Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members If you have just registered, pop in here to meet the gang.

Old 20-12-2014, 12:27 AM
Poddy Bream

Getting on the bream

Hey everyone,
The name's Cam I'm 17, turning 18 in April and have been fishing since I was 4, have caught many species in that time, but sadly only a few fish to write home about. One being a 65cm Flathead in Walkerville, another being a metre plus Wobegong from Hamilton Island and have lost many more fish. Recently I have started fishing with lures for flatties and have started getting into some egiing. Then earlier this week Pat (Broomstick) asked Alex (Mazman) and I to help him out setting some tanks up for a few experiments for his PHD and in return he took us out bream fishing with HB's, this was a first for me and what can I say.... I am absolutely addicted for the last 3 days it has been all I could think about!!!! I only have a few lures right now but looking to start up a decent collection!!!! Bought a ecogear sx40f and absolutely love the swimming action and a Chubby Floater as well which looks absolutely fantastic. We didn't even catch a bream but I managed two salmon one around the 100mm mark and one at less than 80mm which was a bit of fun! I have a Stradic CI4+ 2500 and a Nitro Innovator Ultralight 662 1-3kg rod which I think will do me for a little while!
SO far this forum has been amazing I have learnt so much and hope to be able to contribute in the near future!
So thanks in advance for any future help
Tight lines
Cam
Old 20-12-2014, 01:13 AM
Blue Lip

Welcome Cam.

Breamin can get to be a serious addiction - be careful lol

Hopefully you and Alex can hook up with me on one of my Tuesday nights. Can never guarantee fish but happy to have a flick (buy a micro vibe or two for the docks - ju015tl is the pick of the colours for there).

Your combo sounds perfect - what line you running?
Old 20-12-2014, 01:41 AM
Poddy Bream

Definitely mate!!! Will be great to finally catch up! And yeah micro-vibes are one of the next lures I want to get.
At the moment 15lb power pro bite-motion (way, way way too heavy) but I used it mainly for squid and some SP's for snapper, have a 3000 sized spool coming and will swap the power pro to that and will put some 6lb braid onto the 2500 sized spool. Possibly Stren, Sunline, YGK or something along that quality line
Cam
Old 20-12-2014, 03:25 AM
Big Bream

Welcome mate! Cheers for your help Friday, it was much appreciated. That elusive first bream won't be far away..
Old 20-12-2014, 04:47 AM
Blue Lip

Hi Cam,

Welcome to a bream addicts club

Do not hesitate to ask the guys here for the advice and opinion. It would make some of your future purchases much easier (line, leader, lures, rods, reels etc).

Cheers and tight lines.

Alex

Monster Miki Addict
Old 20-12-2014, 05:50 AM
Blue Lip

hey Cam,

welcome to Bream Master buddy. sounds like you have a handle on whats going on already so you will be into it soon enough. hope to see some pics from your successes soon mate.
Old 20-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Poddy Bream

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone, so much to learn on this forum and as always the search button is being my best friend at the moment hahaha don't say that Modified knowing my luck ot could be many trips till I finally crack the first hahaha, but hopefully not!
thanks Alex already made one post with a couple of questions and can't wait to read some of the answers!!!!
And thanks Pat, more than likely will be on a trip with you, well at least hopefully as you were the one who has sent me into this downwards spiral of addiction
Cam
Old 21-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Big Bream

Welcome alex and cam.
Kiss your spare money goodbye. And enjoy the feeling of fishing 3 and 4 lb leaders.
If I were you boy's. Id but the starter pack dave is selling and share it
Cheers
Old 23-12-2014, 05:58 AM
Poddy Bream

hey look, some familiar names!

I think a bream session should be organised to get us newbies on to some bream cam!
Old 23-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple5ive View Post
Welcome alex and cam.
Kiss your spare money goodbye. And enjoy the feeling of fishing 3 and 4 lb leaders.
If I were you boy's. Id but the starter pack dave is selling and share it
Cheers
That pack sold Steve - went pretty quick once I stuck it up on facey. Cams picked up some premium lures from the classifieds by the looks of things.

Throwing $20 lures on 4lb leader got to be in it to win it
Old 23-12-2014, 07:29 AM
Poddy Bream

For sure Damon!!!!!
And yeah was about to send sloth a pm just before I saw he'd sold the pack on FB, happy with what I ended up with at $9 a lure, that being said may stick to 6lb for around the sticks for now
Also going to grab some hurricane lures and some HoP's to so I can cover most any situation!
Cam
PB flatty on lure: 58cm
PB Bream on lure: 37cm
Old 23-12-2014, 12:02 PM
Blue Lip

You'll be right with the lures you've got. You picked up some good packs.

I use to fish 6lb because I thought 4lb was too light but now I'm used to it I fish 4lb everywhere - even at the docks. Can't say I'm getting busted off more and I'm a firm believer in "go light for the bite". For fishing hards I prefer going fc straight through though - I leave the braid for SP and blades unless I'm being lazy (or in a yak).

If you haven't already it's worth investing in a tackleback or similar lure retriever.
Old 23-12-2014, 08:12 PM
Big Bream

The only worth while tip I can give is
If you want to catch bream easily on a regular basis. Move to sydney..or prepare to travel to gippsland and beyond.
With les it all depends on how much confidence you have with particular styles and brands. And also how much you want to spend. Best bet is to buy serving hand ones from here.
Minnow patterns are best locally...
Crankas, atomics, strikepro, etc are the go to lures
I also just noticed in DohDohDoh bushys new lure range. This might be the cheapest alternative if they do work that is.
I find fishing with hardboys more fun than plastics....

Once you have the money to spend.
Osp, daiwa, jackall, etc are gun lures. But you will cry a lot more when you loose one

Last edited by purple5ive; 23-12-2014 at 08:19 PM.
Old 23-12-2014, 08:30 PM
Poddy Bream

Yeah travelling to Gippy is no worries for me, I sped a reasonable amount of time down there already and absolutely love that part of the world!
In regards to the lures, thanks for the advice, may need to check out the bushy range, if not will probably just stock up on Jackalls, Ecogears, Daiwa (You'll be happy Steve) and Hurricane as well as a stack of SP's such as Zman's or the Hooked on Plastics ones for when the going gets tough!
Cam
PB flatty on lure: 58cm
PB Bream on lure: 37cm
Old 23-12-2014, 09:09 PM
Big Bream

Haha. As I said before. You will come to see why daiwa is my favourite very soon.
Get used to fishing really light. Even 1/8th can feel massive when going fir beam.
I would go for a much smaller reel nexf time around too.
Cheers and good luck