishing so much, but am yet to teach my 9 year old son to fish, Tis is the year I change all of that.

Happy fishing!
Welcome to BM mate.
It's never to late to teach a child to fish mate.
Happy fishing to you and your son this year.