Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-11-2017, 12:09 AM
Big Bream

What should I pay for cheap boat

HI All,

Ive always been landbased, but thinking of getting a second hand boat. Not a bream set up, but more something I could use for bream and flathead in estuaries and in a pinch (good conditions) take it out offshore (think Port Phillip bay for snapper season or Quarantine bay out of Eden on SW sth coast). Trouble is I have absolutely no idea what sort of vessel I should look at or what my budget should be. Basically,Id like to spend less than $10k and have a boat that I can head out with a couple of people without fearing its going to sink at any minute. Should I go for a big aluminium hulled boat, or an older fibro half cabin or something else again. Should I favour bigger and older, or smaller and more modern? I understand there are a million options, but I don't have any clue about what I should rule out or consider. Advice gratefully accepted. Might be relevant to note that my mechanical skills are minimal so Id be happy to put up with a god ugly craft if it was reliable. Are there some nice old boats and motors out there that are bulletproof?

Last edited by Cortinaboy; 23-11-2017 at 12:14 AM.