Go Back   Bream Master Forums > National SportFishing Scene > NSW Scene

Old 11-05-2004, 12:08 AM

This is the flats we fished next to racks, I like this shot.

We never saw bream cruising but they were there. We just hopped light jigs across this weed and caught nearly 40 bream doing this on day two.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg web-05.jpg (41.2 KB, 456 views)
Old 11-05-2004, 12:11 AM

One of the fish we caught spat this out, ehehehe can't imagine why 2 inch Berkleys with scales were working!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg web-01.jpg (52.6 KB, 449 views)
Old 11-05-2004, 12:19 AM
Ecogear Distributor

Forster - bream heaven

Thanks Ira, That is a good photo. Actually it is the first time I see the paint job too. Pretty impressive myself too for the hard work Lance has done to the boat.

It is my first bream and it is at Forster!!! I have to say that it is complete different style of bream fishing in Queensland. I have to say that I need more practice on rack fishing. You need to control the fish with the rod a lot. I have been blowing away 4-5 times on the first day. I think I need to get use to that style of fishing before fish there again

However I really have good time over there and meet lots of new tournament friends and top anglers. It is a pitty that I haven't had chance to say hello to you Ira. Maybe next time

Overall I think it is a good comp and good learning experiences for me.

happy fishing
Old 11-05-2004, 02:47 AM

Top stuff ira, it is a magic place.
Best thing is - i live like an hour drive from it
How does walpole compare to forster ira u reckon?
few breambusters on the wish list now hey mate?
Old 11-05-2004, 03:37 AM

Hey soft bream, you lucky bugger I'd love to fish it more it was a great place to fish, loved the surface stuff, an awesome system.

How does Walpole compare? Well for numbers and size of bream Walpole would win hands down, even after two years of guys fishing it with lures you can still have 100 fish days between two dudes or dudettes. When I took Dave there it was a random day and we got 17 in the first drift of the day and I'm talking like all good fish. We got 70 all up and a few over 40cm. Bags of five would have all been over 36cm fish and a few 40's.

Walpole bream hit harder and pull harder than alot of WA spots because they live in a full salt water / full tidal system so they are probably the closest thing we have to eastern yellow fin bream.

Forster is bigger though and the racks are mad, pound for pound eastern yellows pull harder, of that there is no doubt. We are lucky though as many of our places don't get the pressure that your systems see which is our saving grace. They both have their good pionts but man those Forster bream are the most brutal I've come across so far. They are more like bass than bream!
Old 11-05-2004, 05:43 AM

man i want those boats
Old 11-05-2004, 05:44 AM

and fish. i so wanna fish some oyster racks at some stage, but i know if i do hook up i will bust him off around an oyster, like i always do
Old 20-05-2004, 06:50 AM
Your Friendly Moderator

Jeeze I've been slack lately

Just got some more pics sent down from Steve Morgan so I thought I'd put them up

I've gotta hand a big thanks to Ira for making it a ripper trip, just as long as he doesn't mention beer runs at 10pm..........

Also, thanks to Ian Miller for loaning a couple of rods for Ira to use, he was a pretty happy camper, and I think Ira got well and truly sick of me saying "dude, I've never cast a 1/32 this far before"............ gotta love that Ultra Finesse

Here's the two boys doing their thing, can anyone see the oyster racks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fishindown.jpg (22.1 KB, 304 views)

Never get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life!

Team BreamMaster Member
Old 20-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Your Friendly Moderator

I think the comment when this shot was taken went something along the lines of " Hey Ira, ever heard of camoflauge?"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fishin.jpg (18.5 KB, 303 views)

Team BreamMaster Member
Old 20-05-2004, 06:58 AM
Your Friendly Moderator

Two mad stylin' dudes at the presentation, that's the beginning of the Estuary over Ira's shoulder, we weren't too far past there
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stagework.jpg (19.1 KB, 300 views)

Team BreamMaster Member
Old 20-05-2004, 06:58 AM

Hahhaha I didn't realise how yellow I looked!
Old 20-05-2004, 07:02 AM
Mature Bream

Hey i thought it was bad luck to take a banana on board (no offence Ira)

Nice pics though

Josh

VISIT MY BLOG : www.indepthangler.com LIKE US ON FACEBOOK : http://www.facebook.com/indepthangler
Old 01-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Poddy Bream

Some great pics their thats for sure.. I would love to do something like this.. You say you catch upto 100 fish per day I so have to get my mrs under my thumb like those 2 old guys and start fishing nearly everyday!!
Those Surface shots are great.. I really cant wait for my Home Made fizzers are finished and give it a go..

Thumbs up Ira Fehlberg
Old 01-06-2004, 04:58 AM
Poddy Bream

Tremendous effort to both Ira and Dave W. A very nice read indeed and this thread has certainly encouraged me into experimenting with surface poppers amongst the racks. Hope to see you there next year (that is if i can find a way to get their).

DAN
Old 07-06-2004, 01:54 AM
Mature Bream

Bit late I know, but I've only just caught this thread and I have to say great report Ira, and great pics too! Love the one of the two ol'fella's, top shot!

Pukka