Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Welcome New Members

Welcome New Members If you have just registered, pop in here to meet the gang.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2017, 11:28 PM
Fingerling

Greetings from the WA Murray

Hi everyone,

I’ve just joined up- thanks Ian Sewell!

I’m a Trout flyfishing tragic, but since I’ve been living in North Yunderup on the Murray River in WA, I’ve become interested in catching Bream and other species, particularly on fly.

I’ve discovered they’re tricky buggers, and a challenge to get them to even consider eating a fly, but I’m starting to get somewhere.

I attended the weigh in of the Breammasters comp on the Murray recently, and caught up with Ian again after many years- good to see you again mate!

It was a tough comp as we had a huge fish kill in the Murray a couple of weeks before and more than 3.5K fish died. I hope they find out the cause and put measures in place to make sure it happens less frequently if they can.

It was inspiring and informative watching the guys and girls fish from their kayaks, and great to hear the info they passed on at the weigh in- they shared so much about where and how they fished I learnt a lot about the River and catching Bream from it just from that alone.

The Breammasters forums are great too, so looking forward to lurking here a lot.

So while I’m saving up for a couple of kayaks, I’ll keep plugging away with the flies I tie and fish from my tinny, which works pretty well.

All the best,

Mike