Go Back   Bream Master Forums > General Bream Forums > Bream Anglers Tavern

Bream Anglers Tavern Drop in here if you're just surfing with a beer in your hand. Good place to just hang out...

Old 02-03-2018, 03:04 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik View Post
They were probably chasing a sponsorship.
They had sponsorship - but just keeping sponsors happy with content submissions.
Old 02-03-2018, 03:58 AM
Mature Bream

It certainly took some body hits due to the great website crash of 2017, and I did think it was cooked. But there seems to have been a mini-revival in the last couple months. A major Tassie site died a slow death during the same period unfortunately
Old 02-03-2018, 06:11 AM
Mature Bream

It looks like the viewer count for the threads has been fixed. It's no longer replies+1 on the count.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:42 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slazmo View Post
They had sponsorship - but just keeping sponsors happy with content submissions.
lets be fair here, personal sponsership is out of control, first up the lure manufacturers post on here for "pro staffers" etc etc, then you cant read a post where someone is asking for advice that doesn't lead to a queue of these Pro staffers punting there respective sponsers products, now yes they have to do this to keep their discounts so they can strut around wearing the "shirt" but seriously its to much "in the face" and puts people off. JMO
Old 02-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Blue Lip

You have a good point there John!
Old 03-03-2018, 05:27 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Osborne View Post
lets be fair here, personal sponsership is out of control, first up the lure manufacturers post on here for "pro staffers" etc etc, then you cant read a post where someone is asking for advice that doesn't lead to a queue of these Pro staffers punting there respective sponsers products, now yes they have to do this to keep their discounts so they can strut around wearing the "shirt" but seriously its to much "in the face" and puts people off. JMO
Yes this was pretty annoying.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Mature Bream

That guy that used to constantly post up about Phenix rods uses to make me want to stick needles in my eyes so I wouldnt have to ever see the dribble!
Ive been a member for over 10 years I think. Not a huge postes but uses to love the valuable knowledge and the responses you would get when a question is asked.
My guess is facebook and other social media takes traffic away from here.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Blue Lip

Quote:
Originally Posted by donga View Post
That guy that used to constantly post up about Phenix rods uses to make me want to stick needles in my eyes so I wouldnt have to ever see the dribble!
http://www.breammaster.com/forum/sho...ght=curado+200
Old 04-03-2018, 05:36 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by donga View Post
Ive been a member for over 10 years I think. Not a huge postes but uses to love the valuable knowledge and the responses you would get when a question is asked.
My guess is facebook and other social media takes traffic away from here.
"Dribble", you are way too polite! I have never read so much shite in all my life!
Old 04-03-2018, 06:01 AM
Big Bream

Martin Lo, never forget the name!
Old 08-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Blue Lip

Its all been said just about I reckon! Website crashes, facebook and instagram and for me personally moving onto bigger and different species have all played a part! Being the first time I've popped my head in in probably 12 months its nice to see a lot of the old names I used to see however the content is vastly different - a lot less fish being posted and a lot more 'stuff'. Perhaps due to the change in clientele or just the old heads moving on, who knows. But I spent many years on here every day and I hope it continues so others can enjoy it as much as I once did!
Old 09-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Poddy Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarner447 View Post
Just curious as to what has happened here? Is it just me that thinks this site has died or do more agree? Why has it died? Can it be brough back to life? This site use to be such a great place for info and i myself used to post an average 6 times a day but now nearly never....so lets hear peoples opinions to why they think it died....thats if anyone even reads this...
My personal experience has been hit & miss to be honest. Let me explain.

So I joined the forum in an effort to read and learn. I didn't really post much as I had no clue what I was doing both as a Bream fisherman and also how the site works, I still struggle to produce a decent post and much thanks to "Yellow Door" who has provided heaps of advice and I am feel I am getting better.

Any how, I posted a few of my YouTube vid's to see how they would go. I know that lots of crew from Bream Master have watched them from this site as it shows up the percentage of views from traffic sources in my YouTube analytics's. How ever I wasn't getting a whole lot of interaction on my posts and that was really disappointing to be honest as I am not fussed about the views, I am keen to learn. At the start I only posted links to the vids and I got a little bit of interaction with some great advice, I was keen to learn more about Bream fishing from the wealth of knowledge on here and as my vids show, I am only new and leaning the sport. So in an effort to gain more interaction on this site I dedicated some time (lots as I had to learn to use the site) to producing a better post including a story, with pics and links to the vids I had made. I grouped a few vids onto one post so I wasn't spamming the site and hoped to gain some interaction. Well it back fired, I had the same views from this site to the vids on YouTube as shown in the YouTube analytics's, so I know crew are watching the vids from this forum but for some reason I lost interaction on my post, Yellow Door is working hard to make people feel welcome and help out. However crew, when you spend a day putting up a post (mostly because your learning to use the site) you hope to gain more interaction than just the moderators. Ill be trying again today with a new vid and a PB recorded in my story and I ll see how we go? Maybe Ill get 3 replies on my post?

Sorry guys, I am usually very positive but this got me going a bit, any advice will be much appreciated.

MHX 720 Custom 6'
Shimano Sienna 1000
Glide Reflections modified

RIP(on the bottom of the Collie River)
Shimano Bushy Lurelegend 5'10"
Daiwa Sweepfire 2500
Old 09-03-2018, 08:08 PM
Poddy Bream

This is a very interesting.
This is my first visit for about six weeks but before that I've been away for so long I totally missed the site crash.
I've been a member since 2002 and I agree those were the days, lots of info and laughs to be had.
My major reason for visiting less was when I would log on and browse through new posts and they would be 80% some one selling gear, breammaster went from a forum to ebay for fishing gear.
I admit I did get one or two deals on some lures but it just became ridiculous the amount of "for sale" posts. In connection with this was the amount of my gear is better than your gear slanging matches that was also a big turn off.
I think it was a mistake to include a classifieds section in the forum I would be interested to know how or why it was allowed.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:11 PM
Poddy Bream

Just a quick note

Hi crew

I’ve been thinking hard on this since yesterday. 50 views on my latest post, I know most of those are probably from guests but if your a member it’s very encouraging to have someone just post a comment to show they appreciated your efforts. I think we can all improve on this, thoughts crew?

MHX 720 Custom 6'
Shimano Sienna 1000
Glide Reflections modified

RIP(on the bottom of the Collie River)
Shimano Bushy Lurelegend 5'10"
Daiwa Sweepfire 2500
Old 10-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Big Bream

well at least this thread is still alive. I do agree with the gear slagging comment Kevvy, and Collie Yak, hang in their bud the bream scene can appear very secretive and fickle at times.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: