Go Back   Bream Master Forums > FishPhart > Cameras and Accessories

Cameras and Accessories What Camera to Buy be it Big or Small and What to Get With it.

Old 26-02-2014, 03:45 AM
Mature Bream

Cheap & fun ways to do Macro Photography

G'day folks.

Just thought to share this with you people. I am by no means a pro-photographer but love to take macro (real close up photos). For anyone who has a dslr and wants to take beautiful real close-up shots but does not have the budget, do not worry.

I was searching and found some cool & cheap stuff that will let you take macros. Obviously it depends on the quality of lens you would be using but if you have a prime lens 50mm, 28mm etc those would be perfect. You could also use your kit lese 18 - 55mm.

Extension Tubes:

They are simple hollow tubes without any glass, that attach between your lense and the camera, allowing you to come very close to your subjects.

They come in various sizes, 12mm, 20mm, 36mm etc you can stack them as needed. You can get the top notch kenko extension tubes for $100 or just like me get them from ebay for $10.

Here is a comparison shot and just to give you an idea of magnification, taken with a 50mm prime lens.

windows print screen

Reverse Ring:
[attachment=0]Reverse.jpg[/attachment]

You can put extention tubes with this to get even more magnification. Thanks to the genius who came up with it. It is basically an adapter to put your lens in reverse and by doing that you get amazing results. Best part of it is that it will only cost you $10 or less.

I have been playing with both and honest I haven't found any difference in quality yet. But will let you know as soon as I find something.

Tele-converter:

Don't even think about it. You can search it if you want but in a nutshell it's another way to get close ups, it is easily 10 times or more expensive than the other methods.

Obviously it is not that simple and everything comes with its own pros and cons, but for $20 odd bucks, why the hell won't you.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers
D

img
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Extension-Tubes.jpg (48.2 KB, 124 views)
File Type: jpg Reverse.jpg (30.8 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by simpledude; 26-02-2014 at 04:05 AM. Reason: typos
Old 26-02-2014, 05:09 AM
Blue Lip

Thanks D, very good suggestion!

Cheers,
Paul

Follow my fishing travels on Facebook

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: