Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-10-2007, 10:11 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheers View Post
Even the Brembo brakes and Tubi exhausts?

Even Lamborghini has an Audi V10...

Point being a "Made In ..." sticker means little in todays economic environment.
LOL - yep.. I know what you mean..

As an aside.. I work in the electronics industry... we get everything made in China.. BUT everything is designed and tested and re-tested here in Oz..

But the price needs to reflect that fact.

Supported by :

My wife
Old 19-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheers View Post
Seriously, you blokes worried about where a reel is made should get out and fish more. It seems to me you're more concerned with the appearance and 'blinging' your reels than actually landing fish.... Seriously, it comes across as wanky if you're worried about whether your reel has a cork handle or whether the Prada designed spool will fit... If the reel is well constructed, smooth and durable, I couldn't care if it was made out of stolen cars in the frontyard of a Doveton flat!
Hear hear! I tell what annoyed the crap out of me. Not too long ago, a mate and myself were fishing on a pier. Now this mate of mine and myself, we love our toys; we were both using certates and just enjoying our fishing. Then this kid comes along next to my mate, looks at his reel and asks, "thats a certate, is it a nice reel?" To which my mate answered "yeah, its alright". This kid then pretty much shoves his reel, which happens to be a certate as well, in front of my mates face and said, "nice reel eh..".
Now, what's with that? It wasn't the last time we met this kid, and everytime we did, he was more concerned about showing off his gear (which his parents probably paid for) than actually fishing. Talking to the locals, it appears we weren't the only ones being bothered and he's got a bit of a reputation for being annoying.

Kid, you know who you are. Next time you see others fishing (and us), do yourself a favour and just enjoy your fishing and not worry if people notice what gear you're using. We DON'T CARE!
Old 19-10-2007, 01:35 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUNQX View Post
Hear hear! I tell what annoyed the crap out of me. Not too long ago, a mate and myself were fishing on a pier. Now this mate of mine and myself, we love our toys; we were both using certates and just enjoying our fishing. Then this kid comes along next to my mate, looks at his reel and asks, "thats a certate, is it a nice reel?" To which my mate answered "yeah, its alright". This kid then pretty much shoves his reel, which happens to be a certate as well, in front of my mates face and said, "nice reel eh..".
Now, what's with that? It wasn't the last time we met this kid, and everytime we did, he was more concerned about showing off his gear (which his parents probably paid for) than actually fishing. Talking to the locals, it appears we weren't the only ones being bothered and he's got a bit of a reputation for being annoying.

Kid, you know who you are. Next time you see others fishing (and us), do yourself a favour and just enjoy your fishing and not worry if people notice what gear you're using. We DON'T CARE!

That is so true..
In my years of fishing I dont think I have ever starred to see what reel or rod my "next door neighbour" is using..

Supported by :

My wife
Old 19-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyman View Post
yes I think it does.. how many people would buy Ferrari's if they were made in Korea.. or Geelong for that matter.. and how many people would buy Mercedes if they were made in Pakistan or wherever ?? :-)
Hahahahaha, you would flip if you saw where a lot of the Merc and Beemers were made - let me give you a hint, its not Germany. Welcome to the world economy......
Old 19-10-2007, 08:24 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggy_B View Post
Hahahahaha, you would flip if you saw where a lot of the Merc and Beemers were made - let me give you a hint, its not Germany. Welcome to the world economy......

yes, I am well aware many models are made in South Africa etc.. I was just using these with a little poetic licence

Supported by :

My wife
Old 19-10-2007, 08:25 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyman View Post
yes, I am well aware many models are made in South Africa etc.. I was just using these with a little poetic licence
Keep guessing, and its a little closer to home than South Africa.....
Old 19-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggy_B View Post
Keep guessing, and its a little closer to home than South Africa.....

errr... I have been to the Mercedes factory in South Africa.. I was born in S.Africa and lived there till 7 yrs ago

Supported by :

My wife
Old 19-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Poddy Bream

i perfer it make it japan ... but the new 2500 luvias i just got, it great smooth and well buit i cant tell the differnce (maybe i didnt own a old luvias ).
just like my veinto baitcast reel make it koare and it say fresh water use only.. man i been using in saltwater my breams and fatty with it and still great reel. This just my opinio, planning to get other 1003 even it make in Thailand... GREAT REEL !
(ISO LBD/LB)(Exist)(Branzino)(Steez)(Saltiga)(Certate)(Zill ion)(103 bay special)(Calias 201DC)

Never ending collections!
Old 19-10-2007, 11:39 PM
Mature Bream

If it was a product of a company based in Thailand, it might make a difference. But these reels were designed and engineered in Japan, "Real Four" is all Daiwa. I doubt they would have reels made in Thailand if it compromised quality, and therefore their reputation in the market. If you have an issue with quality control, fill in your warranty card.

The only trouble I have with the Luvias is that it looks so tiny next these little salmon

littlesalmon.jpg

--------
Half-page signature still under construction
Old 13-11-2007, 12:35 PM
Fingerling

Question NEW Luvias 1003

Hello everybody!

I'm planning on bying NEW Luvias 1003 - please, give me as much information as you know about that! I would be obliged for any kind of opinion from those who have already tried it or if your heard from others. And please, let me know whether you think it's too much to pay 300$ for that reel. Thank you and will be waiting for your replies!
Old 13-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Mature Bream

Will have one in a day or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solt View Post
Hello everybody!

I'm planning on bying NEW Luvias 1003 - please, give me as much information as you know about that! I would be obliged for any kind of opinion from those who have already tried it or if your heard from others. And please, let me know whether you think it's too much to pay 300$ for that reel. Thank you and will be waiting for your replies!

Solt,

I will have the 1003 size on Wednesday or Thursday this week. I fish with 4 Exist 1003 reels on my ul tackle so I have the ultimate reel to compare it to. and I will give it a fair test to see how it stands up.

Brian
Squidgies Australia
Berkley
Evinrude Outboards
Minn Kota
Old 14-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Fingerling

NEW Luvias 1003

2 Brian.

Thank you very much for your reply and I will be looking forward to hearing your impressions after you have tested a similar to New Luvias 1003 reel.
Old 14-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Mature Bream

New Luvias 1003

G'day All,

Thought I would post up my 1st impressions of the new Daiwa Luvias 1003 I received in the mail today. Upon opening the box I was greated by a reel that looked alot like my Exist 1003's. I assembled the handle and after a few turns I was totally impressed. It is fluid and smooth. There is a bit of a hum,,,,but nothing is felt in the gears or the handle. The weight is so very close....Only 5gr difference. I spooled it up with 4lb Berkley Fireline Crystal and put a leader of 8lb vanish. It is currently mounted to my G Loomis SMR751S UL/L action bass spinning rod. I love the way it balances and it felt good when I reel up a 1/8oz jighead from my second floor landing....LOL. I think the reel is worth the money. You get real4 and all that comes with it. The size and weight of the Exist for almost half the cost. I had intended this reel to be used on my travel rod....A 3 piece G Loomis Escape. But now I think it will stay on the SMR rod. I like it and will use it next week when I have a day off. Of course it comes as I am backing my Ranger into the driveway of the house after a session chasing reddies and pickerel at the lake. Back to work for 4 days tomorrow But I will have plenty of time to play with it next week. I have attached a few picture of the Luvias next to my Exist . So you can see how similair they are.

Ranger 175C/Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loomis-luvias 1003 001.jpg (61.1 KB, 597 views)
File Type: jpg loomis-luvias 1003 004.jpg (73.3 KB, 593 views)
Squidgies Australia
Berkley
Evinrude Outboards
Minn Kota

Last edited by Ranger 175C; 15-11-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 16-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Fingerling

Thank you very much for being the first one to reply and sharing your impressions and for the pictures. I think I will order it for myself from Japan. Though it's winter here and the temperature is -5C, so I'll be able to try it only in spring! But this weekend I'll still try to go and be chasing a predator. Right now I'm using Banax Ultra, 2-12gr and reel Ryoby Exia. And for the spring I would like to buy something UL max 5gr with this kind of reel - maybe you can recommend anything?
Old 18-11-2007, 07:07 AM
Blue Lip

Question

G'day Brian

I alway's look forward to your posts and hearing (reading) your opinion's on reel's,rod's etc;-
Do you use Fireline Crystal? Or,some other brand?
Just curious as I'm thinking of giving it a try.

I'm looking forward to your next report

Happy healthy fishing to you,

Gae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger 175C View Post
G'day All,

Thought I would post up my 1st impressions of the new Daiwa Luvias 1003 I received in the mail today. Upon opening the box I was greated by a reel that looked alot like my Exist 1003's. I assembled the handle and after a few turns I was totally impressed. It is fluid and smooth. There is a bit of a hum,,,,but nothing is felt in the gears or the handle. The weight is so very close....Only 5gr difference. I spooled it up with 4lb Berkley Fireline Crystal and put a leader of 8lb vanish. It is currently mounted to my G Loomis SMR751S UL/L action bass spinning rod. I love the way it balances and it felt good when I reel up a 1/8oz jighead from my second floor landing....LOL. I think the reel is worth the money. You get real4 and all that comes with it. The size and weight of the Exist for almost half the cost. I had intended this reel to be used on my travel rod....A 3 piece G Loomis Escape. But now I think it will stay on the SMR rod. I like it and will use it next week when I have a day off. Of course it comes as I am backing my Ranger into the driveway of the house after a session chasing reddies and pickerel at the lake. Back to work for 4 days tomorrow But I will have plenty of time to play with it next week. I have attached a few picture of the Luvias next to my Exist . So you can see how similair they are.

Ranger 175C/Brian