Yes for team comp 18 64.29%
No for team comp 2 7.14%
Yes for individual comp 8 28.57%
no for individual 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-04-2005, 01:48 AM
Fingerling

thanks a heap will, its ppl like u that stop these events happening, as we said earlier im just putting the feelers out to see wat happens we have nothing confirmed as yet, we(the guys doin all the legwork)will let u know as soon as we work out wats happenen with insurance.bear, roughly wat would the policy cost when u have water ionvolved? probably some huge amount that wont happen.
Old 13-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Mature Bream

Theo,

What you doing in my user? LOL

anyway insurance issue AGAIN ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........

this is where i need your input guys plz HELP ME!

What we can do is.....

Get ABT in....

We can be coverd by Ellwood angling club (will let us use what they have... We would be coverd by them..all they want out of this is some more members)

so what will it be?

Cheers Ben
Old 13-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Fishing Tragic

Guys,
I'm not trying to stop this happening, I'm just trying to get through that this sin't as simple as it seems and for VERY good reasons.

The best thing would be to get in with a Club as you have suggested.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BreamOnFly/
----------------------------------------------
http://www.breammaster.com/images/bea001.jpg
Old 13-04-2005, 02:11 AM
Mature Bream

Bear,

Yes thanks i'm looking into it!

I have some one lined up... just keeping things open!

Cheers Ben
Old 13-04-2005, 02:13 AM
Big Bream

What do you mean thanks a heap Will 10 . He was expressing his concern at the posability that some one hurts them selves at the weigh in or what ever you call it . Look are you setting up a comp or social ?. If it is more of a social don't call it VicSuperPunts. When you decide to think literally and get back to the public and let us know. If some one is concerned about loosing everything they have worked bloody hard to achieve is an issue then forget the idea VicSuperPunts. Where do you want to go with this . No disrespect but Will10 is a friend and I can fully understand where he is coming from. Think about what you are doing or trying too. One minute it is a social the next it is a comp the next it is a social . Set your plans in stone and work from there !!. There is no way I would risk loosing everything for a social that is orginised. Hence you are responsible. Just my thoughts and concerns.
Troy
Old 13-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Blue Lip

we arent sure yet troy thats why nothing is confirmed, i think we hVE WORKED out that there is an issue with insurance , its been said time and time again, so we need ur help ppl instead of being concerned about falling over if u want this thing to go ahead help us.
Old 13-04-2005, 02:37 AM
Blue Lip

thanks bear, can u give us a ball park of ur wat ur insurance costs are for ur super punts, does it have to be regestered as a business
Old 13-04-2005, 02:43 AM
Mature Bream

Theo,

We dont need to know how much it costs!
Old 13-04-2005, 02:48 AM
Big Bream

I think you might want to take into consideration what Bear had to say. Think about before yu ruin it for everyone.
Troy
Old 13-04-2005, 02:49 AM
Mature Bream

Troy,

I hope that wasnt aimed at ME....
Old 13-04-2005, 02:58 AM
Blue Lip

Quote:
I think you might want to take into consideration what Bear had to say. Think about before yu ruin it for everyone.
wat troy i came up with this idea, i just asked how much incase we need it(insurance) it turns out if we go under elwood angling club we all need to be members but their insurance will cover it all.
Old 13-04-2005, 04:19 AM
Blue Lip

I think this is getting tooo complicated.
I reckon you guys are doing a good job at trying to orgenise this but your trying to hard to please everyone. You dont have to take my words into consideration but keep it simple have the locations ect official but when it comes to prizes,sponcers ect just leave them out for now.
I wouldnt go under the title VicSuperPunts because your taking it away from its original idea. Its a social event call it Vic Social Punts or something....

If you really really need to get prizes why cant we do something as say a group of friends chipping in to buy a trophy and whoeva wins gets the trophy.
I think you guys are being pushed by too many people and taking in too many ideas then you can handle no offence.

Like i said you dont have to listen to what i have to say and i realise im doing what everyone else is doing by adding my view but i spose were all trying to help out and i understand instead of people saying this isnt gonna work and that aint gonna work wouldnt help so it might be better if people give these guys a hand in any way they can rather then say its not happening.
If i can help at all please go ahead and ask.

Associated with:

www.jiggyjigs.com
"gettin jiggy with it"
Old 17-04-2005, 10:04 PM
Banned

I'm with Dagga.

Maybe before you guy's have a super punt's comp, IMO, I think it would be a geat idea if you guy's had a LANDBASED social comp first just to see how it goe's. If this idea turns out well, have the super punt's comp!

JMO.

Last edited by Conehead; 17-04-2005 at 10:13 PM.
Old 17-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Blue Lip

LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE!

ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHH!

GUYS, GUYS! its to bloody complicated. You want to make this "super fishing comp" but your not listening to what everyone is saying. Ben your being ignorant. Start listening to what everyone is telling you instead of adding all this complicated crap to it. Get the thing off the ground first.

Do a trail round. Don’t worry about any insurance crap, don’t worry about Sponsors or anything to do with an official comp JUST RUN THE DAMN THING as a friendly gathering and work your way from there.

BUT for god sakes start to LISTEN to what everyone has to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers, Nathan

VicBream Classics

Shipton Trading

Spotters Sunglasses

Jiggy Jigs

Jolie image

Old 17-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Banned

Well said Nath.

Why don't you do what has been done in previous year's? There was a comp organised a year or two ago on the Yarra. I heared it went pretty well with a few fish caught. That's was successful, so why not do it like that and take it from there? When it all works out, you should move onto the super punt's idea.

My 2 cent's worth.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: