Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 03-01-2018, 09:40 PM
Blue Lip

Shimaiwa or daimano

Alright guys

Here’s my final attempt to perform CPR on BM. I’m sure you’re all sick of my terrible conversation started by now

Anyway, given it’s now 2018, I’m sure a lot of you have seen a lot of different technologies come from our two main reel camps over the years. I’ve only really been in the serious fishing game for 20 odd years, so didn’t really have much to do with really early stuff.

Here’s my topic for discussion:

I want you to design a reel (spin or bc) that comprises of your favourite and/or most innovative technology/component from either/both major camps.

I’ve got a couple ideas, but intend to give it some more thought, especially after being in the servicing/upgrade game for a whack of time.

Let em fly.

Looking forward to what monsters “evolve”

Nagz
Old 03-01-2018, 10:19 PM
Blue Lip

Spin reel!
Metal frame monocoque from certate 2016hd in a 2500
Carbon handle that I’ve seen on the yumeya shimano stuff
Light carbon rotor from either camp
Daiwa airbail from the current exist
Super light alloy tapered shallow spool
15 bearings, no magseal required
legit fully waterproof
Old 03-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Mature Bream

That's a really good idea of a thread which should not result in a DohDohDohDoh slinging fest

Shimano reel (gear set including worm gear components) as the basis of the reel.

Put in Daiwa Magseal line roller.

Daiwa drag clicker sounds (may need to restructure spool to accommodate) but Shimano drag stack/grease

Daiwa aesthetic design team
Old 03-01-2018, 11:36 PM
Blue Lip

The introduction of scandium alloys where primary strength in main body and gearbox design... christ why not beryllium if we've got the cash to splash.

Kashima coat cold forged aluminium main gear and marine bronze pinion.

Lip seals on all water entry points external of bearings or single faced 2RS style bearings on all exterior points / low contact lip seals.

Labyrinthine style body lock with at least 4 screws minimum holding the opposite side of the widest berth between main gear and pinion.

Thin replaceable shim washers for bail arm pivot points and a sacrificial collet that the arms pivot on to reduce wear on the actual rotor itself eg: daiwa reels...

Worm drive oscillation drive with tighter tollerances and two slide shafts with tighter tollerances and those shafts coated in a high pressure media.

Shimano current line rolller setup is perfectly fine but could be tightened up a smidge, or run the Stella FI line roller but have two pressed in bearings.

Bail wire - stuff it make it a low grade Ti alloy. None of this hollow stainless steel nonsense

Angled foot design - nobody likes parallel / straight to rod reels...

Bearing and body tollerances tightened up or insert a grove so that locktite green or soft removable sealant can be applied so bearings stay in place with less play.

Spools with machined / porting to allow water to seep out when it creeps in via capillary action.

No bright crayon / colour by numbers inspired colour schemes...

Last edited by Slazmo; 03-01-2018 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 04:29 AM
Mature Bream

Too easy: Certate body+hyper gear+Magnumlite rotor of Shimano+seamless airbail+Exist handle+carbon knob+magsealed line roller+honeycomb shallow spool with carbon drag+14 bearings.NO WORMSHAFT,please.Must be cheap
Old 04-01-2018, 05:55 PM
Blue Lip

Revo.png

Love the black carbon fibre of the Revo MGX reel.

The handle is exceptionally schmick