Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > NATIONAL FINALS

Old 24-11-2014, 12:24 AM
Administrator

Hobie Kayak Grand Final all done

So the national Hobie Kayak Grand final down in Mandurah is now done and dusted.

The event was run incredibly well. The efforts of Hobie have to be congratulated, between organisation and towing their stage / trailer all the way over it was an incredible effort.

Thanks must also go to the Getaway outdoors team who were best on field with people on the beach helping launch and retrieve their yaks. They also had a team cooking bacon and egg rolls for breakfast before the starts, and cooking lunches of hamburgers and hot dogs, not to mention making up packed lunches for the competitors to take out on the water with them.

Ben Hough from Compleat Angler Nedlands also deserves a mention with his help down on the beach helping launch and retrieve as well.

In all the event ran really well and I doubt that there would be an unhappy angler due to the running of things.

In general everyone seemed to like the arena and certainly saw or experienced the bigger fish that the river is quite well known for.

Congrats to all of the anglers and well done for making the effort to get over! Especiall Chris and everyone else in the top 10.

Finally I also wanted to say that after fishing from one of the new Yaks I am very impressed and anyone who ended up buying one of the comp boats I think will be very happy with their purchase. I found the yaks to be extremely comfortable and very easy to stand up and fish out of.

My old outback leaves me in a fair amount of pain after just six hours fishing, however after 2 days in the Pro Angler I could easily go another day. I also paddled far further than I thought I was actually capable of. Certainly further than I could in my outback.

Thanks for a great weekend!
Old 24-11-2014, 12:45 AM
Blue Lip

Was a rather impressive stage, popped in for day one weigh in, on my way home from Perth and was a great atmosphere.
Old 24-11-2014, 01:04 AM
Mature Bream

Was a great weekend, your dead right Ian, it was a real spectacle! Huge thanks to all involved for what can only be a taste of things to come here in WA.

Big thanks to all the Eastern States guys who made the long trip over, without you guys it wouldn't be a competition, thanks!
Old 24-11-2014, 01:49 AM
Blue Lip

Your 100% Right Ian,

Hobie run a excellent very impressive comp

Im sure the Anglers would of had a great time

From what Ive seen the Hobie comps have a great atmosphere and friendliness between the anglers that others could take a look at. Its well done.

Regards Nordy

Hurricane Lures Australia

Website www.hurricanelures.com.au

Check Out Our Facebook page
Hurricane Lures Australia

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hur...79922355413407
Old 24-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Big Bream

Yep it was an excellent comp...Hobie always do a brilliant job. It was great to finally meet up with you WA boys...I really enjoyed it and hope to do it again at another comp in the near future.

cheers

clis
Old 24-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Blue Lip

By far the largest public showing I have ever seen at a bream event Australia wide. The promotion of the event was great, signs on the Hwy's flags, banners the smell of a stoked BBQ!
I really enjoyed the spectating side of things, met many guys from BM and facebook. Was a very exciting weigh in which topped off the event.

Well done to all the boys in tough fishing conditions!
Had a good yarn to Scott Lovig and he informed me this venue will be put into rotation so we will be seeing a simular event held here in WA once again which is exciting.

I don't think I sore Ben H without water up to his knees for the 2 days, well done mate your a gem of a bloke.

Had a few beers with the Eastern state lads after the event and it was nothing but praise for the location.

13 Fishing
Like us on Facebook for updates and pictures: http://www.facebook.com/13FishingAustralia?fref=ts
Old 24-11-2014, 09:18 AM
Mature Bream

Well done to all involved .
From what I saw at the Sunday weigh in it was great vibe and a great showcase for bream competition fishing .Was a very entertaining weigh in with many laughs and much suspense .
Congrats to Chris Burbidge on yet another win and well done Brett Ozanne on second and Shane Owens 4 th against the best in the land .Awesome to see three WA guys in top ten with John Sorrel in 8th as well .

Picked up my new Pa12 and cant wait to use it in the 2015 comps .
Still a handful of fully rigged competition PA12's left at great prices so call your local Getaway store for details.

Ian's going to have to find some bigger beaches for the Yak comps in 2015 with 30 plus Pa12's in the hands of local breamfishers .
Spoke to Ben about 5pm as he was still helping to pack up and wash yaks and he was nursing a very sore back but kept soldering on .Onya mate!
Cheers Brendon

Last edited by brendon; 24-11-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 24-11-2014, 09:27 AM
Fingerling

Yes Ian it was the best event, Phil and I had a great time on the getaway team.talking to all the anglers from the east and a couple from the west we had not met ,to Mat from getaway thank you.
Old 24-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Blue Lip

Certainly was a great event!

Congratulations to Chris "the magician" Burbidge, on taking home the woodwork. He has some serious skills when it comes to locating fish, and bringing them to the scales in any system. With 3 season victories and Grand final win!

The Murray/Serpentine proved to be a great system to run such an event, with plenty of space for the anglers to spread out within, and a heap of fishing options. There is no doubting, as claimed, that the fish within this system go hard!! Lost plenty of fish myself and also heard of others that had the same issues

Well done to the WA Boys, Brett,Shane, Ian and John for the placings, showing the east coasters , thats how its done in WA.

Also great to meet a few of other WA anglers, such as Callum and Colin who made there way down to the weigh in each day to support the anglers and the sport.

I am sure there were plenty of others who also attended, but i just didn't get to meet them.

Thanks WA for the hospitality, and bring on season 2015!!!

Cheers Nick
Old 24-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Big Bream

Hats off to hobie,getaway outdoors and all who helped out run the event,liked the fact it was well marked out so you couldn't miss it with the big l.e.d sign on the main hwy,the atmosphere was nothing but positive,congrats to Chris the magician,well done to our wa boys showed the Mexicans how we roll,was really good meeting all
Old 25-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Blue Lip

Well done to Steve Fields /Hobie , Getaway and all the others that helped out , certainly was the most exciting event i have been a part of and i was just a spectator.

Was great to meet everyone from around the country and all the guys were great,,first people i bumped into was Burbs and Clark and from then on kept meeting top blokes,spending time at the pub with Matt, Clisby,Rick, Dinger, Nick and a whole host of others Scotty Lovig and Scott Baker were in the first comp at Walpole in 2009/10 ,,Bakers been back since but good to see Scotty again.

Love to see the next Tournament at the Blackwood one day , its 2 hours further south and would be a bit tougher on the logistics side but every tournament fisherman needs to do him/her self a favour and experience a Wood bream bite ,if it comes back to Mandurah well it ticks all the boxes as well.

Oh and special mention to Jake Gill covering over 60 kms in the tournament is good going,,people ended up in town canals,,upper reaches of Serpentine and upper Murray ,far exceeding my expectations of how far people travel in a tournament .(I thought the town canals and big lake thing at Serpy would be definately out of range in the hours availble)

Great to see a visting angler take it out and the W.A boys are looking forward to heading east and bringing the trophy back home

Last edited by Shortytheyakker; 25-11-2014 at 11:13 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: