Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 05-07-2018, 12:09 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
love throwing a suspending white Smith Jade into a black bream
That's a pretty accurate cast
Old 05-07-2018, 04:16 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr perch View Post
About half of my 70 odd surface EP lures are white, my go to Mulloway plastic is also white.
Yeah its rare to find a fish without a white belly
Old 05-07-2018, 04:19 AM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
love throwing a suspending white Smith Jade into a black bream
I was wondering when bream were going to get a mention - I've noticed my live mullet get alot paler after getting caught - could be stress or them just adjusting to the colour of my white bucket.
Old 17-07-2018, 09:43 AM
Mature Bream

last week the only thing bream would hit were white grub style plastics
white is my all time favourite colour for bream lures
Old 17-07-2018, 09:06 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirvin21 View Post
last week the only thing bream would hit were white grub style plastics
white is my all time favourite colour for bream lures
Yeah thats interesting

What sort of conditions were you fishing - I mean was it a sand bottom or mud - in the pylons, on a rock wall or sand flats -were you fishing off the bottom - was the water muddy or clear etc

And what brand and size lure were you using?

I havent tried white plastic for bream yet so I'm keen for any tips on where they work best
Old 18-07-2018, 02:03 AM
Blue Lip

Used to have a white deep jackall chubby. Was my go to lure in dirty water. Just something about getting your chubby into dirty water the bream loved it.
Old 18-07-2018, 09:09 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Yeah thats interesting

What sort of conditions were you fishing - I mean was it a sand bottom or mud - in the pylons, on a rock wall or sand flats -were you fishing off the bottom - was the water muddy or clear etc

And what brand and size lure were you using?

I havent tried white plastic for bream yet so I'm keen for any tips on where they work best
fished upper and lower river, mostly casting the edges most of the fish came from sand and mud banks, working the plastics with slow twitches and pause along the bottom, we also got a few on the oyster racks again on the white grubs and they completely ignored the cranka crabs, the water was about average clarity nothing seemed different on the day except how fussy the fish were
I was running 8lb braid and fluorocarbon leader
my mate was running 4lb braid and 6lb fluorocarbon leader
plastics were zman grubz 2.5" shimmer pearl colour
Old 18-07-2018, 11:09 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
fished upper and lower river, mostly casting the edges most of the fish came from sand and mud banks, working the plastics with slow twitches and pause along the bottom, we also got a few on the oyster racks again on the white grubs and they completely ignored the cranka crabs, the water was about average clarity nothing seemed different on the day except how fussy the fish were
I was running 8lb braid and fluorocarbon leader
my mate was running 4lb braid and 6lb fluorocarbon leader
plastics were zman grubz 2.5" shimmer pearl colour
Thanks heaps for that - the details are much appreciated. Sounds like they work any where you chuck them.

I've noticed alot of guys using the Zman grubs lately - might have to grab a pack and see if I can unleash the magic within.

Do the Zmans have a scent on them?
--------------------------------------------edit--------------------------------------------------

Just looked up a description of them - that buoyant tail sounds good - sounds like it would also aid with a slower sink rate

"ZMan brought the curly tail plastic back to life and into a new era with their 10X Tough, buoyant, super-soft and flexible ElaZtech construction. This gave new life to the curly tail, creating maximum action, even with minimal movement and at slow retrieve speeds. The built-in buoyancy also gave the ZMan GrubZ range a seductive tail-up action on the drop and a natural tail-up feeding action when at rest on the bottom, over time accounting for an incredible variety of fish species. Add to this the 10X Tough construction and you have a plastic that can be smashed and crunched time and time again, even by toothy critters and keep coming back for more.

Last edited by yellow door 1; 18-07-2018 at 11:15 PM.
Old 19-07-2018, 09:08 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow door 1 View Post
Thanks heaps for that - the details are much appreciated. Sounds like they work any where you chuck them.

I've noticed alot of guys using the Zman grubs lately - might have to grab a pack and see if I can unleash the magic within.

Do the Zmans have a scent on them?
--------------------------------------------edit--------------------------------------------------

Just looked up a description of them - that buoyant tail sounds good - sounds like it would also aid with a slower sink rate

"ZMan brought the curly tail plastic back to life and into a new era with their 10X Tough, buoyant, super-soft and flexible ElaZtech construction. This gave new life to the curly tail, creating maximum action, even with minimal movement and at slow retrieve speeds. The built-in buoyancy also gave the ZMan GrubZ range a seductive tail-up action on the drop and a natural tail-up feeding action when at rest on the bottom, over time accounting for an incredible variety of fish species. Add to this the 10X Tough construction and you have a plastic that can be smashed and crunched time and time again, even by toothy critters and keep coming back for more.
no scent on them, I put sfactor on them, they swim really well on light weights I use a 1/20th head for most of my plastics fishing
Old 19-07-2018, 09:10 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren63 View Post
Used to have a white deep jackall chubby. Was my go to lure in dirty water. Just something about getting your chubby into dirty water the bream loved it.
Yeah I dont think I've ever thrown a white bibbed minnow - they make sense though
Old 19-07-2018, 09:14 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
no scent on them, I put sfactor on them, they swim really well on light weights I use a 1/20th head for most of my plastics fishing
Ok cool - thanks for that - I might have to snip a bit of lead of my 1/16ths
Old 30-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Blue Lip

Barra are quite partial to a drop bear slickrig! And various other big paddle tails in white are also very effective, more often than not white is the first colour plastic that gets tied on!
Old 30-07-2018, 11:19 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Yeah I just typed "Australian Bait Fish" into google images - its very hard to find one that doesnt have white as part of its colour scheme.

Sure theres other bottom dwelling prey items that very rarely show their white bellies - but if you are imitating a schooling bait fish - white doesnt sound like too bad an option
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 693.jpg (95.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 31-07-2018, 06:57 AM
Poddy Bream

Have had really good results using white for Jewfish. I don't know why but it's out fished every other colors I've used.
Old 31-07-2018, 10:54 PM
LEGEND Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMc View Post
Have had really good results using white for Jewfish. I don't know why but it's out fished every other colors I've used.
Yeah I've done a bit of experimenting with different colours for Jewies - but i always seem to go back something that looks like a mullet
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 990.jpg (16.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg 989.jpg (74.9 KB, 33 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: