Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:11 AM
Poddy Bream

I love shimano reels and rods but I must say that I bought a diawa tournament bream a few months ago and it is the best bream rod I have used in that price bracket. Despite this I'm all for shimano
Old 10-09-2013, 04:14 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwater.adam View Post
Like a daiwa?
Lol. +1. I myself have never owned a shimano reel. I started with 2 diawa regales yrs ago and have never looked back. Now
Use soles and certate's. but have a caldia and ema as well. So
My opinion doesn't really count because I just don't use shimano. Not to say they don't make grate stuff. Just have never had an issue with diawa. Love there reels. I think this is that old Holden vs ford battle that will end in tears.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:15 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshwater.adam View Post
I'm a daiwa man but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, instead of just saying 'shimano are crap' ill explain why I prefer daiwa. I have 2 exists that I do 90% of my fishing with, they weigh nothing and are still as smooth as the day they came out of the box. Why I DON'T like shimano is all the reels I've used (including stellas) feel heavy on the initial crank of the handle, maybe they need to lighten the rotor or use different gearing but that's why I can't stand shimano reels. Just my personal opinion
Gotta agree with ya I don't find that to be a problem but when winding a daiwa exist, certate etc they feel so light and smooth. But shimano are very smooth and love them to hahahha.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripen lips View Post
Lol. +1. I myself have never owned a shimano reel. I started with 2 diawa regales yrs ago and have never looked back. Now
Use soles and certate's. but have a caldia and ema as well. So
My opinion doesn't really count because I just don't use shimano. Not to say they don't make grate stuff. Just have never had an issue with diawa. Love there reels. I think this is that old Holden vs ford battle that will end in tears.
Mate I'm just like you! The first reel I ever used was a shimano and never had any issues. But seeing the range that daiwa have now I can't help myself but go and buy one if there reels and give it a go. Lol please no years here hahaha.

Thanks for all the replies ppl.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Mature Bream

I have the new diawa catalog and I have to say I got blown away with there range.growing up it my dad only used diawa but once I got older where I could buy my own gear it was shimano.first shimano reel was the TSS-4 speed master.i am leaning to buy a new diawa reel but I'm a shimano man
Old 10-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Big Bream

I wasnt to fussed when I started out. . But after looking around a bit chose to go with daiwa. Mainly cause they make some excellent fast action rods for a reasonable price. . Almost all shimano ones are too whippy and soft in the medium range. .. The daiwa ones looks much better compared to shimano. Only gripe is some have micro guides in daiwa..

With the reels. They have the real 4 technology. Which means any reel with real 4 technology are compatible with each other and spools. Knobs etc. Can be swapped with each other. .

I think from reading on here. Shimano has a better warranty and servicing turnaround than daiwa
Old 10-09-2013, 04:30 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nix88 View Post
I have the new diawa catalog and I have to say I got blown away with there range.growing up it my dad only used diawa but once I got older where I could buy my own gear it was shimano.first shimano reel was the TSS-4 speed master.i am leaning to buy a new diawa reel but I'm a shimano man
One of the reasons that motivated me to post this thread is after looking at the new shimano and daiwa catalogue! Daiwa blew me away as well!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:34 AM
Blue Lip

I own 5 daiwas for my light tackle needs but im still a shimano man Haha
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 AM
Banned

Always Shimano and always will be
Old 10-09-2013, 04:36 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple5ive View Post
I wasnt to fussed when I started out. . But after looking around a bit chose to go with daiwa. Mainly cause they make some excellent fast action rods for a reasonable price. . Almost all shimano ones are too whippy and soft in the medium range. .. The daiwa ones looks much better compared to shimano. Only gripe is some have micro guides in daiwa..

With the reels. They have the real 4 technology. Which means any reel with real 4 technology are compatible with each other and spools. Knobs etc. Can be swapped with each other. .

I think from reading on here. Shimano has a better warranty and servicing turnaround than daiwa
The only thing that has been stopping from buying a daiwa is the fact of the bad customer service of daiwa! When it comes to service and warranty shimano are far ahead.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules01 View Post
I own 5 daiwas for my light tackle needs but im still a shimano man Haha
Hahahaha that's a good one!!! Thanks for sharing that.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:48 AM
Blue Lip

megabass all the way. if you disagree your wrong.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Big Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella fella View Post
megabass all the way. if you disagree your wrong.
C'mon mate your name says it all!!! Hahaha😉
Old 10-09-2013, 05:20 AM
Big Bream

Always will be Shimano!

This for me came about with my first shimano reel, the Sienna 1000 back when I started fishing the Sunshine Coast. Zero maintenance, was only into bait and caught everything from snapper, bream, cod and a 1.2m shovel nose shark from pt cartwright to everything else in between in the river.

For me that was the beginning and will be the end... Shimano.

I've picked up and been shown plenty of $400 + Daiwa rods and undoubtable when it comes to rods, Shimano stands like a Ben 10 comparison.

When it come to reels I don't think Daiwa are in the same game atm. Shimano have been happy to spread their X-Ship, SR concept, AR-C spool, S A-RB bearings, etc across the board from the $700+ Stella down to the $160 Saros. Though I may be corrected because im not fully aware of how much the lower end reels are contextual to their flagship brother.

The Shimano brand seems too restricted in Aus and needs a serious overhaul in my opinion. If your a fan you'd be aware of the Vanquish, Cardiff CI4+, 2013 Soare CI4+, Rarenium CI4+ that would rival the finesse Daiwa reels. Then the 2011 Twinpower, Engetsu, Aero CI4+ that would dominate the estuaries. 2013 Biomaster SW, Twinpower SW, Super Aero for the heavier fishing. We just don't see the variety here.

Ive liked the look of a few Daiwa reels over the years but have never been able to get past the size of the bail wire.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Mature Bream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bash View Post
One of the reasons that motivated me to post this thread is after looking at the new shimano and daiwa catalogue! Daiwa blew me away as well!!!
Incredible isn't with the range they offer.i wonder if they will make a replaceable wife

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: