Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Boats > Hulls

Hulls Come in here to find info on that next boat you buy…

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 27-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top ender View Post
Guys thanks for the replies so far.
So far looks like I will be investing in a 80lb.
I spoke to the dealer again today I have ordered a dual battery system for the boat already, if I go the 80lb he told me I can get a twin battery tray for the deep cycle batteries under the front casting deck so the boat will have a total of four batteries. Two at the back two up front.
I also have ordered a front plumbed live well under the casting deck.
Will the boat be front heavy if the live well is full?
How do you guys think the boat will perform with that amount of weight not to mention all the usual fishing gear you normally take along.

Why do you need 4 batteries?

You could always look into the latest battery technology, lithionics (I think thats what its called) Its pricey but light weight and could save you some troubles with weight?
How much do you think you will use the boat? Do you think you'll use the electric to drift with the current and wind and using the electric just to keep a straight drift? Or do you imagine trying to hold you boat on a dime into a 20knt breeze and a stiff current while trying to cast tight into structure?
I'd personally like a bigger electric so I can fish ocean walls and high flow current areas for hours on end. Mind you the 55lb I pilot does a pretty good job..

www.crankalures.com
Old 27-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Big Bream

I have a Makocraft Frenzy which is quite a bit heavier with a 55lb when flicking in estuaries and stuff never used over number 4 power (goes up to 10) when trolling for trout I find number 6-7 works well to get the lures working correctly at the right speed. I find the 55lb ample power, I can afford the extra coin for a 80lb but just couldn't justify it, I would never need it. I reckon if you were fishing those really fast tidal systems up the top end when it runs crazy fast the 80lb would be justifiable. I actually think the lower power the better it gives me more acurrate fine tuning of the boats speed at 1-2kph while working a rocky ledge or a drop off. Go 55!
Old 27-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by hds View Post
If you can TOPENDER get the sales guy to show you where they will mount the batteries/tray for the electric before you order the leccy motor. The reason I say this is because on my 470 (2010 model) has bugger all room up under the casting deck apart from where your livewell will be as the flared bow/millenium hull combo encroaches severly on forward storage areas unlike a hornet which basically has a gunwhale height casting deck. Having said that they may have changed the layout of the boat since I bought mine. One other thing my factory livewell was very poorly designed (no baffle or inner splash lip) which caused heaps of water to slosh into the hull so I had one welded up out of aluminium and threw the factory one in the bin.
Hi hds, by the photos I have seen of the 2012 model top ender they look almost identical as previous years. The smaller hatch does look small to be able to fit two batteries I might have to discuss this further with the dealer.
Hopefully the live bait tank issue will be rectified as it seems like a common problem, I have heard of this happening before.
Old 27-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by forsterfisho View Post
Why do you need 4 batteries?

You could always look into the latest battery technology, lithionics (I think thats what its called) Its pricey but light weight and could save you some troubles with weight?
How much do you think you will use the boat? Do you think you'll use the electric to drift with the current and wind and using the electric just to keep a straight drift? Or do you imagine trying to hold you boat on a dime into a 20knt breeze and a stiff current while trying to cast tight into structure?
I'd personally like a bigger electric so I can fish ocean walls and high flow current areas for hours on end. Mind you the 55lb I pilot does a pretty good job..
Hi mate, reason for dual batteries not including batteries for leccy is a lot of my fishing involves live baiting which means up to two live bait tanks running up to 6 hours plus, sounder ect will drain a single battery. That's why I'm trying to decide if I really need a 80lb at the cost of adding two batteries for the leccy.
I intend to use the boat a lot at least once a week. If my last boat was to go by I bought it brand new and after owning it for 6 years I clocked up 740 hours. It was a Yamaha 40 4 stroke and never missed a beat.
Old 27-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Fingerling

Guys I'm not sure if it makes a differance but I'm planning to use the eletric in Sydney harbour, botany bay and surrounds most of the time.
I'm not sure how the currents compare with other areas where you guys with 55lb and 80lb leccys are fishing.

Cheers
Old 27-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Fingerling

Hey TOPENDER if the small hatch is where they intend to put the dual batteries i think theyll really stuggle to fit them in there. In my top ender i've got a small 12L bucket and 3 lifejackets and she's full but as I said ask the dealer coz they may of done a boat like yours before...
Old 27-07-2012, 07:49 PM
Poddy Bream

I have the same boat - although the 2012 470 Top ender mate. Thought I'd show you some ideas for improvements. The Yamaha 70 pushes it along just fine & the 55lb iPilot works effortlessly in most swells & winds. I've had it hold against 10knot tides + 10/15 knots of wind. Hope you enjoy, pefect runabout for Sydney Harbour.

http://www.fishingtownsvilleforum.ne...p=43841#p43841

http://www.fishingtownsvilleforum.ne...p=56323#p56323
Old 28-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
I have the same boat - although the 2012 470 Top ender mate. Thought I'd show you some ideas for improvements. The Yamaha 70 pushes it along just fine & the 55lb iPilot works effortlessly in most swells & winds. I've had it hold against 10knot tides + 10/15 knots of wind. Hope you enjoy, pefect runabout for Sydney Harbour.

http://www.fishingtownsvilleforum.ne...p=43841#p43841

http://www.fishingtownsvilleforum.ne...p=56323#p56323

Cheers for that Wario, your boat looks great.
Its been just over 5 weeks now since i ordered the boat and i still dont have a date of pick up. Time seems to be going so slow but hopefully i should have the boat within the next couple of weeks. Im sure its worth the wait.
What top speed do you get at WOT with the yamaha?
Have you spent much time fishing in open waters if so how does the boat perform?
Most of my fishing will be inside but when conditions are good i want to be able to fish outside.

Thanks mate.
Old 28-07-2012, 07:17 AM
Blue Lip

This Michael C???

If it is I would reccoment a 70-80lbs for sure. Also depends on what you will use it most for, Jew or bream?

If its mainly for bream in close to structure a cable steer is much better because you have instant change in direction, not sure how it would go on a topender though. A ipilot might be better for the jew fishing.

My boat only has a 70lb leccy and its plenty. Its about 5.7mtr
Cheers
Chris

Yes I want a hamburger!!! god!!!

Last edited by Bobby Bass; 28-07-2012 at 07:20 AM.
Old 28-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top ender View Post
Cheers for that Wario, your boat looks great.
Its been just over 5 weeks now since i ordered the boat and i still dont have a date of pick up. Time seems to be going so slow but hopefully i should have the boat within the next couple of weeks. Im sure its worth the wait.
What top speed do you get at WOT with the yamaha?
Have you spent much time fishing in open waters if so how does the boat perform?
Most of my fishing will be inside but when conditions are good i want to be able to fish outside.

Thanks mate.
On dead flat water I can hit roughly 50km/h mate. I fish all around the Whitsunday Islands (Airlie Beach is home) so the waters vary from flat to VERY choppy (1m+ swells) in the Island Passage & the boat handles everything with ease. I don't go out in more than 15knots of wind though as we get bad combinations of wind against tide here that produce dangerous seas around the islands. I've taken it to the Great Barrier Reef once (65kms out) but it was dead flat. I'm sure you'll enjoy it mate. Great package.
Old 28-07-2012, 11:36 PM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Bass View Post
This Michael C???

If it is I would reccoment a 70-80lbs for sure. Also depends on what you will use it most for, Jew or bream?

If its mainly for bream in close to structure a cable steer is much better because you have instant change in direction, not sure how it would go on a topender though. A ipilot might be better for the jew fishing.

My boat only has a 70lb leccy and its plenty. Its about 5.7mtr
Cheers
Chris
Hi mate, I have made up my mind and will be going 80lb ipilot.
Will be used for a range from bream to Jew to pelagics.
Also it's not Michael

Cheers.
Old 28-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Fingerling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wario View Post
On dead flat water I can hit roughly 50km/h mate. I fish all around the Whitsunday Islands (Airlie Beach is home) so the waters vary from flat to VERY choppy (1m+ swells) in the Island Passage & the boat handles everything with ease. I don't go out in more than 15knots of wind though as we get bad combinations of wind against tide here that produce dangerous seas around the islands. I've taken it to the Great Barrier Reef once (65kms out) but it was dead flat. I'm sure you'll enjoy it mate. Great package.
Hi Wario,
Thanks for the feedback.
I would of thought the 70 yammy would of been around 60km/h at WOT?
I will post up some pics once I get my boat.

Cheers.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:51 AM
Mature Bream

Hi Topender (if you are still around), or others with similar setups.

I have been away from Bream Master for a while due to a change of fishing focus, but the lure (pardon the pun) of casting lures for Bream and EP's has brought me back.

I am currently looking to sell my Quintrex Escape with a 90 Etec and down size slightly to a top ender or renegade to suit lure casting better.

How has your 481 with the 70 Yamaha performed? Are you happy with the power of the 70? What is your top speed?

I like the look of the 440 Renegade or 450 Topender with a 70 Yamaha or 75 Etec on the back.

Pflueger Trion 2-4kg 701LT, Shimano Stradic 2500 Ci4

PB Bream - 37cm TTF, Tilsan Bass
PB Estuary Perch - 48cm TTF, Rebel Crawdad
PB Flathead - 71cm, TT Switchblade
Old 11-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Blue Lip

Definately check out the Frenzy

www.breammaster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27156

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacer420 View Post

I have been away from Bream Master for a while due to a change of fishing focus, but the lure (pardon the pun) of casting lures for Bream and EP's has brought me back.

I am currently looking to sell my Quintrex Escape with a 90 Etec and down size slightly to a top ender or renegade to suit lure casting better.

How has your 481 with the 70 Yamaha performed? Are you happy with the power of the 70? What is your top speed?

I like the look of the 440 Renegade or 450 Topender with a 70 Yamaha or 75 Etec on the back.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:54 PM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacer420 View Post

Hi Mate,

I have a 490 topender with only a 60hp 4 stroke yammy. Get 54kmh @ wot.

Awesome boat though from breaming to out wide, great crossover boat!

i think the 440 renegade has a max of 60hp?

Have a look at aussie renegade owners page on face book, heaps of good info on top speed at wot from different set ups.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: