Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 28-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Big Bream

New Stradic FJ Series how does it compare (vs Sol?)

Hi all,

Probably gonna 'open a kettle of fish' here (my version of 'opening a can of worms'). But what is everyone's opinion on the new Stradic FJ? Does it compare to the Sol for instance?

The new Stradic appears to come with a lot of the new features (X-Ship and Aero-Wrap II being some of the great ones); I guess it might come down to tryin one out, but just thought I'd put the Question out for discussion. I'm guessin the new FJ will come in roughly the same price bracket as the So???l (however I did see a quote much cheaper).

Anyways opinions welcome please!

Last edited by Yellafella; 28-09-2011 at 04:47 AM.
Old 28-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Mature Bream

cough

the old model stradic is better than the new model people are buying em up fast...same with the sustain...sols well id go a heartland instead same price better reel...id get a sustain the previous model FI...shimano are trying to suck people in with these new models and it seems to be working from what ive been reading on this forum.....
Old 28-09-2011, 07:28 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIM BREAM View Post
the old model stradic is better than the new model people are buying em up fast...same with the sustain...sols well id go a heartland instead same price better reel...id get a sustain the previous model FI...shimano are trying to suck people in with these new models and it seems to be working from what ive been reading on this forum.....
The new stradic has X-Ship and it looks nicer than the older one. Even with the new Sustain, they have made it better with X-Ship. That just essentially means that the pinion gear is supported with extra bearings, which means lighter handle rotation. Both the older generation and the latest generation are made in malaysia, so how is the older model better than the new one?
Old 28-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
With newer technology, naturally you will get better equipment. By your theory, does that mean a old HQ Kingswood is better than a VE Commodore ??
Old 28-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiwaFreak View Post
The new stradic has X-Ship and it looks nicer than the older one. Even with the new Sustain, they have made it better with X-Ship. That just essentially means that the pinion gear is supported with extra bearings, which means lighter handle rotation. Both the older generation and the latest generation are made in malaysia, so how is the older model better than the new one?
if you dont know im not gonna tell ya..Go buy one..im not going to keep educating you daiwa freak...why dont you start another thread repeating everything you read on daiwa and shimano websites again and again and again and again and making out you are in the loop...
Old 28-09-2011, 07:41 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka-T View Post
With newer technology, naturally you will get better equipment. By your theory, does that mean a old HQ Kingswood is better than a VE Commodore ??
Yes an old hq is better than a ve..
Old 28-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
if you dont know im not gonna tell ya..Go buy one..im not going to keep educating you daiwa freak...why dont you start another thread repeating everything you read on daiwa and shimano websites again and again and again and again and making out you are in the loop...
You? Educate ME? Hahahaha mate, you can't even justify your claims, and you talk like you know it all. I'm not the one who says that an Exist and a Steez is different, simply because daiwa advertises that one of them has "revamped digigear", they both share the same part numbers for the gears. So if anybody is getting sucked into marketing, its you. I am quite confident that I have had much more experience when it comes to fishing gear mate, considering that trash that you are talking. I own a 2010 Stella with X-Ship, and the new X-Ship technology certainly makes a difference. I know this because I have compared my 2010 and my old 2007 Stellas side by side. So I think I can safely say that the new Stradic will have a 99% chance of being better than the older model, unless you can prove me wrong.

Last edited by DaiwaFreak; 28-09-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Old 28-09-2011, 08:01 AM
Blue Lip

fight fight fight fight ........oh crap.........Bear is coming........QUICK...hug hug hug hug hug......
Old 28-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
fight fight fight fight ........oh crap.........Bear is coming........QUICK...hug hug hug hug hug......
ahahahah
Old 28-09-2011, 08:06 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Haha gold!!
Old 28-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Sorry Grim, I owned a Stradic FI briefly, and had a good look at the Stradic FJ on Sunday and the new FJ is definitely smoother and has far tighter tolerances. For all those looking at buying in this price range the FJ looks and feels better.
I do agree Grim that some older models are better, the Stradic FH was one example, it was the last Stradic made in Japan, and was better than both models discussed above.
Old 28-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Pure gold
Old 28-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Mature Bream

yeah quality feels strange to some shimano freak is full of x-shi_
Old 28-09-2011, 08:21 AM
Blue Lip

I am a Shimano fan and have already owned a new fj 3000 for 2 weeks, It is a nice reel but honestly is it the same as the previous model? YES it is! Not much of an improvement.
I am a little unsure of the direction the sustain is going too? not for me, I reckon the new biomaster looks the best of the new stuff.

The sol 2000's my mates use are rough, the Stradic is a better reel if staying smooth for longer is something to go by.
Old 28-09-2011, 08:29 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
yeah quality feels strange to some shimano freak is full of x-shi_
Is that all you can say? Well it doesn't a genius to realise that you are making assumptions based on insufficient knowledge. How many shimanos have you actually used so that you can say that the quality feels strange? What exactly do you mean my "strange"? Have you compared with with other brands of reels? If so, to what extent? I really don't want to make a huge scene, but honestly, I dislike people who love to talk a lot, but can't justify their reasons with sufficient evidence. And imagine if somebody takes your strong advice and ends up making the wrong decision, you are in a way responsible. So think about what you say before you actually say it. I'm not saying I am the best, but I can offer reasons for my opinions, based on experience and knowledge.