Go Back   Bream Master Forums > BreamMaster Competition Corner > BreamMaster Monthly Competition

BreamMaster Monthly Competition See What Competition the Guys Have in Store This Month

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-08-2013, 08:37 AM
Poddy Bream

Post here and get a FREE 'Lock n Haul'

Would like to generate some positive and negative feedback on how, why or what people deem a good method to support their outboard whilst on the road? All comments after 2 months will go into a random draw and receive 1 Lock n Haul transom bracket to your doorstep!
Old 09-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Blue Lip

I use a transom beam that fits on the bottom roller on my trailer. Works well but been looking at a spring one to take some pressure off the skeg

pb 47cm placcies Murray River
pb 44cm hards Murray River
Old 09-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Mature Bream

I just use the tabs that you flick down that come factory fitted on my little 70hp yammie. seems to do the job fine.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:07 PM
Mature Bream

hey I use the motor support bracket with the ruber fork end. I have it so it just under the factory click in so it takes the pressure off that but if it was to bump out of it it would click to factory one also, then I have made a custome occy strap ( out of 10mm bungee rubber ) to keep a bit of pressure on it to stop it coming out also, maybe a bit overboard but I don't think it hurts and it only take 2 seconds to put on and take off. also puts u in the right area to double check the bungs are in which can never hurt lol
Old 09-08-2013, 07:29 PM
Poddy Bream

Ive been using the Lock n Haul for approx 12 months now! Ive trailed my boat/outboard up and down the East Coast, from Queensland to Tasmania and most places in between. Ive found these great, as it has eliminated 99% of movement of my 200hp outboard while on the road, and so easy to fit.
Old 09-08-2013, 07:39 PM
Blue Lip

I currently use a home fabricated lump of wood lol!!

CHECK THIS.......

http://www.facebook.com/BreaminNPerchin
Old 10-08-2013, 05:13 AM
Mature Bream

I have been told by the dealer that there are no problems using the flick down tabs on the outboard for transport but being overly cautious I have a removable cross member with a keyhole in it to attach an arm with a rubber v on it. This method keeps the motor high and stops it swivelling but it bounces around on rough roads and I have taken skin off my head getting under there to remove/replace the crossmember every time I launch and retreive. Maybe time to invest in a helmet.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:03 AM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by samt View Post
I have been told by the dealer that there are no problems using the flick down tabs on the outboard for transport but being overly cautious I have a removable cross member with a keyhole in it to attach an arm with a rubber v on it. This method keeps the motor high and stops it swivelling but it bounces around on rough roads and I have taken skin off my head getting under there to remove/replace the crossmember every time I launch and retreive. Maybe time to invest in a helmet.
I have heard that comment too, that the manufacturer says its ok to use fold down arms, but trust me, it won't happen straight away but I do believe one day down the track it could become costly. Once u come across someone that has forked out a bucket load of money to virtually replace all engine support mts and bearings, such a cheap piece of totalled reassurance, it's worth it's weight in gold
Old 10-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Poddy Bream

I don't have to worry with mine as it is a tinny without hydraulics, so I just use the old trailer stay. My father in law used to just use the tab on his 80Hp Yammy until one day I was towing his boat & he was following over some bad road. He saw how much it was bouncing & how much stress was caused to the transom of the boat. After that he made his own mount system but it takes much longer to install than the Lock & Haul.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:33 PM
SLAZMO

A old mate of mine Paul who pumps yabbies commercially - always relied on the flip down locking mechanism when he travelled with the tinny on the back of the Landy. Paul wasn't the one to avoid potholes or speedbumps with the boat on the back - the Landy was built for them he said.

While we were out one day motoring along - "SNAP" bloody transom nuts snapped at their mouldings and we literally had to hold the motor onto the tinny all the way back while doing about 2 / 6 knots.

This was all the while I had said to use the factory supplied motor support that came with the trailer - which sat idle in the back of the landy lol.

Mind you a couple of years earlier he rolled off a brand new Haines Hunter run about (when they were first being re-moulded) off the trailer as he didn't like using tie downs as they were "too fussy and time consuming".

Moral of the story - if you have a friend named 'Paul' - tell him to do things right.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:11 PM
Banned

i also use the flick down tabs on the motor, but also put an occy strap around it to hold it still (its only a 30hp tiller steer). haven't had any issues with it
Old 07-01-2015, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick release View Post
Would like to generate some positive and negative feedback on how, why or what people deem a good method to support their outboard whilst on the road? All comments after 2 months will go into a random draw and receive 1 Lock n Haul transom bracket to your doorstep!
Are these available locally now? I notice you are in lake Macquarie. I have pm"d you my number if you could please call me? Cheers

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: