Go Back   Bream Master Forums > Bream Tackle > Reels

Reels Who’s using what, find out in here.

Old 17-12-2013, 07:27 AM
Mature Bream

Tatula 100P

Found myself what I would call a bargain. Tatula 100P - This is the Slow retrieve model. I paid $140 Delivered from NSW - New in box but 2nd hand.

I've owned cheap and nasty baitcasters in the past and have always had the problem of birds nests. This reel is fantastic for the beginner. I dug out an old Jarvis Walker Intruder "ENFORCER" Baitcast rod that I had owned for far too many years. Cast weight rating of 20-50g.

I started off with a 14g Vibe and dialled the settings to maximum. Slowly decreasing until I was back to 8 on the settings. I was putting quite an effort in to a smooth rolling cast and getting between 35-40m very accurately. The more confident I became the more I wanted to use a a lighter lure.

I tied on a 4g crank bait and once again adjusted the settings accordingly. I found that by setting the magnetics to between 6 and 8 I was casting about 20-30m quite accurately and without a mess in the spool.

I would say that I am very much a beginner when it comes to the baitcasters and this reel matched me perfectly. A nice slow and gentle retrieve saw the lure move swiftly through the water. - Despite not catching anything I was VERY impressed with this reel overall.

I can't wait to get myself a megabass racing condition rod to match up with it and see how much further I can cast.

Even more impressive I can imagine is the Type R model with the quicker retrieve. - Can't wait to get a fish and see how well the drag works. BRING ON THE JACKS.

Old 17-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Blue Lip

Thats good to hear mate
Old 19-02-2017, 06:47 PM
Blue Lip

Roll on all these years and I've got me a 100P CT for $140 from the US...

Now to see wether to keep that or the Curado 50e?

Time will tell. Cant believe your Tat is still going with such little regard to maintenance

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: